Hidden subs — corrupted races

makazuwr32

Hidden subs — corrupted races

Post by makazuwr32 »

These subs will not be available at base or via embassy.
Instead later if you will possess a worker of humans/orcs/elves/dwarves/scalefolks you would be able to get possessed humans/orcs/elves/dwarves/scalefolks and some basic buildings of them as well as their techs.

No megas, leader units, mini subs or full subs will be available for these hidden subs.
These races' casters also will be twisted a bit.
Not all casters will be available though — only 1-2 casters and not all base units as well.

Ofc factories of these subs will still require some free factory counter.

Available factories per race:
Humans — barracks, archery range, stable, blacksmith and EITHER mage hut OR church (not both);
Orcs — orc hut, goblin tent, orc pit, shaman hut;
Elves — archery range, training grounds, blacksmith, temple of nature;
Dwarves — barracks, shooting stand, corral, blacksmith, rune mansion;
Scalefolks — kobold hut, lizardmen den, blacksmith, dragons den (dragons will not be available).

Special subracial names for possessed races:
Humans: Renegades
Orcs: Black orcs, Gremlins
Elves: Drow
Dwarves: Duergar
Scaledfolks: Troglyn, Kobak, Mandrake
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Hidden subs — corrupted races: FAQ

Post by makazuwr32 »

FAQ:

Q: How can i obtain these subs?
A: Possess a worker of original race and with him you can build that sub buildings.

Q: Since units of original race are available in tc will units of sub also be available in tc as well?
A: No, they will not. You would be able to get them only via factories.

Q: So this way i can make fights like for example orc vs orc+undead and elf vs human+undead, right?
A: Yes and no. You can't obtain subrace that is not used in the match or wiped out from the map already (if you were not fast enough). So orc vs orc+undead in duel setting is possible, but elf vs human+undead in duel setting is impossible.

Q: So i can via these subs get for undeads uruks, glade wardens, imperials and defenders, right?
A: No. Only set amount of basic units of corresponding races will be available.

Q: How can i obtain more racial workers? I do not want to loose my only possessed worker.
A: Build blacksmith for humans/elves/dwarves; build goblin hut for orcs and kobold hut for scalefolks. You can train in those buildings more workers.

Q: Will these subs be able to level up like their corresponding basic races?
A: YES! That is one of main advantages to capture workers. Elves will get their dodges, orcs will get tiers, humans will get blacksmith and tiers, dwarves will get blacksmith, runes and tiers, scalefolks will get bonus heath and other techs.

Q: In ffa for 6 players with all races i obtained all workers and have in possession all these subs. Does this mean that i can get master armored orc with improved armor and attack via all upgrades from human, elven and dwarven blacksmithes? I want to make an ultimate tanking unit!
A: Nope. Not happening. That is what we will rework — racial blacksmith techs will affect in future only corresponding race and will not affect other races at all.

Q: When they will be in?! I can't wait!
A: After magic update since prior to them we need to rework spell system, add possession spell and get out from wip status dwarves and scalefolks.
Also this does not mean that they will be worked right after magic update — no estimated data yet.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Hidden subs — corrupted races: Units' list (Planned)

Post by makazuwr32 »

I must admit this is accepted idea but it will not be worked any time soon. Not until magic update since it will require possession spell balanced for banshee.

Probably may be worked only in next year.
If we will finish all planned stuff prior to that point.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Hidden subs — corrupted races

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I have questions of my own:

1. What is possesion? Will it be an ability like conversion? Will it only work on builders and nothing else, or can I possess enemy units from the other side?

2. Why would I want to build technologies or factories from loan races? Wouldn't it just be more effective to concentrate on the technologies and units of my starting race?
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Re: Hidden subs — corrupted races

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. It will be conversion with sacrifice of caster. Yes you would be able to possess not only workers. Alas some units (plants, animals, mounted, elementals, mechanical for example) will be immune.

2. For regular units maybe you will not want to. But i think that better archers, more tanky melee or unique to these possessed races casters will be good addition to your army. Yes each of these races will have twisted by darkness few casters which may come in handy for undeads.
Another point is that on small maps when you have not enough tcs it may be more efficient to get for example orc and train your own shaman with drake summoning or just that melee of orcs because they are more tanky.
These units also are alive and thus when they die you can raise them as skeletons.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”