Forum heroes map/campaign

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Midonik

Forum heroes map/campaign

Post by Midonik »

Since we added them, I thought we should make some campaign. I thought it will be cool to make "great discussion" we had on forums some sort of battles. To show forum from back stages. I will transform it somehow and maybe it will even be cool, but I would like you to help me find such topics. I need ones were at least two forumers that have a hero unit in game "fought" with words to death. That can even be shitstorms, even though that's a bit toxic. What do you think?
I might change that idea to "records of championships", but I'm not sure that will work out.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Midonik

Re: Forum heroes map/campaign

Post by Midonik »

Free for all groups battle sounds cool too, but Shogunate has slightly number advantage now.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I made a quick map and I can say that those heroes are a bit bugged. I will test more for details.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

A lot bugged. Most can only target themselves with offensive spells.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I would check other magic uses to see what to use to fix these.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

-2 spell range of convert relies on spell range which is not set.
Same is for many other spells - they rely on "Spell Range" thing.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ok, so made a first version of Forum's groups war map. I think it will be best to make it a multiplayer scenario.
I would like everyone who has an hero unit in game to read description I will post down below. I wrote there some thinks about you and your groups, they are not meant to be offensive, but if someone founds something about himself or his group offensive or just don't want to let everyone know that, just say it, I will change/delete that part. I want to know if everyone is ok with what I wrote. I'm also open on proposals. I can edit it if you made a good suggestion. You can also point all my misstakes, I will be greatful. Here comes the description:

Forum groups gather forumers together to serve a specific target, different for each group. Be it competing in multiplayer championships and fair gameplay, according to Bushido code of Sunrise Shogunete, defending and achieving balance in game of Nature Defenders, giving every idea it's justice (implementation if it's good, closing if bad) of Hounds of Justice, or expanding the game, according to General Brave's vision using voting and superior JSON work of W.M.L, such target unites forumers, makeing them something bigger than themselves. All those groups generally live in peace on forum, but who would like to make a map about that?! We all want blood, harsh word and sounds of buttons being clicked with impressive speed! We want war! Ok, so once we cleared that up, I (Midonik of Shogunate, but I will be neutral. Well, maybe a bit not) will introduce you to world of forum, so you can know everything you want (and you don't want to move your virtual ass and join). The first group of those who exists until today (we won't talk about fallen/falling empires like DCPRN or Phoenix League) is Sunrise Shogunate. Ruled by it's Shogun, Sunrise Samurai, and during his abscense by Midonik, it was a land were all members competed against each other or worked together, according to rules of Bushido code, to get better in AoS and it's variants. On their island they hadn't any rivals for a long time. That make them decided to land on main continent, seraching other groups. First one they met was slowly dying because of lack of activity DCPRN, that leader joined Shogunate as ambassador. Later they met freshly rising W.M.L, that they quickly declared a rival, assuming they can become a worthy opponent someday. W.M.L, created by Warfell's military leader, General Brave, was not disappointment. It get more members soon, and General brave increased his influence and respect fast by making a great job puting in Dwarfs, Scaledfolks and Warfell, by makeing JSON files, images, and unit ideas. Warfell, city state on cliff, become a small empire, that was protector of many respectable forumers, known all over the froums, and inlfuencal. It's neighbor, the Nature Defenders, created and led by Makazuwr, were defending their Balance Forest and slowly calculating puting ideas, so they won't break sacred balance. Mak's work created a good reputation of that group. Last of groups that currently are active on froums are Hounds of Justice, created and leaded by Ayush Tiwari. Their work made implementation of many units possible. Once a hounds found an idea that needs justice, they never stop until they achieve it, nevermind the odds. (Now, I will explain the events on map and heroes capabilities. As I say groups on forums mostly live in peace and even cooperate, but as I said this map is about a war. It's based on true events, but any of groups don't hate/fight with any other, even if sometimes they disagree and argument about something) The Shogunate decided to create a base on main island. The rivalry with W.M.L turned to a war because of that. Hounds couldn't accept such an unjustified action too, that was to risky for balance for Nature Defenders to accept. Shogunete sent to continent everything they had: Midonik, anty cavarly rider, that cloud trample the enemy's using his long lance, and also was great tank, able to regenerate himself, that he proved almost without help creating the AoG dev version, enduring all odds. The Puss in Boots, that cloud strike enemy's with intercable speed and convert them thanks to cute look. Patrol, that was master of scouting and wolfs, that had nothing to do with Hounds of Justice. Finally the Sunrise Samurai, supreme leader, able to inspire his mens, convince enemies to join his ranks and fight like a warrior. Additionally few ninjas and soliders - members of Shogunate that don't have a hero unit, also worker to create a base. United forces of other groups could crash them, but... they would need to unite, and they were far from that. In fact, they were in war with eachother. W.M.L, that was expensive by nature, had enough being stopped by Nature Defenders because of balance. W.M.L had a strong, tanky warrior - it's leader, General Brave, Stormsaint, good fighter able to provide support and regeneration to allies and also bring thunder storm to battle field. They began to organise the Warfell's forces on W.M.L's continent to march to war. They also had a Typhoon, that was both member of W.M.L and ND. In case of war he spilted into two variants. W.M.L was joined by a dark version, strong naval warrior, able to strike with thunder storm and disarmor enemies. ND was joined by a Light Typhoon, with pretty similar capabilities to his second variant. Balance Forest was well defended by powers of nature that Mak was leading. He was able to slow down enemies, fight well at both range and melee, also regenerate and buff his allies. The Lord of Ales, respected, but also little feared because of his little salty (but good in general) personality, had gone with his lads from Mordor to a Buried Ideas of Unbalance graveyard (Mak buried his numberous ideas that cloud brake the balance there, to eventually rise them if they would be needed using local necromant), passing by a Secret Library of Unit Ideas to find a ring that maybe cloud be buried over there (there is a rumor that Mak banished him after a recent argument about adding a phantom crossbowmen to undeads, but who would believe it...). He was a fighter with many action, able to deal damage to enemies and weaken them by screaming, also curse them. Anyway, he and his lads caused an argument with Ayush Tiwari, a bit impulsive leader of HoJ, that was an agile good warrior using posioned weapons, an good leader able to increase fighting ability of his soliders and capable to summon wolfs and cast magic arrows multiple times. Argument caused a war. HoJ had many loyal hounds, and also were joined by: humanoidal fox, Samuelch, a decent ranged fighter, able to summon wolfs, heal and always had some bombs ready to throw, and a pyromant assasin that was a great fan of Vespas, Ravencloack, that was an decent and agile fighter with many explosives to throw, and was able to summon wolfs. They were both natural, but bound with animals made them join HoJ. Puss in Boots, that joined HoJ during Shogunate's exploring (for some reason he didn't hate, and even liked dogs), decides to side with it's family group. HoJ also declared war on W.M.L, because it unjustified attacked ND. Who will prevail?
Last edited by Midonik on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Aside from one big mistake - you always misspelling word "could" where "L" is after "U" with word "cloud" where "L" is before "O" - it is pretty intresting description.

