Impossible to win map: Fictional maps / Elves Getting Attacked

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

Impossible to win map: Fictional maps / Elves Getting Attacked

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
fictional maps

Elves Getting Attacked

This is a map where you are on a base that looks like a kind of elven trenches where they are attacked from the north and south. You have 4 eleven training fields and four elven archers, along with some trees to cover you from the shots and your Spikey Bush survival wall which thanks to one of the updates they can reproduce and create more alone.

The map seems to me one of the ones I like the most of those that are very fair and complicated, even in its day what I played several times.
But whatever is so fair makes a balance change destroy the map. And this is a case.

The first problem is that with the change of the Spikey Bush they no longer resist as much nor do the damage that they did before. Making that defense that gave you half the victory disappear. And for me the maximum number of turns I made to hold the general wall was 9 turns.
Another problem is that skeletons no longer do as much damage to archery shots and even less fire as before. Which makes this map where there are so many skeletons at the beginning and that skeletons can change over time. Although in a way that can happen.

But the biggest problem of all is the many skeleton archers out there. I know they are worse than the elves, but with so many Chinese swordsmen unable to focus on attacking the archers and they then annihilate the elves even if they have broken the retaining wall. Because if there were only Chinese swordsmen, you could hold on much better, leaning back with the archers, which from the map seems to be designed to be this way, but this is not possible in this update.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”