Impossible to win map: Histories /Isengard ANSWERED

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

Impossible to win map: Histories /Isengard ANSWERED

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
Lord Of The Rings

Isengard

Isengard the problem with this map does not destroy the map now, but it does "complicate" it unnecessarily and with not many logics.

When you enter the game, you will have an Ent trainer, 5 Ents Warriors, 2 hobbits and one Ent Demolisher. But we will argue the Ent trainer. That this building is almost useless because you must research Elders to be able to recruit the ents. And that is a problem because to recruit one before you must spend 4 turns investigating it and then wait 7 turns to have an ent. And if you have 20 turns to get the three stars and just to get the first unit you must spend at least 11 turns. Although I say that is not a problem because I managed to pass the map, before a unit was recruited.

Then we also have the hobbits. Pippin and Merry. And this is something I don't understand about this unit, the unit will be armed with a sword and has 6 of attack, but this type of unit is never capable of attacking anyone, even if it looks like a militiaman hobbit.
I put that it comes from that it is a trick to The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings that his species is totally peaceful and that he pretends to be in front of the enemy because he does not attack buildings.

In the other hand that means that when it comes to playing, I use them a lot as a human wall ore in this case hobbit wall. Because they are totally useless by, they aren´t able to attack and even on some heavy and useless. And if we remove the hobbits, we are left with 5 Ent Warrior and one Ent Demolisher are 6 units. By usefully removing hobbits we are removing 33.50% of the initial army.
Last edited by xXalexc925Xx on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alexander82

Re: Impossible to win map: Histories /Isengard

Post by Alexander82 »

xXalexc925Xx wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:16 pm Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
Lord Of The Rings

Isengard

El problema de este mapa no destruye el mapa por el momento, pero si lo “complica” de forma innecesaria.
Cuando entras al juego tu tendrás un Ent trainer. Que ese edificio es casi inútil porque tienes que investigar Elders para poder reclutar los ents. Y eso es un problema porque para reclutar uno antes tienes que gastar 4 turnos en investigarlo y luego esperar 7 turnos para tener un ent. Y si tienes 20 turnos para obtener las tres estrellas y solo para conseguir la primera unidad tienes que gastar mínimo 11 turnos. Aunque yo digo que eso no es un problema porque yo conseguí pasarme el mapa, antes de que se reclutase una unidad.

Luego también tenemos a los hobbits. A Pippin y Mery. Y esto es algo que no entiendo de esta unidad, la unidad estará armado con una daga y tiene 6 de poder, pero este tipo de unidad nunca es capaz de atacar a nadie, aunque parezca un hobbit miliciano. Su pongo que eso viene a que eso es un giño a The Hobbit o The Lord Of The Rings que su especie es totalmente pacifica y que hace como que al estar enfrente del enemigo el hobbit se queda paralizado de miedo, pero eso no tiene sentido de porque no ataca a los edificios. Pero eso hace que a la hora de jugar yo como mucho los uso como muro de carne por al no poder atacar son totalmente inútiles he incluso en algunos mapas pesados y que estorban. Y si quitamos a los hobbits nos quedamos con 5 Ent Warrior y un Ent Demolisher son 6 unidades. Al quitar útilmente a los hobbits estamos quitando un 33,34% del ejercito inicial.
I guess you had hit the wrong language on google translate xD

Anyway would giving "ent elders" by default, help here?
Age of Fantasy design leader
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

No, sorry.
Normally I rite first on my language to have the skeleton and later I rite in English. I copy pass the wrong word.
I really use the google translator less for some words.

I would upload an image of all my reviews of previous maps but they are file too large
Plague of the dead

Post by Plague of the dead »

hi, Let me help you with this one, lord of the ring campaign isengard map, to win you need to destroy the gate beside the river (why?), if you've watched the movie then you should know, after destroying the gate many enemy units will be injured, this is the key to win this map at three stars, even if you don't / haven't produced a unit even though you've managed to learn elders technology, even I only need 11 rounds to win with the initial unit given
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

thank you.
But I have already said that this map has no flaws that make it impossible and even as I have said before, I had a great time without having to obtain another Ent with three stars. I've even won a game without using the door-breaking trick.
What I mean is that they put the option of studying to be able to recruit the Ents and that they must to change the hobbits being walls of flesh to being units.

If you have confused the title I put it like this because they told me to put this title for maps with bugs.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@Stratego (dev) can you enable the "ent elders" tech here?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the map designer can or anyone having map editing enabled.
tell me if no one voluneered to fix - thanks!
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

I still don't have the Dev version
CosmicFrog

Post by CosmicFrog »

Mesmo destruindo o portão os quartéis continuam produzindo tropas, desta forma, é inútil destruir o portão, pois, os quartéis produzem Orcs Shaman que cura todo dano causado pela destruição do portão.

Even destroying the gate, the barracks continue to produce troops, so it is useless to destroy the gate, because the barracks produce Orcs Shaman that cures all damage caused by the destruction of the gate.
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

How can you complete this map with three stars? it takes forever to kill all the units because everything is so slow. or is there a trigger?

the Hobbits just worked normally for me. one is meele, one is a ranged knife thrower.

I also think that elders should be enabled from the start. I also agree that this map plays quite messy and takes hours. you can use the first 4 turns to build ent workers, though. use them to build wolves dens with your elf workers and build an embassy.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

ah, thanks plague. but then, shouldn't it give you that objective in the game? otherwise it's just fishing in the dark
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

okay there seem to be two isengard maps. the one I'm playing is from scenarios and there is no gate, no river
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

LOL, apparently you could complete it with 3 stars even without the help of the gate which should damage other units.

I never noticed how easy this map is.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

So this map is not impossible? if so i close the topic.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:23 pm So this map is not impossible? if so i close the topic.
Nope, totally not imposible at all

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”