EFFECT AND EFFECT_AFFECT , id's and camp.maps -ANSWERED

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

EFFECT AND EFFECT_AFFECT , id's and camp.maps -ANSWERED

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I am new to modding, and is currently working on a new varient. So, i have a few questions

Why there are EFFECT_ and EFFECT_AFFECT_ id's in the effect_id_list.txt representing the same thing.

Do i have to keep the existing id's in the assets, while working on it to advance to another variants, or, can I use id's of my like(by removing the preset id's) , to each effects techs and units in an sequential manner relevant to the woking variant?

Should the TC should always be id=100.
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Midonik

Re: EFFECT AND EFFECT_AFFECT , id's and camp.maps

Post by Midonik »

Most effects need 2 JSONs - one in the effect folder (EFFECT), and one in the units folder (often referred to as EFFECT_AFFECT). So there are actually two different IDs that you need to keep track of for each effect, so they aren't the same thing. Btw, the exceptions from that rule are summons (then the effect affect is replaced with a unit), transforms (you define them in transforms.json and in the unit JSONs) and effects like auras, environmental effects, effects that give other effects - those needs 3 or more JSONs, at least two in the effect folder.

If the IDs is used by a unit, tech or effect/effect affect in game, then don't remove it, if it isn't, no need for it. The id section is solely for modders, so they know which IDs are free, it doesn't directly affect the game. However, every unit, tech or effect/effect affect Id needs to be unique, so it's super important to keep track of the IDs. Also, don't remove any carried over JSONs by yourself, as it may cause some errors - consult that with the Dev.

I don't think the tc's Id needs to be 100, but why in the world would you change it?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: EFFECT AND EFFECT_AFFECT , id's and camp.maps

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Tkns, i will look over it.
Midonik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 pm I don't think the tc's Id needs to be 100, but why in the world would you change it?
Actually i was just asking whether any identifiers external to assets pack, or js defining identifies 100 always as TC,or so with any others.
Any way thanks again.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC

Return to “Ask questions here”