The dreadfleet

Puppeteer12

The dreadfleet

Post by Puppeteer12 »

A naval sub that contains zombie pirates, skeletons, vampires, And deepfolk (humanoids that look like a angler fish) they also have access to gunpowder (which was stolen from the dwarf's). They obviously inspired by the vampire coast from Warhammer.

There are not any stats yet, I'm working on it.

Buildings:

Pirates cove - basically a renamed skull cove but with New units and Locked behind tech

Units:

Zombie deckhand

Skeleton flintlocks

Skeleton handgunners

Skeleton grenadier

Skeleton barrelrollers

Deepfolk swordsman

Deepfolk harpooners

Deepfolk mutant fish riders

Giant crabs

Mutant deckhand

Animated monstrosity

Bloated corpse Walker

Vampire buccaneer

Vampire marksman

Vampire first hand

Vampire captain

Dreadfleet cannons

Haunted galley

Swordfish ship

Invasion ship

Flying Dutchman

Haunted warbringer
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
makazuwr32

Re: The dreadfleet

Post by makazuwr32 »

Flying dutchman will be a thing on its own.

No gunpowder. (we will update ability to "shoot cannon ball" into "ballista shot")

Forget about putting vampires here.
They must and will be sub on their own.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:20 am Flying dutchman will be a thing on its own.

No gunpowder. (we will update ability to "shoot cannon ball" into "ballista shot")

Forget about putting vampires here.
They must and will be sub on their own.
1. I know, I think it would fit good with the sub
2. How about a lot more limited used of gunpowder since I want them to fit the a stereotypical pirate theme (maybe 1-2 units)
3. How about replacing vampires with wights
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Flying dutchman will be part of basic naval fleet in future.

2. No. You can instead use for example hand crossbows and ballistas for that role.

3. Find something else. For example maybe drowned — zombies who live in water, alas unlikd zombies they have some brains.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

Here's the updated list of units with explanations and in game description.

Zombie deckhand - has similar stats to the zombie but can move at normal speeds in the water
In game description: a mindless walking corpse of a recently deceased pirate, doesn't have much used to the dreadfleet except for experimenting on them with a sea creature or as a endless hoard of meatshields.

Skeleton hand crossbow - a cheap and basic range unit.
In game description: a skeleton armed with a simple hand crossbow, only appearing a fleet runs out of normal crossbows

Skeleton crossbowmen - a better version of the hand crossbow with armor piercing arrows.
In game description: crossbows are what makes up most of the dreadfleet range weaponry, it doesn't require that much strength and have armor piercing abilities, perfect for a fleet full of skeletons.

Deepfolk swordsman - a melee unit that can swim and walk on land.
In game description: deepfolk are weaker and smaller than things such humans or even skeletons but they got one advantage, they are excellent swimmers and can walk on land.

Deepfolk harpooners - a anti giant and sea creature range unit.
Description: a deepfolk that is armed with a contraption that shoots out

Deepfolk mutant fish riders - a cav unit that can swim and walk on land
Description: the deepfolk manage to tame a weird species of fish with legs, while they are not as strong or fast as other cavalry they can swim in the water to flank Archers and artillery.

Giant crabs - self explanatory, a tanky unit that can swim.
Description: the first person who manage to tame Giant crabs was a person named Erland, he was a normal pirate until one day his ship landed on a island infested with giant crabs, the sailors made a camp, Erland decided to wander off and explore the island, he heard a shriek, he quickly run to the source of the noise and found a giant crab stuck in some nets, Erland decided to help the crab, the crab walk away and Erland gone back to the camp, the same giant crab arrived with some other giant crabs, the crew was shocked, but Erland knew what was going on, so he thought about asking them to join and help them in battles, so he calm everyone down and attempt to ask the crabs to join them, they accepted. The crew let them on the ship and after a years the friendship between the crew and the crabs became unbreakable, word quickly spread on the news of Erland taming the crabs, he was promoted to captain and became known as Erland the Crab king, when Erland died he became a drowned and joined the dreedfleet with lots of giant crabs.

Mutant deckhand - a fast melee infantry that causes poison.
Description: zombies are mostly useless, so the dreedfleet usually replaces one of their arms with swordfishes or swords made out of shark teeth, they used a special mixture of sea creatures to make them feral.

Animated monstrosity - a strong melee unit that causes fear around it.
Description: when a mutant deckhand isn't enough, the dreedfleet merges zombies with a ton of sea creatures such as squids and crabs, they are strong and makes anybody nearby disgusted.

