What style of play do you like best?

Things that do not fit any other section
diesel

What style of play do you like best?

Post by diesel »

Out of curiosity, I'm interested in knowing what "style" of AoF you all like to play the most - PvP, AI skirmish, scenarios, campaigns... ... ?

(apologies if this is a dev only forum!)
makazuwr32

Re: What style of play do you like best?

Post by makazuwr32 »

Moved to "Others" forum since it is not a vote.

As for topic itself:
I like the most to play multiplayer in aof and we are trying to make right now best possible multiplayer experience.

Campains/scenarios: apart from few i do not see them as interesting enough to replay them. Only to earn gems.
I am planning though a big campain which would be interesting to replay (multiple ways to clear map) with story in it (in some cases will be skippable, in some cases will have actual dialogs with multiple choices). It is going too slow though since i do not have enough time while i am aiming for too high objective during campain making. A game inside a game.

As for ai skirmish: i do not like it much since ai is not good in games in general. It always becomes too common and plain after some time of playing against ai.

So in short i'd say next are my favourite parts in aof:
Multiplayer games (various);
Game planning, game balancing;
Map making.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Yeah you sound a lot like me :)

Campaigns/Scenarios - *could* be a great start for newer players (learn game/earn gems) however yep once and done. Also many are totally imbalanced (maybe from updates, I'm too new to know changes) - i personally don't like most, no offense to the creators! but i think absolutely the best way to hook new players

AI - thats how I tested everything, and still my favorite! Predictable at times yes a bit, but creative map making (and several of the preinstalled maps) plus switching up races and # of opponents has given me lots of amazing campaigns. Love taking millersland games to massive 150+ turn wars + other fun stuff like win with archers only, or no casters/healers, etc. Simply fun + ability to style as wanted

PvP - sorry haven't tried yet! my life is unpredictable so afraid to start one then dissappear a couple days. i play mostly offline.

Mapmaking - i won't even start, could talk all night ha ha that's why I'm addicted. I do something similar, have maps embedded in maps (triggered mini-games) that yeah give multiple ways to win. There's amazing things you can do with the editor ;)
diesel

Post by diesel »

I was asking because multiplayer never looks busy, rarely games open when i stop by. Curious how players are spending their time.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I prefer to play with players i know though or just request duels. I do not dislike random games with random players though but for getter into better form of myself i need to take some time.

I am making too many mistakes after too long delay in mp games and that will hit experience from multiplayer rather hard.

Also right now i already have more than 40 on-going games.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

So then would you say Multiplay is the primary goal as you enhance and balance the app itself?

Speaking honestly: since the apps are advertised as offline, i would think equal priority would be given to maintaining a solo experience (which i feel your core AI is capable of) for the player "hook" and then multiplay to keep customer interest and loyalty.

I ask so much only because I work with conventional tabletops and TCGs - balance and mechanics are prioritised purely for PvP and obviously lack the ability to provide complex strategic *solo* play. Yes its been attempted many times on- and offline but never effectively imo.

Fell immediately in love with the apps (aof my favorite) for being able to fill that hole in tabletop gaming. I think by providing both options you can literally corner the market for solo while creating a solid, loyal customer base for PvP.

Nice work, it's exciting watching the game grow and mature!
Savra

Post by Savra »

Interesting points, I personally am trying to get the ai to work much better so people get more of a challenge out of them then current.

Also I would like all our campaigns and the such to be working in proper order as well since that might cause problems with holding players interest...
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I like to play more on the network, since I have already played about 3-4 years in solo and I am already very tired of AI, the game against players is much more epic. I often play big 50/50 cards with 800 limit and a lot of centers.

In my opinion, the balancing of the network game does not interfere with the solo game in any way. In my opinion, there are quite a few campaigns, but the truth is that I do not like scripted small cards so I can not read English words and I just don’t understand what to do, when I started playing Aos it almost became the reason for deleting the game, but luckily I gave the game a second chance and the next campaign was a regular battle against the AI.
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I don't play AOF much anymore, but when I did, I usually played multiplayer the most, followed by skirmishes against myself, and then campaigns and map maker. If people are looking for teammates to play with, I might start playing again.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
diesel

Post by diesel »

Yeah i expect multiplay to be the player base... but here's what I'd like to try:

Need a couple more days to finish (and my screen just cracked which sucks), but I've been looking long for a game that doesn't seem to exist. Tile based strategy in a RPG environment, solo play, offline capability.

Basically a short adventure to grow a character, ending in a war against AI. I can pull it out during lunch break, play a couple turns, come back whenever.

I used triggers to embed mini-screens, offer choices, and advance chr attributes. It's only been a few days so the game itself is basic, but my point was to show functions I haven't seen yet. Using them I can easily get more complicated.

1) Cracked screen making it difficult to finish - since they don't cloud, can i manually move drafts? Android 8 Huawei to Android 10 Samsung

2) When I'm done (weekend probably) I'd love a little feedback - how can i show it to either just devs or even cooler, let the community look?

3) How can i format txt on intro screen, editor won't except double return for paragraph spacing!

Thx for any help! :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think if u install the game in ur new phone, load ur in-game account, close the game and start again, all the maps u have launched b4 should b loaded in the my maps section, after that if u long click those games, there should b a button to move to drafts, if it doesnt appear in the beginning it can appear after u launch the game, close mid way and long click it while the game is still continuing

U dont need to uninstall it in ur old phone b4 u try this in ur new phone, i think it should work
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
diesel

Post by diesel »

Yeah great idea thx! Not home for a couple hrs, I'll post the results 👍
diesel

Post by diesel »

No sadly nothing worked, I've accepted defeat now, thx anyway for the advice...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Do you have a pc?
If you do you probably can connect your old phone as hard drive and relocate all files from it to pc.

I have found exact location of maps on my phone:
Phone memory core/tmp;
All my maps are there as .map files.
They easily can be moved to other place and relocated to other device as well.

For point 2 i have no idea, sorry.
I can look over maps if you share them via third site though, like google drive.

As for 3rd — i believe @Midonik has good knowledge about text formatting for maps descriptions.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

weird i can't get access to /data/app or /obb

checked my kids phones earlier (android 10 and 11) same deal restricted root access. couldn't manually insert an apk either

haven't done this in a couple years, used to always move files in and out, maybe im too tired its 4am

or maybe google trying to force play store on android, but its cool, maps weren't that important, easy to make again

(and formatting is simple html, it was dumb question haven't been sleeping much :oops: )
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Nono. Not in root/android/data/app or /data/obb.
In root/tmp.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Btw, have u tried the save/load button in the accounts? May b if u press the save btton in the acc of ur old phone, then the load button in the new phone, it might work
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Save and load do not save anymore maps you make.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Others”