corpses and extra production for elves and humans (and later scalefolks and dwarves)

Here talk about technologies, spells and abilities that can be implemented.
IMPORTANT!: Every proposal should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea open a new topic for it!
Alexander82

corpses and extra production for elves and humans (and later scalefolks and dwarves)

Post by Alexander82 »

One thing we were discussing lately was the use of corpses for other races and other means to gain extra production.

Corpses are undeads' bread and butter, everyone knows, and as you could see the looting ability for goblins made them useful for orcs by providing them some money courier like units.

We wanted to add other options for other races (starting with elves and humans that are among the original 4 races)

Elves are a race that is tied to nature and they already have a money courier type of unit so I was thinking we might imlement one or more of the following effects.

- corpses might become "fertilizer" after vanishing so this fertilizer might be used to either heal or powerup plant-like units, in that case we might give to one or more nature spellcaster a way to accelerate the decomposition of corpses and thus they might transform all corpses around them into fertilizer with a spell.
Also, considering that will of the wisps are found in graveyards and might actually be considered like souls, we might consider an elven cleric able to summon them from corpses.

Humans are generally more into divine stuff and thus I'd avoid dark magic for them but since they have hobbits planned as a sub faction they might have hobbits loot corpses like goblin do and summon money couriers from them.

They might also have cleric spells to prevent corpses from reanimating (or simply destroying corpses in a area) so that they are not useable by other races when they can't do it in the first place.

About dwarves I don't feel they need corpses to boost production as they will get different specific means for that (mines to increase factory and tc production and gemstone mines with vanishing that will summon a few miners during their life). Theyr clerics might be very good at destroying corpses as well. Maybe gnomes might later gains some looting effect.

Scalefolks are pretty forward in the future and I haven't something in mind yet for them (maybe looting for kobolds?).

I'd like to collect some more ideas to choose the one that is more viable (also from a technical point of view)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Re: corpses and extra production for elves and humans (and later scalefolks and dwarves)

Post by Anchar »

Can the priests of the people add the ability to remove bones? Call it "repose" or "sanctification"
Alexander82

Re: corpses and extra production for elves and humans (and later scalefolks and dwarves)

Post by Alexander82 »

I was thinking about something like "rest in peace" but yeah
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

What if we add a unit of mini wood war to the elves (there was one in Skyrim, but I don't remember what it's called). To make it grown from bones and call it something like "new life" and hand it as a technique to the same druid.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I googled his name is Spriggan
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@makazuwr32 already planned some summons for the woodshaper. We might make these summons permanent by making them use corpses/fertilizer instead of giving them the usual vanishing of elven summons.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In that case the woodshaper might also need to have the tech to turn corpses into fertile ground
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That is good idea i think but only for spriggans and maybe dendroids.

Ents should still have vanishing.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that ents might get that possibility as well, as long as we make enough fertilizer.

Also if we make the woodshaper summon the fertilizer as well, we might allow him to position it more conveniently.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Scaledfolks could use them as food, generally to heal themselves or if they are the lizardmen brutes they could use them to increase stats like armour or attack due to the fact they use bones for that purpose anyhow.
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I think corpses should be undead only resource, though other races could get other means(dwarfs have it already, elfs could grow plant units straight from earth, as a delayed production method, orcs have a good method too, humans dont rly need it, dunno how about scaledfolk)
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Also whole using corpses as fertilizer thing has to be carefully planned, so nobody will spam elf guides to sacrifice for growth, if it passes

Return to “Technologies, Spells & Abilities”