The mystery of the missing Aircraft Carrier

Blight13

The mystery of the missing Aircraft Carrier

Post by Blight13 »

Aircraft carriers are cool and all but all the major nations except UK faction can create aircraft carriers. What's up with that?

It seems unfair that the other three nations China, US and Russia can create Aircraft Carriers but not UK, it gives them a huge disadvantage.

But when I looked into some more, the UK does have an aircraft carrier! It's unbuildable of course but it's available in the map creator as a unit. UK also has a battleship that has the same texture as the battleship from AOWW.

It's sad that UK does have an aircraft carrier but can't build it.

Though... this isn't the end of the story. I found a way to build the missing aircraft carrier even though in its info, it has no builders.

American shipyards can build the UK's aircraft carriers. The way to get an American shipyard is to somehow take control of one as UK.

The way I did it is accidental, during a multiplayer game, my teammate as America didn't make a move so I inherited his army, which also gave me access to the American shipyard.

Another way is to just take control of it yourself, just tap which unit you want to take control of from your team and click the swap icon right of the unit info on the top of the screen. Viola! Free shipyard.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug as in the unit info, the aircraft carrier shouldn't have any builders. but that has me thinking if the shipyard from other factions can also build the UK aircraft carrier.
Blight13

Re: The mystery of the missing Aircraft Carrier

Post by Blight13 »

Update: I checked and only American Shipyards can create the UK aircraft carrier. By the way, its name is 'Colossus-class Aircraft Carier'.

And I made a mistake about the taking control of a teammate's units, you can only take control of bots' units, not players.

Lastly, UK was always able to create the battleship, just not on higher levels of defcon. Similar to how in the max lvl defcon for US, they cannot build battleship or the other two aircraft carriers.

Return to “Others”