Bloated corpse Walker - a suicide unit that deals a lot of damage and poisons nearby enemies when it explodes.
Description: a fat zombie bloated with a lot of diseases, when it explode you either die from the initial explosion or from the disease you caught.

Drowned buccaneer - a elite melee infantry for the dreadfleet rooster, can swim in water with no problem
Description: when a sailor or a pirate dies underwater they're body is usually intact, when they are raised from the dead by necromancy, they are a lot more stronger and intelligent than zombies and skeletons, being able to do things such as sailing, able to complete task such as repairing, or even commanding and strategizing.

Drowned marksman - a elite range infantry for the dread fleet roster, has ability to aim to increased damage, range and ignores armor.
Description: unlike the skeleton crossbowmen, a drowned marksman can aim they're Crossbow carefully and be able to attack weak points.

Drowned first hand - a melee and range hybrid, has full counter.
Description: the first hand is the captains most skilled and loyal drowned on his ship, they can easily outmatched anyone in a melee or range dual.

Drowned captain - a buff aura unit with some magic capabilities.
Description: captains of a dreadfleet ship, they are usually the most intelligent drowned on the ship, they can strategize on what position which ship should be and can even command on land, most drowned captains even have the ability to do magic.

Dreadfleet ballista - very similar stats to the human ballista.
Description: a siege machine model after the ballista by the humans, they can shoot any important targets from a far.

Haunted galley - a range ship that is Similar but stronger version of galley ( since it can't tier up unlike the normal galley)
Description: when a crew of a ship is killed and the ship is mostly intact the dreedfleet cursed the ship to be forever there's.

Swordfish ship - a melee ship that deals incredible damage and has a charge ability.
Description: a ship with a large metal lance shaped like a sword fish In front of it, it can deal massive damage to any ship if it manage to ram into theme.

Invasion ship - a transport ship that can summon zombie deckhand or skeleton pirates, has a ability to invade ship ( also can't decide what it does) and sack port ( can't decide what does)
Description: a ship that usually doesn't have any weapons attached to it to make room for the countless skeleton and zombies it holds, can invade and sack any nearby ship or port

Haunted warbringer - a ship that acts like a moving factory similar to the Warfell warbringer.
Description: similar to the haunted galley, a warbringer that belongs to Warfell is under a curse to be one of the dreedfleet ships, due to its ability to train troops when sailing it's incredibly useful to the dreadfleet

Here's some units that I either just made or just forgot to put them in the original post

Sirens - a water caster that can sing songs to convert or debuff enemies.
Description: sirens are a evil spirit that attracts sailors to them and drowned them, due to this they have a good relationship with the dreadfleet.

Ancient sea guard - a heavily armored unit, can switched between sword, pole arm and bow mode.
Description: ancient guardians of a fallen underwater nation, they were found by a dreadfleet captain named Neva 'The Cold' Myerscough, when she was swimming down deep far from her ship with some other drowned to find a treasure mentioned in a map until she found a large underwater city, she went in and found a large group of heavily armored soldiers with seemed to be ancient weaponry and armored far advanced to even the drawfs, the soldiers talked about how the nation they were guarding has fallen and had no purpose in life anymore, one of the soldier suggested maybe they could join Neva's crew and join the dreadfleet armies, Neva accepted the offer due to having nothing to lose.

Corpse vessel - a ship filled with corpses, drops zombie deckhands when damage similar to Hamletback and can launch bloated corpse's

Necroship - a ship that can cast spells, it can transform into a giant walking ship that looks similar to the necrofex from Warhammer ( if you don't like the transform ability, it can just be a ship that can cast spells)
Last edited by Puppeteer12 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

The list and description looks a lot longer than I expected
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

My review of this unit list:

Alive Giant crabs i think will not fit for undeads. Also they are not pirates of the carribean sea.

Animated monstrosity — already planned for the veil. Will be very gruesome unit.

Bloated corpse walker — already planned (alas with slightly different name) for the veil as one of their experiments with almost similar function.

Drowned marksman — no armor ignore. We do not have any such units and will not implement any in future. Not with normal/ability-based attacks at least. Magic is fine but it is restricted to pure casters or to warmage-like units with higher cost.

Drowned first hand — no full counter. Can have instead some dodges (small - 10% melee and ranged maybe).

Dreadfleet captain — no buff auras for undeads. This unit instead might have debuff aura. No magic but can have hand crossbow to shoot for free once in a while.

Haunted galley — might be fine since it is for sub. Alas do not forget that we will put in firstly expansion for base naval fleet of undeads.

Invasion ship: i'd say it just will allow to carry foot non-giant units from this sub. No summon or other abilities for now at least. We might return to this later though.

