terrain afinity for other stats than speed

L4cus

terrain afinity for other stats than speed

Post by L4cus »

It could be good to have stats modified the same way as speed, ifd what u think...it is still possible to have a similar effect using terrain effects but this feature would make the stat changes pretty unique for every unit, i think
It would be someyhing like this in json:
"power":3,
"trnPowerTerrain":[
{"terrainType":"TERRAINS_FOREST_ONLY_WALKABLE","modifier":0.7},
{"terrainType":"TERRAINS_DESERTWALKABLE","modifier":1},
{"terrainType":"TERRAINS_SNOWWALKABLE","modifier":0.7},
{"terrainType":"TERRAINS_PLAINS_ONLY_WALKABLE","modifier":1}],

Idk if this would be hard to add, or if this could work with armor, sight, p armor, accuary penalty, power range penalty etc
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Re: terrain afinity for other stats than speed

Post by godOfKings »

Isnt forest tile giving +1 p armor? Then swamp removes action and reduces armor
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually right now it is possible to make terrain effects unique to specific category units or even to specific unit(s). It is implemented already i believe. Alas not in a way you wanted since it is not described on unit's stats sheet.

In aof for example we are planning effect for plant-based units to get regeneration on forest tiles.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Well, even that way (i know it does exists) u would not get the same results...
If u set a terrain as 1.5 afinity, and ur unit gets a buff, u would get this:
TD=(BA+BFF)*TA - ARMOUR
TD:TOTAL DAMAGE
BA: BASE ATTACK
BFF: BUFF
TA:TERRAIN AFINITY

but with the currnt way u would get
TD=BA+BFF+TE - ARMOUR
TE: TERRAIN EFFECT

Btw, making terrain effects takes longer, is more complex and yeah u cam make specific terrain effect for specific unitstthat can have different categories but they would be a lot...idk if u get what i mean...t_t
Last edited by L4cus on Mon May 03, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What is BFF? Best Friend Forever?

Other than that we do not have yet any multipliable attack or defence effects. Only health and mend rate as far as i know.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

BFF is buff dxdx
and well, why not having multipliers for other stats? it could give some interesting possibiities...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Multiplier for stats means that it will stack with other multipliers. By multiplying. And that is dangerous.

In aof we accidently made once multiplier ability for scalefolks (multiplying attack via ability by the way i believe is possible). Instead of +2 attack it gave x2 attack and fast enough unit with base attack 6 gained 12/24/48/96/192/384/768/1536/3072/6144 attack. In 2 turns. At this moment unit was able to one shot literally anything.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Well, i dont plan to give such a huge multiplier, just 5-15 % and...and well, not in that quantity...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That ability was stackable aura buff.

As for +15% that either will be too low (in aos, for example on pikeman basic — 15% of 4-6 attack is 0.6-0.9 which is rounded down) or too powerful (in aof, for olog hai maxed — 15% of 120 attack is 18 which is very good value equial to +6 tiers of smithing techs for humans/elves/dwarves).

And in second case if effect is multipliable (for example somehow you can get 2 and 3 instances of same effect for olog hai abive) it will be even more dangerous — second effect will be applied for attack value 138 (result is 158,7) and for third effect — for attack value 158 (result is 181,7). Instead of +54 attack in example with olig hai you will get +61 or extra +5 attack.

In first case alas, on pikeman with 4 attack, effect will have completely no effect even with 500 instances since base will be rounded down to 4 which is multiplied up to 4.6 and than again rounded down to 4.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Ask questions here”