very easy maps: Histories / Honor / Betrayal

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

very easy maps: Histories / Honor / Betrayal

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
Honor

Betrayal

I know that I usually comment on maps that are impossible to complete or have complications that make it unnecessarily difficult.
But I am going to comment on the opposite.

I see some flaws in this history of maps that make it too easy. And it may be that this map is for novice players. But this is a level that means that you can only lose if you want to and play without conscience.

On this map we find a great fortress, with a huge army of soldiers among which are N1 magicians and poisonous archers. When you move your protagonist, your entire army will betray you except for two heroes. I say this map is very easy because with healings from the heroes themselves that heal a third of their life, its great damage that causes you to kill all units with one hit and the spearmen when they hit you and their enormous life that makes you tougher than a game tank. And of the entire map only the few wizards can do you some damage because poison archers for some reason do not poison our characters.

With those three men I can perfectly kill the entire kingdom without losing a single man. Making the objective that you must escape from there because you have been betrayed and make a very tight escape with tension loses all sense and becomes a walk in the garden with a lot of suicidal fans.
Not to say that with a little patience, since the entire enemy army is initially yours, you can eliminate each soldier, making sure that in the first turn they are all dead. And you complete it in 5 turns due to the delay in reaching the end.

The solution is very easy on my opinion, first is to make the enemy stronger, change the poisonous archers to normal so that they do something. And make that at the beginning all the enemies are not yours and belong to the third player who would be an ally.
Midonik

Re: very easy maps: Histories / Honor / Betrayal

Post by Midonik »

You ain't wrong, I even pointed out this:
"Not to say that with a little patience, since the entire enemy army is initially yours, you can eliminate each soldier, making sure that in the first turn they are all dead. And you complete it in 5 turns due to the delay in reaching the end."
to the creator at the time, but I doubt anyone is going to bother changing it.

In this whole campaign their is a lot of wierd disable triggers that allow you to kill enemies that don't even fight back etc., while we're at it.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

If it is true that when eliminating all the units initially nobody does it, knowing that with those three units of the second round you are almost the god of war. But in this world, there are many types of players and some with almost inhuman patience.
An example is the campers masters.

And I think prevention is better than cure.

On the second point I will also comment on that. And how can it be solved.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Oh yes those maps, I took advantage of those situations by simply not moving the hero and just massacring the enemy with my other troops. :lol:

Fun times...

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”