Impossible to win map: Histories /Skimrish

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

Impossible to win map: Histories /Skimrish

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
Conspiracy

Skimrish
I start telling you this map is possible, and the title is this because they said me, I must put all my maps with this base.
I thot I need to put this map in the section because the key to victory is the Bladesinger. And if this unit you can’t win with two stars or more, but that doesn’t mean you will be died.

Now I will explain why. Your army it is compound of four Dryad, four Elven Swordsman, five Quick archers, three Elven Druid, some buildings and Bladesinger.
The army enemy it’s compound of fifteen arcish warriors, four orc javelineer, two orchish leader, one roll headhunter and two elite troll sluggers.
Ok now with out Bladesinger you could kill all the enemy army without too many complications.
And where is the problem? Easy, the elite troll sluggers this unit the all arrows only do one of damage, the wolfs of the Elven Druid do the same of damage as the arrows and died if the attack to the troll, so the wolf I use as distraction of the trolls, the poison do three of damage of turn but isn’t cumulative, and the swordsman takes 3 of life to the troll but as the wolf he died.
if we assume that everyone is alive in our army except Bladesinger (think is impossible) and we use the wolf as distraction the total of damage is 29 in the first attack in the second will be 17 because all the swordsman will died. But that isn’t the problem. The troll all the turns It cures 5 of Hp. And that in this map is so much. Because in the case wen the only enemies are the troll you could only do ass 7. (repeat using the wolfs as distraction).
So, you with in total 2 of damage (7-5) you need to kill two elite troll sluggers with 98Hp. But if we put the Bladesinger using the magicall arrow we do 22 of damage.
that this is more sustainable.

My solutions
Are change the Bladesinger to elven wizard, level down troll or cause them to lose 5 life each turn to counter what they gain in life per turn.
Midonik

Re: Impossible to win map: Histories /Skimrish

Post by Midonik »

I don't really get what nonsense are you spitting in the post above, however I have just completed the map in 16 turns, which is almost half of the time limit for 3 stars. The map is absolutely possible and even too easy. There is absolutely no need for any changes here. It works exactly as I intended it to.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

What's the problem with Bladesinger being the key to victory lol?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Look, you don't need to insult. I post these messages to see other people's opinion. And of course, it can be done in 16 shifts. But like you said it can only be done with Bladesinger.

And for me it is not very balanced that a map depends on a unit exclusively if its history does not say so. At least it is done that if he dies you lose the game, because in a way it happens.

And not to mention that if you always make a unit the key to victory or defeat extremely, that takes a lot of strategy out of the map.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Guys, no need to argue. I think that, as long as players can reach the maximum prize, the map is fine. Anyway any feedback on those maps is welcome.
Age of Fantasy design leader
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

I have sincerely said it with good intentions, and I try to give my opinion on the subject and that others contrast it, but without the need to insult.

And Midonik I like that you have a different opinion than mine and I prefer that you tell me so I can reach a middle ground. But as and I have said before the title of impossible maps I put it because they have told me to always put it like that and that does not mean that it is always that it is, only that it has some bugs that do not make sense or that complicates it in an unnecessary way and that most likely it is accidental.

And when I am not sure that I am, through the forum, I ask you to see if it is, seeing your opinions. An example is Conspiracy.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I'm not insulting you in any way.
Might have gotten a bit annoyed, mainly because I hate having to fix my maps.
Regarding the title - I think if you are not actually pointing out an impossible map you can set a different title. Like "Map feedback" maybe? We would avoid misunderstandings. It is tilting when someone seems to tell you that you work is broken and it isn't.

Regarding you argument about the crucial units that could as well be set as object in cond:obj destroyed condition - why is it bad to let the player figure that out? This is a strategy game, after all. Hand holding like that seems not at all necessary.
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

OK

Well, sorry if you think so. And I tell you this very well, but you have to admit that if that unit dies that a troll means to me, you do 2 damage per turn, it is a very long and frustrating game.

How do you think this map should be changed so that this situation does not happen?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

If someone is stupid enough to let Bladesinger die it's their fault and they should have enough brain power to figure out they should restart.

I'm not changing an working map, sir.
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Wow

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”