Elf tower - ANSWERED

DreJaDe

Elf tower - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

Could the elf tower's cost be reduced to 6

I mean, it doesn't really do much. It's hp is low, it's hard to build, it doesn't attack, you need to fill it up for use. And the 2 turn scout tower of human could basically do most of its job which is sight.

It doesn't really protect it's archer after all. I think even the fortress have more use to it.

Pls consider.

If there's plan to change it, pls consider atleast for balance for now since it's still useless for me.
Anchar

Re: Elf tower

Post by Anchar »

As far as I know, this tower gives +1 to the range of the shot of the archer in it.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Anchar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 am As far as I know, this tower gives +1 to the range of the shot of the archer in it.
Yes, the problem is that It doesn't really make it more powerful than a fortress and it's cost is even higher now that you have to even train it's archer.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Elven outpost is only tower with carry capacity among all races (i do not touch yet scalefolks) which is constructible on forest tiles.

Also later, during buildings update parapet tower (with carry cap 2-4) will be changed to be more sturdy and costly tower (a bit less than human fortress tower in terms of hp) while outpost will be updated to being cheap tower of elves (like guard tower of humans). It will still be constructible on forest tiles.

For elves there is also planned new offencive tower - Wasp nest - with similar to magic missle ability attack (but will do melee damage and would have no bonuses) and poison effect; alas range of ability and should it gain any ways of range increase are under discussion yet.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Didn't we plan for the wasps nest to have AOE as well?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not an aoe but multiple actions.
I think we can give for the nest 2 techs - one that increases spell range and other that increases actions count.

alas wasp nest must not have any carry capacity (and maybe even being impassable by units, acting as a wall?)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:57 am while outpost will be updated to being cheap tower of elves (like guard tower of humans). It will still be constructible on forest tiles.
Well, even now. I'd say that guard tower is even more powerful than outpost. If used in game. Guard tower is only 4 turns so even if the outpost takes 6 turn to create, it doesn't really scale much even if you add that it can be built on forest.

My question now is that when can we see it's implementation?

Also, I suggest to balance it for now as for me. It's really just expensive. Even for just a temporary balancing.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

we will not change things for temporary balance only to change them again and again 5-1000 more times.

Savra is finalizing categories and after that and runes for dwarves (i hope) we will work on buildings.

As for fortifications:
There will be later 2 types of fortifications - cheap and thin and costly and sturdy.
Human fortress and human guard tower are such examples.
Human guard tower cost will be kept at 4-6 actions (by basic workers, hp will be 400-600). Human fortress cost will be increased up to 10-14 actions along with its toughness (1200 hp is planned for it).

Similar costs will be applied for all cheap and cost fortification towers of other races.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:24 am we will not change things for temporary balance only to change them again and again 5-1000 more times.

Savra is finalizing categories and after that and runes for dwarves (i hope) we will work on buildings.

As for fortifications:
There will be later 2 types of fortifications - cheap and thin and costly and sturdy.
Human fortress and human guard tower are such examples.
Human guard tower cost will be kept at 4-6 actions (by basic workers, hp will be 400-600). Human fortress cost will be increased up to 10-14 actions along with its toughness (1200 hp is planned for it).

Similar costs will be applied for all cheap and cost fortification towers of other races.
Sad
Thanks for informing though.
Savra

Post by Savra »

:lol:

I wouldn't say I'm close to finalizing, but rather halfway through it. I still have bonuses and rebalancing left to do. But I'm closer to finishing and the hard part I believe is done (recategorizing units that is).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Elven outpost i think must be affected by treetop archery tech tier 2 only.

Also it will get later higher heal rate.

for now considered as ANSWERED, we can open new topic related to this building after buildings update.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Balancing”