Defender cost and stats - ANSWERED

DreJaDe

Defender cost and stats - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

Honestly, their stats compared to their cost is unsatisfactory. So unsatisfactory.

A normal imperial crossbowman have almost the same stats as defender crossbowman but their difference in cost is three.

But remember that imperial crossbowman has power range too.

Most of the Defender are like this too, although I know that they are supposed to be more costly, but I think they should atleast have stats close to what they cost.
makazuwr32

Re: Defender cost and stats

Post by makazuwr32 »

Imperial ceossbowman's power range is mistake that will be fixed.

Dwarves always have higher cost than humans.

Also later dwarves will get a mineshaft factory building that once in x turns will reduce by 1 production in in factories/megas in range 1 around them (once in x turns it will provide 4 free money couriers which are instantly applied to nearby buildings).

And last thing: dwarves have more armor upgrades.

Maybe defenders can get 1 or 2 additional unique to them armor and shield upgrades.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 am Imperial ceossbowman's power range is mistake that will be fixed.
If this is a mistake, what's the point in crossbowmen? Their range and damage are less, and the bonuses are laughable. I'm not saying that a normal human crossbowman hits buildings for 1 damage while the archer does impressive damage.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Imperial crossbowmen are pretty cheap, to be fair. I imagine they might plan to increase their damage or maybe anti-infantry bonus in place of aoe.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Savra

Post by Savra »

In this update the Crossbowman will become a lot more useful as archers won't have bonuses to Shielded units, meaning all units with shields the archers will not have bonuses against, meanwhile crossbowmen have better bonuses and ignore Shielded immunity.

Elves will be getting a unit (a few I should say), that has the same bonuses as archers but ignores Shielded status, has less range then base archer (by 1) but better damage. They will also cost the same. Glades too will also get one of these.

As for dwarves who's ranged units either ignore or do bonus damage to Shielded targets, this cost height alone is supposed to keep them from being too op.

As for Defenders getting extra blacksmith upgrades, no, they have runes instead that will make up the difference.

Besides this they also max out with better armour, and attack then other races anyway, in fact they're actually better then all the other races elites (that includes Uruks), which only gets better come this update, which I may or may not include runes in yet.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Answered.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Balancing”