Give archers a boost against flying ones - ACCEPTED

Anchar

Give archers a boost against flying ones - ACCEPTED

Post by Anchar »

When playing against the orcs, I found his bat rider very difficult to kill. I thought it was a good idea to kill him with archers, but I was wrong. In turn, with one shot, it demolishes 95 percent of the life of a large tower.I believe that archers need to increase the damage to flying units as you did with dragons
makazuwr32

Re: Give archers a boost against flying ones

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. As mentioned many times, all buildings will receive big uptade later.
2. Anti-flying bonus right now is already under discussion. It is indeed required but we are thinking about amount for it and who should receive it. 50% bonus definately is too high because some flying units (like pegasus riders) would become too useless. Also another problem here is that flying dragons (land/water dragons also exist or are planned) will become even more vulnerable due to this bonus because they are stackable.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Why not add hp to the ones who will become more vurnerable.

Or add range armor

Well, this can be more complicated but just suggesting.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

So it can remove the bonus against dragons and replace it with a bonus against flying units, then everything will be logical. Foot dragons will not be destroyed by archers, and flying units, regardless of whether they are dragons or not dragons, will be vulnerable. As for pegasus and others, they will increase their lives so that they carried a threat to foot troops but were vulnerable to archers.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I always agreed on the removal of dragon bonus from archer in favour of a generalized bonus against flying units, at least on a concept.

Still I think that the entity of that bonus shouldn't be particularly high (like 25% to 50% at most).

I don't think that flyers should come down with one or two arrows like mounted units against pikemen (cause mounted units can easily dispose of pikemen as well if they get the first move), but I believe that shooting units (bows, crossbows, guns) can have some extra damage to other units that can hit flyers (throwers and giants, but also casters).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Btw I also want to remove archer's anti infantry bonus. I don't really see how a archer can have bonuses against shielded units.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I agree that archers influence the battle too much, especially the elven ones.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In case of elven archer I think that it is fine if they have the edge in terms of range (it is one of their strengths), but I agree about the use of powerbase. Here we just need @Strategist to solve the issue though.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

also i think that foot units shouldn't be able to hit flying units. It is not logical that a swordsman can hit a flying dragon, he can only counterattack in response when the dragon comes down to hit the swordsman. In my opinion, it is necessary to remove the possibility of attacking short-range foot units on flying ones, and also remove the damage of archers and skirmishers to buildings.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

at the moment the engine allow for a minimal of 1 damage

Return to “Archived - FAQ”