Random animals/creature

balint

Random animals/creature

Post by balint »

Do we want to have something similar like in AoS, So randomly generated creatures wander the lands?

I've gathered a few of my ideas if Daniel would like to implement something like this.
Rogue: Spawns in groups, light armor, low health, medium attack. Waits until a unit gets into its sight then attack.

Lost soul: Passive unit. Maybe it could be converted into something by the undead.

Ende: It is a special kind of undead, they have a full control over their bodies, but attack everything by instinct. Ende is of any race, a person whose mind is strong enough to resist the call of the otherworld will stuck between the 2 worlds becoming an unliving terror.

Ghouls: Small, vicious creatures. Hunt at night and fight with a blind, uncontrollable rage.

Mercenaries: Wander around, not hostile, can be converted with a money courier

Hellspawn: A lava monster which has a lot of health, good damge , but no armour. Hostile to all race except undead.

Orc Looter: Moves around, mainly targeting producing buildings. Hostlie to all race, except elves.

Patrol soldier: Moves around in a circle/ line, Hostile to everyone except humans.

Treant guardian: Only in forest, Targets everyone except elves.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Random animals/creature

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

[quote="balint"]

Orc Looter: Moves around, mainly targeting producing buildings. Hostlie to all race, except orcs you mean
Ghouls are already present.
I like your idea but needs some enhancements.
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

balint

Post by balint »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:
balint wrote:
Orc Looter: Moves around, mainly targeting producing buildings. Hostlie to all race, except orcs you mean
Ghouls are already present.
I meant with this that the ghoul is a unit seeking creature. I thought it would be nice that there would be a creature which attack any unit except the units of a specified race...
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I really like it! :) though im not keen on the patrol idea.
Ive come up with a couple extras

Giant spider: Hostile to all races. Has high attack and medium defence. When it spawns, a "spider nest" building is created on the adjacent space. The nest makes a week spiderling every 4 turns. The nest can be converted by an orc shamen, once coverted, the orcs can make spiderlings there.
both spiders and nest are very week against fire.

Wild Wargs: Hostile to all except Orcs. Faster than a Warg rider, but with less attack and armor.

Human Necramanceer: Spawns with a skeleton warrior guard. Attacks anything (including enemy undead) that get within sight. Will resurrect any nearby corpses. When killed, has a 50% chance of turning into a linch at half health. Cannot be converted.

Dragon: (has been said before in another topic) this wild dragon is weaker then the player controlled ones. But still a formidable foe. Can be converted by any race, but has a 95 persent conversion resistance. No vanishing effect.

Dark elf: Dark elves from far away land. spawn in small group's. -passive. But will attack if you get within 4 spaces. Medium attack, light armor. Melee weapons non convertible.

Monster hunters: Human hunters that roam the wild in pursuit of unnatural/creature like beaings. Hostile to all except humans and elfs. (Hostile to randomly generated creatures) medium attack, light armor. Equit with a sword/bow (random weapon apon spawning) Non convertible.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I think necromancer should be a seperate buildable unit, though i consider it very very different from your version
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Oh, if I was designing a play made unit it woulf have been much more detailed. But I was trying to keep it simple (as to not slow down turn times) :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."

Return to “Archived - Units and Buildings - General Forum”