Orc rpg campaign!

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Constantin

Orc rpg campaign!

Post by Constantin »

I'm plan create new orc rpg campaign
The first map
The first map is already ready to exit in campaign
The idea of the campaign is that your Orc team, consisting of seven different orcs led by leader of the orcs sawazas, should improve the position of the orcs in the war with humans and elves, lead the orcs to victory and make your leader to the King of the orcs.
Last edited by Constantin on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordOfAles

Re: Orc rpg campaign!

Post by LordOfAles »

Cool, like the idea, i expect heavy triggers right?
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

LordOfAles wrote:Cool, like the idea, i expect heavy triggers right?
Yes there will be some heavy triggers
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

Here are some screenshots of the maps
Last edited by Constantin on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

1/2 map screenshots = a half surprise.

I'm going to love this campaign! :D
OLÉ
Constantin

Post by Constantin »

4th map
KingslyTheGreat

Post by KingslyTheGreat »

This is a topic reply
Last edited by KingslyTheGreat on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"What sort of fool am I?" A loyal fool, good sir.

All the Gods, all the Devils, all the Heavens and the Hells are within you.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It could be moved to medium. I wouldn't really consider these maps, "easy." They require care for most movements. The fact that they can discourage beginners from continuing play make them deserving of the move. It's definitely not a bad campaign, Constantine clearly took time and effort to design.

Wouldn't say that extreme reaction is going to be common, but definitely worst case scenario. That sentence actually was funny :) . More likely, the player sees he cannot finish this campaign and he decides to move on to the next one. It's what I did when I got stuck on campaign maps.
OLÉ
KingslyTheGreat

I agree with everything you just said. Not a bad campaign, obviously very well worked and structured and absolutely nothing wrong with it. I think i was just a little upset at the 124 turns part, but my point is valid. Should probabpy not be an easy campaign

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In my campaigns I always give hints to players as to wat they r supposed to do next, for example the hero unit needs to meet with an NPC character to progress story? I create a 'hint' box or an 'objective' box to tell players wat they should do next,
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
KingslyTheGreat

Currently working on a story for the opening map of a campaign idea I had and am hiding hints towards activating triggers in context clues. Not looking forward to designing the map though.

KingslyTheGreat

I think this conversation needs to be moved. It is now in no way related to the orc rpg campaign lol. Idk

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

just my suggestion as to how one can make the orc campaign more player friendly, by using triggers to display messages to tell players wat they need to do at any particular moment
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
RaistAMG

Post by RaistAMG »

Yeah, begging ambushed by seventy archers because I hit a tree, after thirty rounds of tedious map crawling without much of a clue (oh, I have to nice the leader to the gate so everyone is teleported?) (Oh, I must move the leader to the back line, but not too any specific structure to be teleported back-without movement points-to progress?) (Oh, I must withstand area fire from the indestructible tower until I move leader close-3 turns? Glad I healed everybody before the teleport back... No, wait) (oh, the elven towers at the right of the stone pile shot at you, bit you can only reach one of them to attack) (oh, after giving up attacking said towers, you move South, hit a tree and then.... Hundreds of archers decimate your group in two rounds)

Way to go. Thinking on installing the game because of the sloppiness of branding this beast "easy"
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

hey if u dont like a campaign, blame the map maker, not the game, cuz the map maker is just another player like urself, so u cant always expect a quality campaign, and if u r upset there is not enough 'easy' campaigns, then make an easy campaign urself to get free gems :lol:

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Complaining is useless. Suggest improvements instead.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
redtiger7

Post by redtiger7 »

OK, how do you get off the ledge at the start of the game?
N0th1ng

Post by N0th1ng »

How can I win the smith map? The dragon part it's easy but the second one is impossible for me. The spiders and snakes can poison you and u also fail the atack sometimes, and going back to village to heal me takes a lot of turns so, how can I do it
하이~
Savra

Post by Savra »

I actually managed to skip that part and just go to the second part once. I'm pretty sure you just have to walk by it.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”