Impossible to win map: Prince of Demacia/More Mountains

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
N0th1ng

Impossible to win map: Prince of Demacia/More Mountains

Post by N0th1ng »

You don't have many troops, and most of them are regular troops (the elven spearman are poop), there are a lot of orcish camps and they are dispersed so even if you manage to clear one area there are two lefts. Lastly, they produce a lot of riders, shamans, and troops in general that just kill me so easily
하이~
Midonik

Re: Impossible to win map: Prince of Demacia/More Mountains

Post by Midonik »

You can actually make it for 2 starts I believe. If you do it perfectly. Maybe even for 3. @DoomsdayDragonfire tested that.

It's hard as heck tho ;)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

What do you mean with 2 starts? 3 starts?

I wanted to post this there, too. I tried a few different strategies, all of them failed.

1: Just playing intuitively, fail completely
2: trying to attack North and South at the same time, fail
3: trying to first clear the North, while defending a bit in the south, I cleared the north but then got stuck
4. Doing the similar with the same outcome.

The main issue is that the enemy will very soon produce the orc elite upgrade. Upon then, its very very difficult to advance and break the enemy onslaught. I'm not sure if it is intended to be that hard, but if it is possible to hard-wire the AI so it doesn't go for that upgrade, I think it will still be a challenge, but a more doable one that isn't impossible.

what where your winning strategies?
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I meant stars, a bit of a typo ;) .

Winning strat: I haven't actually got the full stars (DDD said he did, pretty sure @DreJaDe did as well) but the winning strat is go to full north (no defense... you don't have a base, so there is no need to), destoy the first camps as soon as possible (btw once you get there AI tends to finish the cav, so have your spears there), then go west onto the next camp, destroy it, then go to the camps in the south (btw, if you go all the way down with your wizard at the very beginning, you can destroy some south camps - do that). Basically you shouldn't focus on killing enemies, but on destroying the camps so they can't make more units (of course, kill if you can). You also need to pay attention to your units so that you don't get wiped out. So you need to balance out the speed of destroying enemy camps and survival of your units. That is where the difficulty of the map lies.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

you can only destroy one South camp, the other one is one tile too far away. if the wizards range was changed, that's of vor course bad in this case.

I had the feeling, that sometimes defending is necessary in order not to get flanked and cought from behind. (cav killing you archers is not so nice l

your spearmen are one hit killed by the enemy cav, so they are not really of great help. The question is also if, using magic missile or ent is better on the camps
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

I now won quite handily with this strategy with 2 stars. my wizard got killed by an armoured orc in the North East while going for the South, so it took a bit longer, but I still made it.
what helped though, was that the Ai was producing mostly shamans once I destroyed the North West camp. They are of course on their own just cannon fodder for your squad. AI got his elite upgrade in the very end, I only had to deal with two elite units in the end.

so I did - destroy one South base with wizard, North East, North West, south east, and then last south western base.
Maybe going for south west first is better, I don't know.
Double striking the ent also proved helpful in taking buildings while keeping enemy troops at bay.
I sacrificed my two spearmen two advance in critical moments. by using double strike and the heal from the Prince and the wizards, you can even use them several times

I now think that with perfect play, 20 turns are definitely possible. But if the Ai produces armed orcs instead of all the shamans, 20 turns will be hard.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I think I remember what to do this. This is actually pretty simple.

Just attack the closest you could get.
I prefer north because it's the closest to most barracks.

Pretty much just destroy the barracks and make the wizard defend. What I mean by defend is for her to slowly go to other side of the map. She will be left out anyway since she's so slow so she better off move to other road.

I use the speaman for pretty much blocking the barracks.
If units are inside, they can't hit and if there are two inside, only one will survive.

For you, I'm sure just replying this map will make you more efficient at playing it this gaining 3 stars.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”