Impossible to win map: Histories / Final battle

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

Impossible to win map: Histories / Final battle

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
Dwarfs-Orcs Conflinct

Final battle

In this battle we will meet 8 Dwarven Musketer 1, 3 Dwarven Musketer 2, 8 crossbowmen of different types, 5 Dwarven Priest 2, 11 Dwarven Double Axenman 1, 12 Dwarven Halberdier 1, 6 Dwarven Warrior 1, 5 Dwarven Shielder 2, 6 Boar Lancer, 3 Dwarven Boar lancer 1, 3 Heavy Boar Rider, 5 Boar Rider and 1 Master Boar Rider.

So, our army is made up of 19 ranged attack units, 10 support, 18 cavalry and 29 soldiers as the bulk to maintain our army.
The first problem is the combat between cavalry, which we can endure for a while, but it cannot be won because they are more with better quality, your Boar Lancer cannot kill the Raptor Rider in one hit which makes you have to spend two turns or the support of another unit. But don't worry, the Raptor Rider will kill you with one blow. Not to mention the Harnessed Raptor Rider and Wolf Rider Master who can easily kill 10 units of your army.
When you pass the first turn you will find one of the strongest units in the game, the Troll Shaman, which is so powerful because it has the Magical arrow ability that usually deals 10 damage units, but it can do up to 70 damage to structures. damage, but that's not why I consider him so powerful. It's that plus the Regeneration ability, which heals you for 100%.

One of the big problems is the Orcish Warriors, Elite Orcish Warriors, Armored Orcish Warriors, and a couple of Elite Armored Warriors. That these units are practically (especially the last two) invulnerable to arrows. Not to mention that they will have the bonus of +1 Strength Aura or +3 Strength Aura that does not make them more resistant to arrows, but they do have more strength. So, in the first turn and knowing that 25% of your army will be almost useless. That in a matter of 5 turns you will lose at least 23% of the army and that everything depends on your 29 soldiers who are 38% of the army will have to make the difference between victory and defeat.

But it's not always bad because there are maps so you can win. You could say, but it is a big problem because almost all of their infantry are swords and 40% of your infantry are lacers who cannot kill their cavalry with one blow. And in one to one melee almost always lose your soldiers. The only ones that are worth it and that can extend the duration of the game are the 11 Dwarven Double Axenman 1. I always recommend treating those because it is almost everything you have.

Although the biggest problem of all is the Orcish leader, the two Orcish Overlords and the Hamletbacks. Our infantry can hardly harm him, our archers do almost nothing to the units, and the cavalry by then will be dead. Making them with the Troll Shaman can kill our entire army.
And then as icing on the cake the rest of the army units.

The dwarves are units that stand out for their battleship and constructors. There are no heavily armored units on this map, and we have no builders. Making our army mediocre.

In previous versions the 8 Dwarven Musketer 1 did much more damage to the infantry. And we had two builders with whom you could build towers all over the map and they would attack and heal those who were inside. And that made the difference to victory.
Midonik

Re: Impossible to win map: Histories / Final battle

Post by Midonik »

It is only impossible because the orc king was turned into an map editor boss kinda unit. I disscused this with @Alexander82 and it should be fixed somewhat soon I think?
I tested it before the change and as much as you were left with just the ranged units it was possible in the turn limit.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

As I said, it is true that the worst is the orc king with the healers. And that in previous versions will make possible with three stars. But I have tried it in several different ways. Pulling back the cavalry and putting the spearmen in the front line, making maniples, making dwarf phalanxes ...

But the one that endured the most was losing the cavalry by throwing the army 3 squares ahead, putting the spearmen in the first row then those of double ax and the warriors behind the healers and finally those away, when my spearmen begin to die the facts backwards and I divide them into two groups. But that usually ends up with the orc king, the archers and a few swordsmen.
Last edited by xXalexc925Xx on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Bruh
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

???????
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well the message was in a langues I couldn't understand until you changed it now. Don't play a fool :roll: .
As I said, it should be fine when the orc king is changed to orc overlord.
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Well, it is quite probable
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ok I sent an actual fix for this (switched the king to overlord and increased the turns). I will also upload the solution for fixed version to YouTube.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”