Which troops can enter destroyer? — ANSWERED

Huttensohn

Which troops can enter destroyer? — ANSWERED

Post by Huttensohn »

Destroyer seems to be another unit that can be entered by other units (after upgrade) , but only specific units.

Which units can enter the human destroyer ship and can the attack from the ship?
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
makazuwr32

Re: Which troops can enter destroyer?

Post by makazuwr32 »

I suppose it was set to allow for infantry melee units to enter it.

But there is a problem that units do not hide inside it and instead are shown like on bridge and thus you can't target destroyer after that (not sure if this bug is fixed yet).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

and can they fight out of it? I tried the basic human warrior and it didn't work.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Savra

Post by Savra »

I always thought that was a bug and was planning on fixing that, however if people would prefer the ship to be garrisonable then we could try something different for all human ships.

My idea (this would go for dwarves too) is that we could allow all non siege human ships the ability to carry units, however the non specified transports like warships and the such will start with 0 carry capacity, units will be allowed to act from these ships as well.

I plan to add fire ships and poison ships for humans too, so that should strengthen their navy a bit also.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For me this is fine and i agree with this change but not for all ships though.

Siege ships (catapult and ballista (planned) for now) as for me should not have bonus carry cap.

Also i want to make some changes for transport units of humans:
1 cost transport i want to make unaffected by carry cap increase but make it as transport (out of 2) inside which carriable units can act. Also limit them to infantries only.
Can't enter deep water.

2 turn cost transport i want also to not be affected by carry cap and also to be able to carry only 1 unit, row boat also will be only transport that will be carriable by flagship of humans (so you can garrison inside that ship not just units but several row boats, move ship, than move boats even further).

3 turn cost transport i want to be current 4 turn cost transport (exept cost and hp + p.armor drop np changes to it).

4 turn cost transport i want to be current 3 turn cost with giving for it to units inside act (also readjustment of hp and p.armor). Unlike 1 turn cost it will have no restrictions for entrance.

5 turn cost transport will be kept as it is, maybe only with slight boost to speed.

And about destroyer — i think this ship must get one of 2 improvements to become better:
1. No conter attack from enemy;
2. Some bonus melee armor.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I think bonus armour would be fine, as we will be removing the units bonuses to ships, who aren't specified for fighting ships. This will make humans navy more effective.

I will think on the transports one a bit more though.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Answered
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - FAQ”