As for "graveyard" i prefer another thing in its place — "Secret Library of Unit Ideas" (statue with name, few webs, spiders, some decoration furniture) with graveyard part "Buried Ideas Of Unbalance" (can be made as statue with this name).

As for map itself: why HoJ don't have a TC?
As it looks for me HoJ are the weakest of all 4.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I will correct the misstake. Thanks, I will write it correct in future hopefully.
Sounds acceptable, I will see what I can do.
Hmmm.. Yeah, they need some production power at least. I was more aiming on storyline than balance now. I will change that too.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

And another question:
It is single player map, right?
Or for multiplayer?

If single player than who will be under player's control?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It think it will work out best as a multiplayer scenario. I even wrote it at begging.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Ah i missed that part.
The one before map image.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

The description is great, can't wait for the map!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It seems you got things kind of right for the city-state-empire.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Another suggestions:
1. Change few of those hunt rangers to melee units of elves: ents, sentinels. 3-4 in total.
2. For W.M.L. add a bit more space there and barracks.
3. For HoJ i suggest to use something else than humans/elves as starting race. Add them mega of that race and tc.
4. For Shogunate i suggest to add a bit of forces (elite archers) and researched from the start ambidextria and 1st tier of all human blacksmith upgrades.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I will consider that.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Oh and remove Warfell Guardian because General Brave is that.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I would suggest making the land more natural or at least on my side. Perhaps add a bit of more land and make a wall surrounding the area. Add a few decorations like Farms or a town perhaps with the roads and a bit of forest around it.
Last edited by General Brave on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Didn't PiB join HOJ?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Could also do some smaller battles among individuals. For example, The Battle of Discord, where the tyranny of LOA is overthrown by General Brave after gaining the support of several other formers. :lol:
The glorious sun rises again
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Ignore Sunrise Samurai he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Really now. Considering I had to end that one and get you unbanned.....
The glorious sun rises again
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

LordOfAles wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm Oh and remove Warfell Guardian because General Brave is that.
Seriously? Ok.
General Brave wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm I would suggest making the land more natural or at least on my side. Perhaps add a bit of more land and make a wall surrounding the area. Add a few decorations like Farms or a town perhaps with the roads and a bit of forest around it.
Will consider.
godOfKings wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 pm Didn't PiB join HOJ?
Oh... Yeah, he did. Well, I will struggle to put it in storyline somehow.
Sunrise Samurai wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 pm Could also do some smaller battles among individuals. For example, The Battle of Discord, where the tyranny of LOA is overthrown by General Brave after gaining the support of several other formers. :lol:
Hehe. Yeah, I will do something like that.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Also what is that piece of land we are on, I'm guessing it's a island.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is AoF main Continent.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm referring to Warfell piece of land.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Ah.
Hm...
Good question.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hmmm... Main land is where lies land of HoJ (Auysh, suggest something about your group, it is quite character less now and I don't have many more ideas) and Balance Forest. W.M.L is after a bit of water. I didn't think about that, I just needed to make Typhoon really useful. It can be an island, but maybe better a small continent, whole for a Warfell. Also that mountain was supposed to be cliff like since I thought capital of Warfell was on cliff, but it was only called Clifffall. What do you think I should do, Brave?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Call it a small continent and you are right since the capital is on a cliff which is now name Warfall, Warfell seems to be at a good position it just the Warfell continent has to be a bit more refined.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Updated description and screenshoot. Is library ok, Mak? I adjusted the graveyard a bit too. Also added melee units. W.M.L has some place more, and I gave it transport ships so they can any moment land on empty part of AoF continent. Warfell looks more natural I suppose. I gave Shogunate archers, tbh they have +6 damage from auras, so I think two seems engoun. I forgot to give HoJ a tc. I also have no idea what race, and so mega buliding they cloud have.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”