Elves Dodge Range?

Things that do not fit any other section
Aral_Yaren

Elves Dodge Range?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

So I had in MP 8 composite archers that stand and shot a 2nd tier human skirmisher from range - and all was miss, seeing 2nd tier human skirmisher has 20% dodge range.

The funny thing here was that eventhough I had finished 8 turn for elves 20% dodge range, yet all my sword dancers and archers got fired by their veteran archer and fortress in total 7 shots. What annoyed the most was how for the same statistics one can get fantastically different result.

I had read somewhere how one overvalued dodge even just 30%. One thing for sure is that even after that long 15 turns, everything is decided by randomness (and it puts the pulse how after 45 turns for 30% of all dodge, everything goes back to randomness, sort of gambling). For that 45 turns, even Scalefolk can get more hp, dwarf can get more armor, unded can get better raise corpse, ork and human can upgrade important units. All in certainity. And not counting those bunches of other upgrades in the roster which are essential of their survivability, save to put behind some of their trash upgrades like ability power, nature sight, tracking (this is one of the obvious NERF that elf suffer - for race so fragile, sight is obviously important, yet they broke it into separate fractures with additional turns. That's why I stated somewhere Elf need effective booster early).

So that was just my thought. I have read somewhere Elf maybe (and maybe) will get rework, yet I doubt when it will take months at least (perhaps years).

Thanks for the amazing trip this 4 months in AoF, good luck for Stratego and all. I resign.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Savra

Re: Elves Dodge Range?

Post by Savra »

Well, if a unit has bonuses to your unit then they ignore about half the units Dodge.

Your composite archers have no bonuses towards throwers so it couldn't ignore half his dodge.

An example of this is elf fire Archer vs troll headhunter, both can ignore half of each other's dodges.
makazuwr32

Re: Elves Dodge Range?

Post by makazuwr32 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:16 pm So I had in MP 8 composite archers that stand and shot a 2nd tier human skirmisher from range - and all was miss, seeing 2nd tier human skirmisher has 20% dodge range.

The funny thing here was that eventhough I had finished 8 turn for elves 20% dodge range, yet all my sword dancers and archers got fired by their veteran archer and fortress in total 7 shots. What annoyed the most was how for the same statistics one can get fantastically different result.

I had read somewhere how one overvalued dodge even just 30%. One thing for sure is that even after that long 15 turns, everything is decided by randomness (and it puts the pulse how after 45 turns for 30% of all dodge, everything goes back to randomness, sort of gambling). For that 45 turns, even Scalefolk can get more hp, dwarf can get more armor, unded can get better raise corpse, ork and human can upgrade important units. All in certainity. And not counting those bunches of other upgrades in the roster which are essential of their survivability, save to put behind some of their trash upgrades like ability power, nature sight, tracking (this is one of the obvious NERF that elf suffer - for race so fragile, sight is obviously important, yet they broke it into separate fractures with additional turns. That's why I stated somewhere Elf need effective booster early).

So that was just my thought. I have read somewhere Elf maybe (and maybe) will get rework, yet I doubt when it will take months at least (perhaps years).

Thanks for the amazing trip this 4 months in AoF, good luck for Stratego and all. I resign.
We will reduce in future dodge ranged on skirmishers but in general if unit has bonuses to enemy with dodges than dodges are cut in half.
If unit has not bonuses than dodges are counted at full power.

We should really work soon enough on plant units and some druid shapeshifters so they will be able to support elven army in melee.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Others”