Human Subrace: Ice States

Alpha

Human Subrace: Ice States

Post by Alpha »

This is a idea I got after playing some Warhammer III, and for those that don't know its Kislev. Kislev essentially in Warhammer 3 was the northern most human kingdom that is based on the order faction. These guys are extremely useful for their forgiving playstyle as virtually ALL their units are extremely reliable and also interchangable, as many melee units had a range attack, which also goes for range units, such one example were streltsi, which utilized a Musket but also carried halberds.

Thoughts ona concept like this?
Epic Gamer Moment!
Puppeteer12

Re: Human Subrace: Ice States

Post by Puppeteer12 »

Mak is pretty strict when it comes with muskets or gunpowder of any kind
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

I also think humans need a non human sub faction, maybe sentient ice people who are usually friendly towards human
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No gunpowder but they might have second weapon or ability with ranged attack, why not? It might be bow, crossbow, hand crossbow, darts or something throwable (javelins/axes/sling/bolas/knives/skulls/taro cards/molotov cocktails and many more).

Fine for me.

Alas i must admit that being such all round fighters means that either they will be weaker than basic units for same cost or more costly for comparable stats.
Puppeteer12 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:55 am I also think humans need a non human sub faction, maybe sentient ice people who are usually friendly towards human
Here we will follow Alexander82's line — humans will be most pure faction, with only exception being hobbits who will become part of them. No inhuman humanoids for humans.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:23 am
Here we will follow Alexander82's line — humans will be most pure faction, with only exception being hobbits who will become part of them. No inhuman humanoids for humans.
How about a mix of normal humans and ice people.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Puppeteer12 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:37 am How about a mix of normal humans and ice people.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:23 am Here we will follow Alexander82's line — humans will be most pure faction, with only exception being hobbits who will become part of them. No inhuman humanoids for humans.
Additionally:
There are lots and lots and lots of variants how to expand humans without addition of other inhuman subrace.

Right now we have next approved and planned subs for them:
Adventurer's guild (hobbits probably will be part of this, no other inhuman humanoids)
Nomadic sub with various variants of cavalry and mounting similar to elves
Desert sub
Naval sub
Holy sub — Argents (inquisitor will be here)
Elementalists

And one planned universal for all 6 races sub:
Mercenary guild — you will need to pay to them in order to keep on the battlefield

This idea from alpha i'd say sounds good to be included in this list.

Ideas:
Something related to air — expansion of human air fleet
Some exceptional mechanics with improved arsenal of mechanical units (for them i might allow some gunpowder usage but not in form of cannons and guns, maybe in form of bombs and explosive ammunition) — no golems here though; but Leonardo's tank might be a thing (battering ram with ballista inside)
Something related to forests
Something related to mountains
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:08 am Nomadic sub with various variants of cavalry and mounting similar to elves
Are you talking about the westwind idea I made on discord a while back, if so they are not nomadic, they are more inspired by bretonnia from Warhammer but a bit more advanced

What is the naval sub theme exactly, will they be pirates or a under water civilization or something else.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Puppeteer12 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:28 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:08 am Nomadic sub with various variants of cavalry and mounting similar to elves
Are you talking about the westwind idea I made on discord a while back, if so they are not nomadic, they are more inspired by bretonnia from Warhammer but a bit more advanced

What is the naval sub theme exactly, will they be pirates or a under water civilization or something else.
What i mean is that they are heaviliy oriented onto mounts which in my opinion main part of nomads.
If you do not like naming "nomadic sub" than we can call 'em "cavalry sub".

Naval sub:
No underwater civilization for humans, they are not that advanced. Only undeads as beings who do not need to breath or some scalefolk sub may get actual underwater sub.
This sub of humans will be based around ships and foot units who will get bonus when they are on water tiles (being on ships). Pirates also might be presented here but not sure about their role since no pillaging corpses similar to goblins that will be available for large variety of units will be allowed in future (that ability will be removed from all goblins and instead will be given to specific new unit later).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Although I personally think humans should have firearms, it could be interesting to have a form of crossbow, either that or just have them interchangable. On the concept of them being so versatile they could be either weak on both ends, or relatively decent at both, and by that end make them more expensive.

Personally I think they would be on the more expensive end, I think they would be viable as a elite infantry unit or something of the sorts.

Melee infantry would probably a sort of axe infantry (Vikings etc) that do bonus damage against infantry and perhaps hand crossbows for a short range attack. They can also have great weapons as well that are more expensive such as a double handed axe or spear.

Ranged units will probably have a longer range crossbow that does the standard anti infantry bonus but with a spear/halberd that can do anti cavalry, could be useful when they get close.

Mounted units would be having a similar permise, I think a interesting mounted unit would be a polar bear like from warhammer 3. The idea of having a monstrous mount intrigues me.

If these guys were to have war machines, I would think polar bear pulled sleds with mounted ballistas perhaps, or even cannons or miniature catapults/onagers.
Epic Gamer Moment!

Return to “Subraces - Humans”