Idea to improve communication with players

Things that do not fit any other section
diesel

Idea to improve communication with players

Post by diesel »

It may not be possible to program, but what if we added a button to the game chat page for announcements?

Something like
or
under the two already there

It would open a simple text box like Version Log, and allow us to give immediate information.

Things like,
"We are aware of XXX problem and are currently working on it."
"The random maps Furin and Long Island have been returned to their original glory, check them out!"

And in between any announcement it can provide the discord link to bring more players there too.

Since chat scrolls away so fast, it can be very useful at times, eliminate some questions and complaints that clutter chat, and show how we are constantly in touch and interested in the community.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Idea to improve communication with players

Post by Stratego (dev) »

would be awesome but i dont want to make many UI changes in Android version, as the Unity version is coming, and making things twice is a little (big) pain :)

also case in general worse as recently Unity version is totally stopped for weeks (or a month?) because of the many things to do in all alternatives, including balancing :(

instead i suggest making a Foirum topic with those informations that you would have placed in "announcements", and simply copy paste that link to that.
would that be good?
diesel

Re: Idea to improve communication with players

Post by diesel »

A forum link is obviously fine too, i suggested only because on busier days the chat can scroll away fast.

If ever an announcement is necessary, a link works.

Return to “Others”