Post by Stratego (dev) »

Jasondunkel

Re: US - Artillery - Little David

Post by Jasondunkel »

that could be in game as "küstengeschütz"
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:32 pm that could be in game as "küstengeschütz"
küstengeschütz is coastal artillery, Little David was a mortar.
Support the new project set in the 1850s to the 1930s.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
https://discord.gg/BwnPATZtfr
HauptmannHorst

Post by HauptmannHorst »

küstengeschütz is coastal artillery, Little David was a mortar.
[/quote]

I agree the weapon was never build dir this purpose and had an effective range of only 6 Miles. It cant keep up with the Heavy artillery we set for the job of coastal guns.(?)
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

HauptmannHorst wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:41 pm küstengeschütz is coastal artillery, Little David was a mortar.
I wouldn't say it was weak as it had a caliber of 917 mm, similarly to the Dora railway gun and ingame it would have a range of around 9 tiles. And just because it's a prototype doesn't mean it can't get implemented, look at Germany for example, half (over exaggerated) of their units are prototypes.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
HauptmannHorst

Post by HauptmannHorst »

I wouldn't say it was weak as it had a caliber of 917 mm, similarly to the Dora railway gun and ingame it would have a range of around 9 tiles. And just because it's a prototype doesn't mean it can't get implemented, look at Germany for example, half (over exaggerated) of their units are prototypes.
[/quote]

Youre right it wasnt weak but it was to make a big "boom" against ground units and not for accurate fire with great precision what's nessecery dir effective fighting against naval units. But it's totaly worth it to be implemented!
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

i know that this unit would not have the real power there

but since the usa had no real coastal guns, it was a start.

besides, it is more of a weapon to test the quality of bombs and it seems to be stationary.
and i have no idea how this could come into play.
TrueSlav

Post by TrueSlav »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:20 pm i know that this unit would not have the real power there

but since the usa had no real coastal guns, it was a start.

besides, it is more of a weapon to test the quality of bombs and it seems to be stationary.
and i have no idea how this could come into play.
"By 1944, it was expected that American forces would encounter extremely strong fortifications during the expected invasion of Japan. Studies began on using Little David as a siege mortar. The mortar was converted into a two-piece mobile unit, consisting of the 80,000-pound (36,000 kg) barrel and the 93,000-pound (42,000 kg) base transported by two M25 tractors. In addition to the two main loads, the Little David unit would also include a bulldozer and crane with bucket to dig the emplacement for the mortar's base." Therefore it can be implemented.
Forum link:
viewforum.php?f=359
Discord link:
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Hi there,

I think we can't implement this in the game. Instead of it being a producible unit, this would simply be a buildable unit, like the V1 Launch site. Right now, the USA is lacking heavy artillery (I don't have all the upgrades, so I don't know for sure). This could be a good Mega artillery piece, like the Karl Geret.
If we can't implement it in game, we should definitely put it in as a map editor unit.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Return to “US Guns”