The Phantom Update

Savra

Re: The Phantom Update

Post by Savra »

Just some things I found, should we make some undead units out of them?

Or do you think they don't match? (Ones literally a phantom, while the other 2 look it.)

I could make them for map editor anyway but I have an idea on one but I wasn't really going for a look similar to centaurs but something else. I'll see how it turns out first.
Last edited by Savra on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

No, they don't fit our sub faction.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Hmm.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Anyway, here's the essence harvest tech.

I also thought of another thing, what are your thoughts on the phantoms gaining the ability (through a tech of course) to repossess another armour at the sacrifice of itself?

Basically, it's transferring from one armour to an empty pile of armour.

It could require both phantom reanimation and phantom self reanimate.
Attachments
Phantom Essence harvest.png
Phantom Essence harvest.png (1.21 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

Maybe it's too bright?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 am Anyway, here's the essence harvest tech.

I also thought of another thing, what are your thoughts on the phantoms gaining the ability (through a tech of course) to repossess another armour at the sacrifice of itself?

Basically, it's transferring from one armour to an empty pile of armour.

It could require both phantom reanimation and phantom self reanimate.
I think the concept for this ability could be fine if all the phantoms had the same cost but otherwise it is obviously a better choice to sacrifice a cheaper unit to get a more costly one.

Also there is a technical issue here (unless @Stratego (dev) knows how to work around it). Currently the reanimation spell works in a certain area and then it doesn't work by choosing a specific target.

I think that the only way to do that would be to use an environmental effect to choose manually the tile to reanimate, but I'm not sure it will work.

Instead we might give to phantom corpses the ability to reanimate by consuming a certain amount of units around them (3/4 units since you could use cheap skeletons to do that). This way we can do that just by using the transform spell mechanic.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Oh, well I was actually referring to the phantom sacrificing itself to possess a dead phantom suit, leaving their old one behind. A transfer between the weakend phantom and the other phantom, the reanimated phantom would have full life.

But if you want to try it that way, why not start with just the sacrifice of 1 unit to start and we could call it phantom channeling? That way we can see just how op the ability might be being that you would probably be waiting 21 turns to get it. (The cost of all 3 techs, phantom reanimation, self reanimation, phantom channeling)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that the chance to sacrifice any unit would make it much more functional than just sacrificing phantoms but undeads have plenty of stuff to sacrifice by that 21th turn, that's why I think that 3 sacrifice to resurrect on the spot a elite is already great.

Maybe we might start with 2 for 4 turns phantoms and 3 for phantoms with higher cost.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Would that be too much coding?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

My last proposal shouldn't require coding.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Moved to sub races.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”