Gnomes Suggestion

SharkWulf

Gnomes Suggestion

Post by SharkWulf »

I heard that Gnomes were supposed to be the tech heavy variant of Dwarves so I made two upgrade lines for you to consider.

Line 1-I imagine Gnomes would make excellent raiders due to their small size but if you prefer to stick to tech heavy for their infantry too I could redo them.

Gnome Innovations-Tech
Cost: 5 Turns
Effect: Unlocks ability to recruit Gnome Units.

Gnome Hand Grenadier-Unit
Cost: 3 Turns
HP 12
Attack Power 12
Range 2[3?]
Armor 0
Armor Pierce 0
Speed 3
Sight 5
Action a Turn 1
Size 1x1

Since it fires Hand grenades attacks should damage up to 2 tiles away from main target.

Description: Gnome Infantry equipped with small hand grenade launchers these units are effective at clearing out clusters of lightly armored enemies.

Gnome

Gnome Skirmisher-Unit
Cost 4 Turns
HP 15
Attack Power 10
Range 4
Armor 0
Armor Pierce 1
Speed 4
Sight 6
Action a Turn 2
Size 1×1

Description: One of the Gnomes Light Infantry these Gnomes wear little in the way of armor to stay as light as possible as they conduct hit and run raids against enemy troop formations with their light repeater rifles.

Gnome Commando:-Unit
Cost 5 Turns
HP 23
Attack Power 12
Range 4
Armor 2
Armor Pierce 2
Speed 4
Sight 6
Action a Turn 2
Size 1×1

Description: Highly trained Elite Infantry these Gnomes have been trained to operate behind enemy lines for extended periods of time. They can procure medical herbs and food by foraging whilst dispatching threats with their Repeating Commando Rifles.

Notes:Could have a small self heal?

Gnome Raid Leader-Unit
Cost 5 Turns
HP 23
Attack Power 8
Range 3
Armor 1
Armor Pierce 1
Speed 4
Sight 6
Action a turn 2
Size 1×1

Notes: Has a Aura that buffs other nearby units. Has a small Healing ability maybe?

Description: The Leader of a Gnome Commando Squad these Gnomes inspire men underneath them with an encouraging speech before battle. His Repeating Pistol is not as powerful as a Commandos Rifle but signifies his rank within the group.

Line 2 will be the Gnome Aeronautics Industry which produces small Lightweight and nimble Gliders designed either for battlefield support or Commando insertion.

Gnome Scout Glider-Unit
Cost 2 Turns
HP 8
Attack Power 1
Range 1
Armor 0
Armor Pierce 0
Speed 8
Sight 9
Action a turn 1
Size 1×1

Note:Only glider that DOSNT require a Glider Workshop

Glider Workshop-Building
Cost 6 Turns
HP 50
No Attack
Armor 5
Sight 4
Heal Rate 5
Carry Capacity 2
Produces:Combat Glider,Grenade Glider,Commando Glider,Gnome Carrier

Combat Glider-Unit
Cost 4 Turns
Hp 15
Attack Power 10
Range 3
Armor 2
Armor Pierce 3
Speed 3
Sight 5
Action a Turn 2
Size 1×1
Class:Interceptor

Description: A Combat Variant of the Light Glider It is larger and heavier but has better weaponry and armor plating over critical componets. It boasts a larger Repeating rifle that enables it to better deal with armored targets then its predecessor.

Grenade Glider-Unit
Cost 5 Turns
HP 20
Attack Power 12
Range 3
Armor 2
Armor Pierce 6
Speed 3
Sight 4
Action a Turn 1
Size 1×1
Class:Bomber

Description: Outfitted with primitive Grenade Satchels this Glider releases clusters of grenades against unsuspecting enemies on the ground/sea. It is especially effective at eliminating heavily armored enemy units and buildings.

Notes: Grenades have a large explosion radius and spread 3 tiles away from target.

Gnome Carrier
Cost 8 Turns
HP 50
Attack Power 8
Range 3
Armor 2
Armor Pierce 3
Speed 3
Sight 4
Action a Turn 1
Size 2x2
Carry Capacity 2
Class:Carrier
Can produce:Combat Glider,Grenade Glider

Description: Perhaps the finest example of Gnome craftmanship this Massive Glider can carry a small airwing of smaller Glinders into the Battlefield in addition to its large workspace for the assembly of additional gliders and its formidable array of small gun turrets for defense and battlefield support.

Commando Glider
Cost 4 Turns
HP 15
Attack Power 12
Range 2
Armor 1
Armor Pierce 0
Speed 5
Sight 5
Action a Turn 1
Carry Capacity 2
Size 1×1
Class:Transport

Description:
Transport Glider designed to insert Gnome Commandos behind enemy lines quickly. Not designed to take heavy fire this Glider is meant to swoop in and out before the enemy has time to react but in the case of a skirmish has a single battery of MicroRockets to kill lightly armored targets.

Notes:No AOE on Attack-Rockets are too small.

Line 3-Gnome Aeronautics
Tech upgrades for Gnome Gliders weaponry and aerodynamics.

Armor Piercing Rounds- Tech Upgrades

This tech will unlock Armor Piercing Rounds I and II which both give Combat Gliders +1 Armor Piercing and +1 Attack Power.

Armor Piercing I
Cost 4 Turns

Armor Piercing II
Cost 5 Turns

Improved Airframes-Tech Upgrades

This tech will unlock Wooden Frames,Iron Frames and Mithril Frames which give ALL gliders +1 Armor per upgrade.

Wooden Frames
Cost 4 Turns

Iron Frames
Cost 5 Turns

Mithril Frames
Cost 5 Turns

Pilot Training-Tech Upgrade

This tech enables ALL gliders to have better evasion toward ranged attacks.

Pilot Training
Cost 4 Turns

Improved Payloads-Tech Upgrade

This tech unlocks the Bombardment I and II techs which give +1 Armor Pierce and Attack Power for Grenade and Commando gliders each.

Bombardment I
Cost 4 Turns

Bombardment II
Cost 5 Turns

Inferno Payloads-Tech Upgrade.
This tech unlocks the Inferno Explosives Upgrade for Grenade and Commando Gliders that cause their attacks to cause Burning effect.

Inferno Explosion
Cost 4 Turns

I have a couple other suggestions to make but i figured id make these first to see how it went. The Elite Gnomish Infantry should probably require a special Gnome building to recruit as recruiting them in a Dwarven town would make them feel less unique but...eh. Also im not sure how "Tech Heavy" people imagine Gnomes so i settled on Gliders and Repeater Guns but if they need to be MORE tecchy i could switch it to basic planes as well.
Alexander82

Re: Gnomes Suggestion

Post by Alexander82 »

Would you mind opening single topics for the various units. I prefer to discuss ideas one by one so we can discuss eventual issues or overlapping with other ideas.

Thank you.
Age of Fantasy design leader
SharkWulf

Post by SharkWulf »

Alexander82 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:33 pm Would you mind opening single topics for the various units. I prefer to discuss ideas one by one so we can discuss eventual issues or overlapping with other ideas.

Thank you.
Where should I put them? Theres not a Gnome forum so should i just stick them in the Dwarves section?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Gnomes aren't meant to have a different section, as they will be a sub for dwarves you can definitely use dwarven section in the same way you might suggest a troll unit under orc's section or a ent under elf section 😉
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Subraces - Dwarves”