Catapult and seige

DreJaDe

Catapult and seige

Post by DreJaDe »

I suggest that machinery upgrade for humans to have 8 turns instead of 6 or make it only available on seige building and reduce the catapult building time to like 14 turns or lower.

If the above is okay then reduce the splash damage upgrade turns also.

I suggest this so that it can be more accessible in late game, though it is already a late game unit for humans.Also it is know that catapult in this game is not as good in terms of use contrary to AOS. So if the creating time is reduced it would be used more?
Alexander82

Re: Catapult and seige

Post by Alexander82 »

We planned already to implement both siege and ship upgrades so that catapult can be improved.

More in general I prefer for AoF to use catapults more as an exclusively siege weapon.

Higher attack and versatility should go for more fantasy units like dragon/gryphon knights and spellcasters.
Age of Fantasy design leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Oh, nice!! I'm just hoping that it's not like in the AOS type of upgrade(Transforming the catapult to heavy one).

I really like the no upgrade in AOF since it's like the fantasy is given more thought. The type in AOS is good in AOS since as you upgrade things it's like the unit's weapons advances in time but in AOF there's no need since it's not that type of game but instead they get to become elite or be a veteran.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We are planning to reduce catapult's attack but increase its bonuses to buildings.
Also catapult will still have its aoe and will gain 3 tiers.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, the concept is based mostly on experience as well as better equipment.

As @makazuwr32 said, we want siege to be more focused (and needed) for their job.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - FAQ”