rokets missiles

Jasondunkel

rokets missiles

Post by Jasondunkel »

there are many types of missiles, both for aircraft and for ground air defense.
unguided missiles, guided by infrared, radar based, tv guided or even laser guided.

any ideas how we can bring this into play?

first approach would be different ranges
and different capabilities for the aircraft
for the fighter planes i would suggest two types of missiles that are purely for air to air combat

for the fighter-bombers also two types of missiles
one air-to-air and one air-to-ground

missiles with a greater range should then get a cooldown

so let us discuss
Shark guy 35

Re: rokets missiles

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I would also like to bring up the inclusion of long ranged missiles, like ICBMs and cruise missiles. I currently don't know how it would work, so I'd appreciate some ideas.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
BrenoHenrique

Post by BrenoHenrique »

Shark guy 35 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:15 am I would also like to bring up the inclusion of long ranged missiles, like ICBMs and cruise missiles. I currently don't know how it would work, so I'd appreciate some ideas.
I think heavy missiles like ICBMs could have the ability to destroy cities with their explosion.
AoWW and AoMW graphic designer
BrenoHenrique

Post by BrenoHenrique »

but should only be used once per match.
Matheus Nascimento

Post by Matheus Nascimento »

Like V2 in AOWs or being able to produce just one and never again in that match?
BrenoHenrique

Post by BrenoHenrique »

Matheus Nascimento wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:49 am Like V2 in AOWs or being able to produce just one and never again in that match?
just one (it wouldn't be cool to destroy the entire map with nuclear weapons like ICBMs)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

my thoughts
1. normal air-to-air missiles are normal projectiles (like sidewinder, sparrow, phoenix), like the archer arrows in the medieval games
2. only ballistic / ICBM missiles will have a handling like they are being like a normal plane, it could have a 2-3 turn vanishing and within this time it whould be driven to a location and destroy by an ability or something. They can destroy anything in its damage area (eg. 2-5 range?) except TC-s (however TC-s could gain an effect that makes them being weaker for a few turns), i think any number of such missiles can be shot in a game, but they are also can be destroyed by Anti missile systems - or even planes?
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Yes, ballistic missiles are made to be such for intercepting them by air defense systems and other aerial defense units.
Maybe we could make the other air-to-air missiles as abilities and the most used missiles as normal attack maybe.
Some also said that some planes still use machineguns until this day(which is currently their normal attack and is inaccurate in game), so I'm not really that sure and not knowledgeable.
The war is inevitable! But what if....

Return to “Others”