Balancing The land units (Galactic Civil War)

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
sortablebird

Balancing The land units (Galactic Civil War)

Post by sortablebird »

Here is some possible balancing.

Shields will regenerate. they will be hit first. once penetrated shields wont regen anymore and leaves the armor(hp) unprotected. shields will start regenerating again once repaired by some unit.

rebellion:
Infantry:
Rebel troops - 1 turn
engineer squad - 2 turns
hijackers - 3 turns
plex troopers- 2 turns
builder - 3 turns
Light vehicles:
T1-b (transport 1 squad) - 3 turns
T2-b (transport 1 squad, counters AT-ST) - 5 turns
AAC-1(counters 2-M, missiles ignore shields. 2-M has high shields, but lower armor) - 5 turns
snow speeder (counters ATAT, can be eassily destroyed by AA) - 5 turns
Heavy tanks:
T4-B - 8 or 9 turns
Artillery tanks:
MPTL-2a - 9 or 8 turns

Empire:
Infantry the same
light vehicles:
ITT (transport 1 squad) - 3 turns
[ATAR (worse than the ATST in firepower and armor...i guess if you want to attack the enemy earlier, with some potentially dangerous unit) - 4 or 3 turns]
AT-AA (anti air walker) - 4 turns
AT-ST (counters AAC-1, cause has high armour and no shields. missles ignore shields) - 5 turns
2-M (transport 1 squad, counters T2-B) - 6 turns
Heavy tanks:
ATAT (transports 2 squads, does less damage than T4-B) - 9 or 8
artillery tank:
SPMA-T - 9 or 8 turns

eras:
Galactic civil war: Wont be able to build any factories or barracks. Mostly just a war between the rebel alliance and the empire, in which the rebel alliance tried to restore democratic rule in the galaxy.
Races or Combatants: Rebellion, Empire ....maybe we can add in Mandalorians, Black Sun, Zann Consortium. Lateeeer maybe, maybe not. It seems too random. Give me an idea if you have one.
Clone wars: You will be able to build barracks, factories, and units will be cheaper to produce. Massive wars
Combatants: Republic, confederacy
Imperial civil war: Haven't though about it yet. Just wanted to bring it out.
Last edited by sortablebird on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Balancing The units

Post by Stratego (dev) »

suggestions: we should not make units that are more costy than 6-8 turns. that will be a great pain to wait for those.
sortablebird

Re: Balancing The units

Post by sortablebird »

Yeah you are right. So i decreased the amount of turns for all the vehicles. But I still think that the heavy tanks should take a longer time to produce than the light tanks. Heavy tanks were very expensive to produce, so they weren't massively produced like the lighter tanks, and were limited in use.
I added a snow speeder in there, And also I added some different eras and ideas. Ill first try to finish the galactic civil war and then ill give ideas for the clone wars. The space battles is something completely different than land battles, ill try to think of something later.

And did you read the change in land battles, i posted in the others topic ?
sortablebird

Re: Balancing The units (Galactic Civil War)

Post by sortablebird »

So yeah these are the basic units. I added in an AT-AA, which is an anti air for the empire. And the ATAR will be a unit purchased through the upgrades.
Should i attempt to give them some stats ? And is there a possible way to test it out ?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

testing:
- sorry but SWS is far from testabilities, i need to finish WW2 to get to beta before start implementing SWS.
- So it is cool to make only images now in SWS and hopepfully you will ready with images when i am ready with WW2beta so we can start build up and balance SWS.
- however you can test the "look" by simply putting background beneath the unit so see how that would look ingame
sortablebird

Post by sortablebird »

Yeah i know. Sure, i'll just wait and post some more ideas and images, later. I'll try to finish off the space battles in the galactic civil war era too.

Return to “Units & Structures”