Spiders

MrLich

Spiders

Post by MrLich »

A sub compromised fully of spiders, be it spiderlings, ranged spiders, queens, maybe even half spider half woman(forgot how they called)all trained in spider lair, with a set of technologies on top of that. Unit:spiderling. Hp:40. Dmg:15.(poisonous with tech). Spd:4. Sight:4. Cooldown :1. Armor:0/0. Unit:acidspitter. Hp:76. Spd:4. Range:6(8 with upgrades). Dmg:24(poison).has small aoe poison ability cooldown 3. Unit:webspinner. Hp. 64. SPD:4. Cooldown:3 Dmg:9. Abilities:entangle(works just as slow, with base range of 5, cooldown of 1) lay web(a ranged skill that puts invisible web traps that slow, or alternatively take enemy units turn, base range of 5,cooldown 3) unit:spider queen. Hp 299. Armor:8/16. Spd:3. Dmg:54.(possible poison). Sight:8. Cooldown:10 has spider enhancing aura Abilities:cocoon(turns adjacent alive enemy into a coccon with half the hp of the unit and no armor, once destroyed, unit comes back and can act freely, excluding the turn it breaks free, cooldown:4. Hatch spiderling(spawns a spiderling on adjacent tile (cooldown1, alternatively spawns spider eggs that turn into spiderlings, or random spider with delay) eat spider(eats adjacent smaller spiders to restore a portion of hp, cooldown 1)
Anchar

Re: Spiders

Post by Anchar »

As far as I remember, they already seemed to be offered somewhere, half-humans, half-spiders, for sure, because it is in neutral races, I also remember that we could not decide to whom to transfer this sub-race, since it may be suitable not only for undead but also for elves.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well arachna is indeed planned for undeads and some spiders but not as separate sub. They will be part of other sub of undeads — The Veil.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Was there a bone spider idea?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes there was. Probably also will be part of the veil.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Also small question, will butcher and his rotten flesh be deleted, or reworked, seems hes on another level in terms of how useless a ud unit can be?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

You mean blood knight?
If yes than he was never implemented as he was planned in the first place.
So yes he will be reworked along with all other apocalyptic knights.

As for butcher — probably we will just lower its cost and increase stats compared to normal zombie.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I mean his mechanic makes it trash, most targets who benefit from it die from Focus fire, 1range makes it even more worth less, especially since Blood fountain exist, and ofc since the undead units also need to waste a turn to get the heal, i would say, even a 1 turn cooldown wont make butcher useful, its just that bad
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Hm... We can't give different types of meat though since cannibalize ability still gives just a fixed % amount of hp.
I will think about butcher and how can we improve that.

Probably that will come in combination of cannibalize improvement.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I think for starters butcher needs to throw said meat instead of delivering it to frontlines and dying, or waiting on back for units that could be fighting already
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Also propably meat needs affect more units, and propably shouldt waste the units who eats it turn, unless its powerful heal enough, so either increase the healing, or turn cannibalize into a free action, by default or with tech
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not possible to change ability into action-free one (or in general change cost of ability in sacrifices and actions) so we will try to change the work of cannibalize.

As for meat throwing — probably no. First — meat won't be usable when it lands after throw; second -— butcher has no ways to throw it (it is zombie anyway so it can't use any tools to throw).

As for meat — how can it affect more units when it is consumed in process of cannibalize. Any forms of transformation will not work here since for abilities with any sacrifices as extra cost completely destroy sacrifice in process.

"shouldn't waste unit's action who eats" — that is part to rebalance of cannibalize. Will think about this later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

If it cant be a free action, then it propably should do more than just a small heal, no range is biggest weakness of the unit, it basically makes it worthless as support, since it cant stand behind frontline and heal, i think a long lasting heal over time might fix this, as units will get healed even if they get hurt then, some what offsetting lack of range and wasting 2 action over usual 1 to heal
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Maybe you should upgrade the ranged armor for the wagons? And can they restore the possibility of their construction?

In general, I initially had the idea that instead of a wagon, there would be a fat mutant that would have powerful regeneration and many lives that would allow him to survive for a long time on the front line, it is sad that the wagon is useless.
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

So basically ents warriors before nerf, but for ud,this could work, or alternatively a way to move around greater distance, like throwing skeles into a unoccupied tile, and they get damaged, but survive if they got full hp, but barely, and they get to attack, or Maybe even move and attack
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Also, I have not played the updated undead yet, but as far as I understand, the bone trebuchet shoots corpses? If so, then it would be possible to give him the opportunity to shoot meat from the wagon.
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Catapults fires alive zombies and skeles, you cant reanimate meat, hence it can ot be shotted, also both butcher and catapult are a f tier trash units nobody uses, like catapult wasnt even used back when one of its abilities could one shot a kingdom under the mountains,and it got nerfed somehow, ud are a weird race, weakest, but still get biggest nerfs somehow, like flesh golem, locking knights behind a tech, and turning trash catapult into super trash catapult
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Updated ud are worser than scale folk, and somehow less complete, i would advise focusing On other races that get buffs, primarily dwarfs and elves, or humans, even if its not as big as in case of dwarfs or elfs
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Right. You reminded me one thing.
Bone golem by default must have carry capacity.

Also who cares about enemy powerhouses (even about like an army of 200-300 ettins) when you can literally make unit immune to any possible damage (self damage also included) ?

Will be a thing in future for death knight of apocalyptic knights sub.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I See, so undead will have living dead barriers, similar to humans, but harder to set further, seems like strong defence with spirit tower though, you literally denying aceess over and over again

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”