Map editor idea

Aweguy

Map editor idea

Post by Aweguy »

I was making a map and then I came up with an interesting idea. Do not know how viable it is though. Special triggers could be implemented that unlocks campaign map based on the decisions you make in a map. The decisions would be put by the map artist. I think this would expand by a vast percentage the campaign concepts and possibilities. The "in the map editor use triggers for infinite possibilities" hint, would become reality.
godOfKings

Re: Map editor idea

Post by godOfKings »

There was some discussion on this idea, but its complex, currently the closest u can do, as done by puss in AOS is make multiple maps played by both sides showing the result of the war from point of view of both sides and finally make one side the superior
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Aweguy

Post by Aweguy »

Agreed, I was just asking.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

With enough votes we can make this one of the top priorities in dev's to do list, it already exists in voteable option, look for needs and priorities in suggest new option
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I would like that but what about a simpler option?

I think we might make a map unlock 2 maps where every map represents a decision (like a gamebook) so every map you play unlock simply the options available for that specific storyline.

e.g.

you are the general of a human kingdom at war with orcs, elves and undeads.

After a battle against the elves (map 1) a messenger report that the princess have been kidnapped by a group of undeads while she was on a trip but on the other side the orcs are attacking the capital

you need to choose if you want to go on the rescue mission or if you want to guide the city guard against the orcish siege

in the list you will unlock maps 2a and 2b

If you play 2a you will continue that storyline (and maybe the siege won't go well and you might need to retake the capital from the orcish army)

If you play 2b maybe the rescue of the princess won't go well and you might find that she's dead or that was changed into a undead and she will be a enemy in the next maps
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that could be easyer to do right @Stratego (dev)

that should also make maps easyer to do as they wouldn't require all that triggers
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

This exact same idea was already suggested and i think exists in voteable list, stratego said something about continuing units of old map to new map and using trigger to unlock different map i think

But wat if the player already finishes the storyline of one path, how would he start 2b later?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:47 pm This exact same idea was already suggested and i think exists in voteable list, stratego said something about continuing units of old map to new map and using trigger to unlock different map i think

But wat if the player already finishes the storyline of one path, how would he start 2b later?
my idea is that all maps unlocked should appear on the list, so if you want to see a different outcome you just continue from where you had left that timeline

Return to “Archived - FAQ”