Rank matches/Leaderboards

Tankhead

Rank matches/Leaderboards

Post by Tankhead »

I enjoy this game alot but the hype of being Competitive isn't really hitting me.

I think rank matches and leaderboards should be a thing.
A sense of achievement when winning would be great

Maybe 2 highest rank players get their own hero
( once every 3 months ) ( have to be a forum member atleast to get consider that )

If not a member and you happen to be one of the highest players then a gem reward should do
1st = 100 gems
2nd = 50 gems
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Re: Rank matches/Leaderboards

Post by makazuwr32 »

This is what i don't like.
I know at least 2 ways to get lots of free wins (and i mean LOTS! Like 100+ per day).

I don't think that this game needs ranking system anx leaderboards.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:09 am This is what i don't like.
I know at least 2 ways to get lots of free wins (and i mean LOTS! Like 100+ per day).

I don't think that this game needs ranking system anx leaderboards.
Same here, i get that Tank is looking for a more competitive aproach, but i share the same vision here... I think that we don't have a good way to implement that yet, and for me, the current badge system is good enough to define player rankings, it don't say how skilled is the person but says how active he is, and that can be related on how good he is on most of cases.

But by bringing leaderboards, it might inspire ppl to be more active, but we must think very well on how to make that... Like, what kind of statistics it will be tracking and showing to other players?
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Statistics? Easy

Wins
Loses
Races preferred by that player
Last time active ( e.g min, hour, week, month, year ago etc )
And Clan ( if ever accepted )

How about this shows up when you click on another players name in game chat?

Also Thinking about it I guess rank matches are bad.
I can see people using two different devices and two different accounts at once to make one account seem like they are really good.
I guess other way is if one decides to skip a person over and over until that players wins ( easy win )
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I see, so firstly we must make that "profile page" to our accounts in game to add these player statistics. Probably meaning a total revamp on the social area of the game (MP lobby, chat and other stuff) so they can support this feature... I do not need to say that will be a ton of work, but i know that everyone will agree that if we improve the social area, more ppl will stay active for sure...

I know that there will be ppl attempting to cheat their statistics, so as long as Daniel makes it work on server side... I think it can work.

But Idk if "last time played" is a good thing, some ppl like to keep their log-in privacy when browsing around.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Perhaps a "Social revamp" post should be made to adress everything that could be changed... It will not be easy. But i will not say no for it... It just need be planned well... Btw for this... I think we can start with this sample:
User Profile

-User Name: John
-Badge level: Rank "X"

Total battles: ? (Only register multiplayer battles)
Total wins: ?
Total loses: ?
Total win rate: ?%
Most Played Faction: ??? - ? Battles.

(Optional stuff)
- User Picture/image
- Forum Name: John(the neutral bot)
- Clan: The Devs
- User Status/msg
- User Achievements
If we press someone's name in the lobby, it will give us an option to check their profile that will contain the stuff above...

And if we add leaderboards, then we should add seasonal statistics to user profile.
Total C.S. Battles: ?
Current Season wins: ?
Current Season loses: ?
Current Season w/r: ?%
Current Season M.P.F: ??? - ? Battles.

Total L.S. Battles: ?
Last Season wins: ?
Last Season loses: ?
Last Season w/r: ?%
Last Season M.P.F: ??? - ? Battles.
Season/seasonal things are for leaderbord record and to help the players track their performance over the time. As seasonal leaderboard would always be reseted time to time. Users could compare their performance of current season over the last one.

While leaderboards can be like this:
| Leaderboards | | X |
| Season "?" | "?" days/hours remaining |
| Filter boxes (Current season stuff) |
| Rank | Username | Score |
| 1 | - Jonh - | 24 |
| 2 | - Mary - | 22 |
| 3 | - JonhJr - | 20 |
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

In all I like this and agree

Reason for last time active is merely for when you fight a player and they take forever or never attack and by checking last time active, determines if you should skip or not.

For me If you some random person im playing and you take 4 to 5 days to take action ill skip you.
If I know you tho ill never skip

Return to “Archived - FAQ”