In-game chat box changes

Things that do not fit any other section
Lucifer

In-game chat box changes

Post by Lucifer »

Hi.
Can I suggest tweaking the multiplayer chatbox (in-game) to work even when its not your turn?

It is important for three reasons:
- You can view messages even when its not your turn, duh.
- You can talk to the other players/allies and strategize without being limited to 1 message(s) per round.
- You can view someone's last message after you win/lose.

To be honest, the current chatbox limitation seems weird and unintuitive. I know that we can use the out-of-game chat, but doesn't have the context of the map and pinging a location/unit features.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: In-game chat box changes

Post by Stratego (dev) »

You can talk to the other players/allies and strategize without being limited to 1 message(s) per round.
i dont know any limit, you can send any messaes.
- You can view messages even when its not your turn, duh.
- You can view someone's last message after you win/lose.
i think both can be solved by letting to press the message button to list the messagges (and only inactivate the send buttons.)
Lucifer

Post by Lucifer »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:12 pm i dont know any limit, you can send any messaes.
Kind of. You can send any number of messages at once, but the person can only reply on their turn. Meaning,
There's no difference between sending a 100 word message or 10 10-word messages on your turn, because you will get a reply only once per round. That's the issue, you can only reply (and reply to that reply, and so on) only once per round, so conversations move at a glacial pace.

I'd be happy with just being able to view the messages too, I'm just wondering what is achieved by the limitation of not being able to send messages out-of-turn.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually messages are stored with game and sent when you press next turn.
so it is a limitation of the current implementation.

to make that you say i need to
1. scrap current storage and "sending"
2. and make a new message storage on server side
3. and make instant sendings to that storage when you write a message
4. on message listings listing from online storage (drawback you will not be able to list any messages if you are playing offline)

or in other words: i should enable the out-game chatbox ingame, but with "flare" on a tile option.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Just as i thought — again engine.

Alas here i would agree that this is required.
At very least in unity version.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Others”