Leader Unit Abilities

Here talk about technologies, spells and abilities that can be implemented.
IMPORTANT!: Every proposal should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea open a new topic for it!
Valaraukar

Leader Unit Abilities

Post by Valaraukar »

Just to start off, I think leaders (those with an aura that boosts friendly units, think Human Captain, Orc King, Kobold Lord) are a liability because of their aura. They seem to boost units as long as those units remain within the range of their ability. Units that exit, or are left out when the leader moves, proceed to lose their bonus, specifically for attack. If they re-enter they are only moved back to the "normal" attack level before the leader was near, and must remain near to keep it. The leaders create a unit dependence that harms their side. Is this incorrect in any way?
I thought there was previously (maybe this was just age of strategy) a number of turns where the effects wear off for those outside the zone, if this is not the case anymore in AoF could it be reinstated?
"Nonetheless the Valar did not discover all the mighty vaults and caverns...many evil things still lingered there, and others were dispersed and fled into the dark and roamed in the waste places of the world, awaiting a more evil hour..."
Alexander82

Re: Leader Abilities

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that leader (aura) units are good anyway. I don't think that the way they work is arming their side but we are also planning to add in game a different kind of aura units (at the moment for dwarves) that can give specific orders that act like status effects that last one turn.

Units with that kind of "auras" will have generally 2 (or maybe more) effects that will be mutually exclusives and will give some bonus on one side (e.g. attack) but a penalty on another (e.g. armor).

this will allow units to move out of the leader's range unlike auras (which require to expose more the leader unit by bringing it on the first line)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Re: Leader Unit Abilities

Post by Savra »

So something like what was suggested for the Uruk captain?

I'm referring to his motivational shouting that causes uruks in an area to gain +1 spd temporarily.

I'm assuming a similar concept is going to be applied to dwarves captain.
erosbonjour

Re: Leader Unit Abilities

Post by erosbonjour »

Good 👍

Return to “Technologies, Spells & Abilities”