New battle mode

desatixix

New battle mode

Post by desatixix »

I came up with a new mode
It will look something like this:
To each player (maximum 2)
given, for example, 30 moves. There is currently only one player on the map, except for mobs (more on that later)
The player has 5 centers, and the player must develop over 30 moves, produce troops, make improvements, and so on.
You can add mobs to the map, which if you win, you can get a special unit (take from the hero editor, for example)
or unique technology.
(for example, +1 armor for everyone, but at the same time, you can explore the technology of the race, which also gives this bonus, and their bonuses add up.
At the end of 30 moves, both players place their troops on a common map, on which there are no producing buildings, and here the players fight.
For elves, apparently changes are needed so that they can resist everyone in the open field
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM
Anchar

Re: New battle mode

Post by Anchar »

I would like to add such modes to the game as:
1) Capturing a tile in which there would be a tile in the center of the map or to the side, whoever reaches it faster will win.
2) Fight with heroes. Many players offer unique fighters, and also want some analogue of Warcraft. In this mode, each side will initially be given its own unique hero, and the goal of the battle will be to destroy the enemy hero.
The heroes will have their own strengths and weaknesses, for example, the Orc King will be strong but will not be able to heal and hide in buildings, the elven rider will move quickly but die from the blow of an ordinary spearman, the undead have something like a lich and a gravedigger in one person, but so weak that will die by an ordinary archer.I also propose to make one purchase of these fighters not for gems, but for the currency that will be issued for completed network games, as well as victories in them, since there is no incentive to win online.
desatixix

Post by desatixix »

no one can hear us:(
haha,the orcs do BAM BAM
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

There is no need for a new mode to achieve an effect like this. You can do it on a single multiplayer scenario map with some good map design and usage of triggers.
Making a new game mode would require a not of coding from the developer, and he is busy with more essential matters.
It will be much easier to try to achieve something like this by making an multiplayer scenario map.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I totally agree with Midonik.

We might, at most, try to categorize maps later on (so maps of that kind might have a specific section when creating a game)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

yes, but such cards cannot be played online with friends.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

and although no, I can be mistaken, but I personally don't know how to create such maps.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I want heroes to be chosen from some list like in some Dota
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Anchar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:24 am and although no, I can be mistaken, but I personally don't know how to create such maps.
Git gud
Anchar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:22 am yes, but such cards cannot be played online with friends.
Wait what? I understand you misspelled maps. But you can play the multiplayer secenario map online with friends, that's what they for. I mean maps like shrine protector or imperfect valley siege.
Anchar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 am I want heroes to be chosen from some list like in some Dota
That won't happen, but this isn't dota lol. You can make selection based on cond:obj in area or smt like that if you have enough space.

You're yet to even oppose my main argument - that's a lot of coding from the developer that has to do things that cannot be replaced to any degree with map making.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anchar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 am I want heroes to be chosen from some list like in some Dota
This will require another tanker of coding from stratego.
And because this is not critical for game development (from addition of heroes and making such exp system game in terms of global strategy will not win anything) it is better to concentrate on other required mechanics to code in.

Also just a reminder but AoWW is also managed by stratego. He already has quite a lot of work.

Personally my opinion about this idea:
This is not required at all in this game. It is not another Heroes of Might and Magic or another Warcraft 3. It is different from them.
Better to compare it to Cossacks 2 or Warcraft 2.
And even if this thing will even be worked on it would be only when we will not have literally anything to work on otherwise (and i mean for all games - AoS, AoF, AoWW, AoG, AoD). Probably at least 5-10 years later, maybe even more.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - FAQ”