New specActions/things.

General Brave

New specActions/things.

Post by General Brave »

It seems that we may need some new special actions, and I think I know a few which would be necessary and soon be needed. I guess I'll leave the name into you.
1. IS_PASSABLE.
Description: Causes the object to be passable by all players, like CAN_BE_FLOWN_TRU.
Example: Entry like units, Trees, and some others that I forgot I guess.

2. TURN_SPEEDUP.
Description: Instead of going down normally by turn, the unit can be only trained by PROD_SPEEDUP, also works if building would need PROD_SPEEDUP to produce units by using that. Both can work.
Example: We have idea of Tavern which the only way you can get units by using PROD_SPEEDUP like the Money Courier, as well as a idea with Alexander about a tower that would boost units/refill spell.

3. TRANSFORMATION2 and more.
Description: Basically just like transformation, just more.
Example: The druid, he's supposed to turn into all kinds of animals. But it is impossible for now since only one transformation slot. And perhaps some other units would need it.

4. Spells and factory production.
Description: Give the possibility of units who are on the nature team to use spells, also allow neutral factories to produce units.
Example: Allowing spells should good for neutral magic units, also allowing certain neutral buildings to produce to create more hazards like that Bandit Camp should be great also.

5. On Hit Percentage.
Description: You know if a unit activates burning weapon or has it passive, it always hits 100%. For some units, we need some to be always 80 or 20% chance to affect.
Example: There's quite a few, like Golems gain 20% chance to inflict fear with their attacks.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Re: New specActions/things.

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Some of em wud be great
Good that you collected it ;)
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

@Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

IS_PASSABLE - you mean neutral trees to be passable? we can put in

2. TURN_SPEEDUP - this seems too special case - also AI will not be able to use it.

3. TRANSFORMATION2 - i thought we can already have any spells that uses transformation - dont we?

4. Spells and factory production - this is not a nature player, use a notrmal player for such logic.

5. On Hit Percentage - on affect chance - we can put in.

also i suggest separate topic for each under Technologies, Spells & Abilities (with same prefix like: "New Specunitaction:*")
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:10 am 3. TRANSFORMATION2 - i thought we can already have any spells that uses transformation - dont we?
He means that we need single unit with multiple transformation spells.
For example druid after tech shapeshifting must get 4 transformation spells: eagle form, snake form, wolf form, bear form.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes. i think we can set that - or manybe i am wrong :)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

About the TURN_SPEEDUP, it is definitely needed, I know the a I won't be able to do it unless you can set certain units to go into a building every time if they are produced. But the A.I doesn't do everything a player does, so this doesn't change much. You can ask why Alexander we need it.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'd like to implement fortitude and reflex save so we can implement ranger and orc slaver
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Can we make units that have a vanishing value unable to be sacrificed by default?

There are spells that are fueked by sacrifice and those sacrifices should be real, not summoned units that would die anyway
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - FAQ”