Haunted warbringer — just no. We will not allow any movable factory apart from ent trainer. This unit might have an ability to summon once in a while a unit though.
Requires rethinking concept from your side.

Side note: if warfell warbringer still can train units than it is a bug that must be eradicated.

Sirens are confirmed to be part of elves so forget about them for undeads.

Ancient sea guard — 3 weapons is too much. Keep 2 at most.

I do not approve idea of necroship.
Alas i must admit that some planned ships of undeads for the base will allow for units to act from inside as in tower so you can add necromancer into it.

Some of ideas for ships at least we might use for base race though.

Current planned units (i must remind that up until actual implementation concept can be changed and multiple times):

Ghost vessel — galley-based ship with tiers, also can summon zombie sharks once in a while for free

Zombie shark — summonable unit with vanishing, will have multiple summon sources

Ghost ship — transport unit with expandable capacity

Flying dutchman — flying offencive unit that can carry some units of undeads
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

Giant crab - How about a rename to rotting crustacean and make it undead

Drowned marksman - maybe just a simple armor Pierce

Drowned captain - a debuff aura, and instead of a buff aura how about a ability to temporarily buff drowneds around it.

Invasion ship - I find a normal transport for a sub is weird, it feels like something for the base roster not a sub.

Haunted warbringer - renamed to dreadship, instead of being a factory how about the ability to summon a pirate spirit ( a weaker version of a drowned buccaneer)

Sirens - a rename to sea wraiths or sea witches, maybe get rid of conversion

Ancient sea guard - will have only pole arm and sword weapons

Necroship - I'm planning that it will have a lot of abilities separate from necromancer, only having reanimate as a common ability between the two.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Necroship — still no. It is ship, not a unit to have lots of abilities. And it is not a dwarven ship.

Temporary buff drowned around captain is fine if it will be in similar manner to dwarven captain.

Invasion ship might be cheap one instead alas and have good speed.

Haunted warbringer/dreadship — summon ability is fine.

I think it is not needed for sea witches/sea wraiths at all. Also indeed no convert.

Rotting crustacean is fine. Only concern was about it being alive.

Drowned marksman might have some uniqueness via for example 2 actions.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

I'm fine with all of these changes.

is the current planned roster good enough yet, if so then I will make the stats.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I must remind that we will implement additional naval units for undeads firstly so any stats you will make now are bound to be revisioned after implementation of additional naval units for undeads.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

I completely forgot about tech for this sub, I guess I should work on it now.
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

Here's the tech for the dreadfleet

Rum storage
Cost 3 turns
Gives drowned ability to drink rum, which heals them, if you don't like that idea then it could be they gain some armor in exchange of -1 speed.

Better ammunition
Cost 4
Gives dreadfleet range units +3 damage

Better ammunition 2
Cost 5
Gives dreadfleet range units +3 damage

Dreadship Lookouts
Cost 4
Dreadships gain +1 sight and can now see stealth units

Stronger hull
Cost 4
Give dreadfleet ship's +1 armor and Pierce armor

Stronger hull 2
Cost 5
Give dreadfleet ship's +1 armor and pierce armor

Hungry deepfolk
Cost 3
Gives deepfolk +1 speed in land and water

Staving deepfolk
Cost 6
Gives deepfolk 15% lifesteal

Barnicles supply
Cost 3
Deepfolk gain a ability to apply barnacles to ships, giving them -1 speed.

Greater pirate spirit
Cost 5
Makes dreadships able to summon a greater pirate spirit
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No can see invisible for whole fleet.

Stronger hull can give +2 armor and p.armor per each tier.

Rum storage i think does not fit for undeads.

As for lifesteal — we can't give % based life steal. As for current lifesteal that heals 1 hp per 1 damage dealt by unit — it is out of option to give it as passive ability.
No passive lifelink in any variant.

Barniches supply — might be fine even in stackable variant. It will not affect alive units anyway.

Greater pirate ship — no. Ship summoning another ship for free is a no.
I thought you will give a summon once in a while of deepfolk or drowned units.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

About the first thing, It meant to effect dreadship only not the whole fleet

The last part, I'm a bit confused on what you're saying, I didn't say anything about a ship summoning another ship
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Still no can see invisible.

As for that:
Puppeteer12 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:42 am The last part, I'm a bit confused on what you're saying, I didn't say anything about a ship summoning another ship
I meant this:
Puppeteer12 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:21 pm Greater pirate spirit
Cost 5
Makes dreadships able to summon a greater pirate spirit
makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:21 am Greater pirate ship — no. Ship summoning another ship for free is a no.
I thought you will give a summon once in a while of deepfolk or drowned units.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”