Editor Help

Things that do not fit any other section
diesel

Editor Help

Post by diesel »

Hey new thread now, gonna skip my chatter, i want to concentrate on a few questions...

1) is there an exec command to act/deact blocks of triggers like eff: activate tr#13-26? (somewhere a list of available execs?)

2) how can i guarantee a spawn unit point is free? ---> cannot "eff: delete obj" on an empty tile, but there's random chance of player/opp/gaia/item being there

3) there's "eff: declare victory" but no declare defeat (unit/item/whatever destroyed)

4) is the solid forest/shrub tile gone? sometimes visually better than laying out the mini-tree tiles (and still block siege paths)

5) is there a cond/eff limit per trigger? haven't hit one but on my next idea i might

finally what happens then when i hit send to market? i assume its reviewed before publicly available?

Thx for any help, I'm looking forward to sharing my work 8-)
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Editor Help

Post by Hyuhjhih »

1️⃣ there is eff: deactivate trigger (X) to deactivate a single trigger. You can add several eff with different trigger numbers or you can chain through consecutive triggers. But effecting many triggers at once is not available. Maybe you can suggest one in the suggestions.

2️⃣ if you mean the spawn point for eff: create obj at X/Y
You can't guarantee if the tile is occupied. That way, the unit won't spawn.

3️⃣ What do you mean? If a player wins, the other player loses. So if you want to declare defeat for a player, you can simply declare victory to other player.

4️⃣ i hope terrain forest (that can be cleared by worker)
Which block the path of siege machines and ofc wagons. Still exist. There are decorative items also in unit buildings.

5️⃣No. Atleast
  • each cond should have an eff
  • each eff should need a cond
  • if more than a cond is applied to an eff, it checks if each cond returns true
  • if more than one eff is applied. A cond, the last added eff triggers first and the others override if it is mutually exclusive
◼there are map moderators who will periodically test market maps and rate them to be made public.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

diesel wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:38 pm 5) is there a cond/eff limit per trigger? haven't hit one but on my next idea i might

finally what happens then when i hit send to market? i assume its reviewed before publicly available?
If map moderator give [fixable] (if related to trigger problem) to you, just send it back to market after you fix the trigger.
diesel

Post by diesel »

cool thx guys, that helps... i had already worked around the issues but wanted to make a "cleaner" map and more condensed trigger list but some things not possible

so no list of exec commands available then?
diesel

Post by diesel »

In my post I was referring to this tile, smoothable forest pieces. They're def not in editor.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210606_204942.jpg
Screenshot_20210606_204942.jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

They are outdated and not supposed to be used anymore, or something. I believe the forest removing effects didnt work on them, so they were removed.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Others”