The Phantom Update

Dagravian

Re: The Phantom Update

Post by Dagravian »

Alexander82 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:19 pm Too bad I wasn't going to put that unit in xD

We can use that image as a skin for the swordsman
I tried :/

Btw savra, could you give some depth to the blade? It looks flat right in front of it... it could wear them on the side in one hand... Something like skirmisher but lower angled, with the arm on another position.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alexander82 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:19 pm Too bad I wasn't going to put that unit in xD

We can use that image as a skin for the swordsman
So we're better off going with the heavy piker then? The one with more survivability that is then the regular one?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

There is no need for another piker.

If you want you might do an halberdier (I don't think he should be bastion-like though, in general big units should have standard bonuses)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Just thought of a new possible tech that might go well with phantoms, it could require the phantom reanimation tech too.

Seeing how phantoms are about survivability over strength in comparison to other elites, would granting them an ability like this:
Researched: Phantom garrison, crypt
Cost:6
Essence harvest:
Rng:1
If phantom dies nearby phantom units in rng 1 get healed for 7, (or just make heal rate same as lembas or cannibalism)
It might help them survive better because I notice they could use a slight bonus to survivability being that the corpses still can be taken out easily by archers or aoe units making them more difficult to keeping around even under max upgrade, is this doable @Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please discuss it with alex i am not in the phantom topic enough to give opinion.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I was generally referring to him on the ability, I just wanted to know from you if this kind of ability is programmable.

Anyways @Alexander82 what are your thoughts on this. Though I have a feeling I generally know what the answer is.(🤔)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it was not even clear what ability - can u write in a few works the required ability itself?
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, the idea was that on research an effect is applied to all phantoms, basically similar sort of to how hamlet falling drops goblins but in this case the unit has to die in order for the effect to take place and it only heals nearby phantoms.

So if a player kills a phantom and theirs a like 2 phantoms near the phantom that died, then both phantoms yet healed for 7 hp, if they have received damage that is, if said same phantom died near 2 skeletons and one phantom, only the phantom would be healed.

Somewhat like an on death healing aura.
Savra

Post by Savra »

In short, on death specified healing. With rng 1.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I don't like much the healing effect. Maybe it could reduce the vanishing of nearby phantom corpses to speedup their resurrection time, instead.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Savra wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:41 pm In short, on death specified healing. With rng 1.
i dont understand from this - sorry :(
death specified? what does that mean?

range? some aura?
Savra

Post by Savra »

I mean, if a player kills a phantom, and there are phantoms right next to that said phantom when it was killed, the phantoms around get healed, but it's only a one time effect and not a continuous one.

Alexander's idea might work too, but I suggested this one because of undeads lack of healers and the fact that phantoms need a little more in there survivability aspect.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Their resurrection is there actually for their lack of healing, that's why I don't really like much the idea of healing.

Favour the other "corpses" resurrection is pointed to make them better at what they are meant to be good (getting back after being defeated).

I made some phantoms cheaper for that reason, cause a player will end up being forced to waste attack on corpses to avoid them to rise again (and thus alive phantoms will be spared from those attacks and will live longer). More cheaper units means more corpses and an ability to make corpses vanish faster might end up giving you some brand new units the following turns, and in my opinion that is better than 7 hp on a living unit that might already be fine.

Healing at base should already be fine through blood fountains while on the field reanimation is your cheese (also you can use blood knights to sacrifice useless units to heal the one you need more).
Savra

Post by Savra »

So their abilities have been updated? (The blood knight that is.) I already knew about the reanimation being there in place of healing but I thought the healing on death might be interesting.

Anyways, the speed up thing might be good.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

btw I think that the one with the sacrifice and heal ability is the curse knight (the blood knight have probably some kind of aura fueled by corpses, I've made them some time ago so I don't remember all effects)

Anyway the heal on sacrifice was definitely working. I suggest you to give it a try.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Just checked, ya it does do that. I remember that ability doing something else before though.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I remember I had some issues at the beginning. Maybe in the first versions it wasn't working well yet.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

btw check the blood knight as well, I think it has a smaller AoE heal that uses up a corpse.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Blood knight has pain and hit, but it doesn't work.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It should. Anyway in next version I'll start redoing the spells so I could start with the one that aren't working
Savra

Post by Savra »

@Alexander82, could you supply me with the phantoms tech icon so I can make the essence harvest tech or do you just want to edit that yourself?

(Btw, what is holding up the phantoms that were created by me and doomsday? Are they to be added later when other things get added or was there an issue with stats, images, or other?)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Do you mean the new phantom units or some restyling I might have missed?

If it is the first case I'm just adding an even amount of stuff in every version so I'll add them after I update all monsters.

About the harvest what is it? The ability to reduce the vanishing of their corpses?

Here are the techs anyway.
Attachments
tech_undead_phantom_reanimate.png
tech_undead_phantom_reanimate.png (961 Bytes) Viewed 2188 times
tech_undead_phantom_corpse_transfrom.png
tech_undead_phantom_corpse_transfrom.png (941 Bytes) Viewed 2188 times
tech_undead_phantom_corpse_die_hard.png
tech_undead_phantom_corpse_die_hard.png (966 Bytes) Viewed 2188 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

About the harvest, yes it will reduce vanishing. We were going with that.

As for units, I see that now. Btw, has the skeleton dragon got it's new upgrades made or no?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I had made these, let me know what you think about them (but we might open a new topic if the discussion takes long xD)
Attachments
comparison.png
comparison.png (9.32 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

Looks good enough to me, but I feel the old wings coloration would make them look better.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I found the old image to appear a bit confused, that's why I tried to make it clearer, but if you want to try making some changes feel free to make a try
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I have twisted your images in my own way.
Attachments
skeletdrakon2.png
skeletdrakon2.png (6.81 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like the new tails. I'm not noticing other changes. Is there anything else?
Savra

Post by Savra »

Could this be continued on the correct topic? Last I checked this wasn't a phantom. :lol:
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

In addition to the tails, the back of the small dragon has been changed.

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”