FAN Maps Sent to be implemented

SomeGuy

Re: FAN Maps Sent to be implemented

Post by SomeGuy »

Played the 'Defence In The Sea' map.

Terrain: 0
Units: 0
Playability: 0
Summary: Swordsmen walking on water? Why?
Plus it only took 10 turns, not 50 for a 3 star victory.
And what's the point of the firework ships?
Who am I?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Thanks to all revisions here are the result:

'Hide' map: I have emailed to the map creator, and eventually maybe he will modify it.
The 'Defend The Castle' map doesn't work. – removed.
The 'Revolution' map doesn't work. - removed
I have played the 'Seb' map. – removed
War Of The Lycaonis Tribes" – removed
"War" – removed
"The Lost" – I have emailed to the map creator, and eventually maybe he will modify it.
'Crusaders attack' - removed
'Rome Of War' - removed
'Defence In The Sea' - removed

I will check:
"The Hunt"

and there are many new ones up on server in 10 minutes.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the hunt: nice map indeed, i sent email to designer increase difficulty or lower the starlimits.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Played 'The Kings Way' map.

Units: 1
Summary: You can't do anything to stop the shadow knights. There's nothing you can do, but lose...
Who am I?
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Played the 'Battle Of Trenton' map.

Terrain: 7
Units: 8
Playability: 9
Summary: A little hard, but I enjoyed the map! This is good enough to publish.
I like how the player's siege units balance out the enemy forces, and that it is hard but not impossible. No issues with the map.
Who am I?
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Played the 'Defense Battle East Rome' map.

Terrain: 1
Units: 2
Summary: The map is too big, it is overwhelming. Player has so many units, it's hard to know what to do with them all. Shows that bigger is not always better.
Who am I?
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Played the 'King Hess Invasion' map.

Units: 4
Playability: 5
Summary: Nice terrain, but I found the mission a bit easy for my liking. Some issues are:
1. One of the allies, 'admiral grease' is very powerful and do much of the work for you. I suggest having fewer units for him, or more enemy ships.
2. I'm not sure about having the 'Julius Caesar' unit, he seems to make the mission fairly easy. Is this meant to be easy to win?
3. If there are allies, they should be different colors, I got confused when admiral grease's units were the same colour as the player's.

If it's meant to be easy, only number 3 should be implemented.
The star levels are good at the moment, if the others are changed, the star levels will need to rise as it will be harder.
Who am I?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

To SomeGuy,
Please, please compile all your reviews into one mega post, just because it's much more convenient for daniel (and me :) ) to overview. All reviews don't need to come in at the same time either, so no worries on that end. It's NOT like Daniel was asking for this either ;) ;) ;)
Also, why is this not under the 'devs ask for help' section. And don't say it's because yiu weren't asking for help. Or else why would you post this thread in the first place. For the sake of an orderly forum, just put it there as its something we aren't obligated to do, but will do anyways, along with every other single thing you would ask of us, were it within our reckoning.
(If for nothing else do it for my wordsmanship (not a real word by the way) that I put together to persuade you)
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Hardeep wrote:To SomeGuy,
Please, please compile all your reviews into one mega post, just because it's much more convenient for daniel (and me :) ) to overview. All reviews don't need to come in at the same time either, so no worries on that end. It's NOT like Daniel was asking for this either ;) ;) ;)
Alright Hardeep, I'll put my reviews into a single post. I did not realise that many posts would make it more difficult for you guys, but I will do that next time.
Also, why is this not under the 'devs ask for help' section. And don't say it's because yiu weren't asking for help. Or else why would you post this thread in the first place. For the sake of an orderly forum, just put it there as its something we aren't obligated to do, but will do anyways, along with every other single thing you would ask of us, were it within our reckoning.
About this, I'm not sure why this isn't in the 'devs ask for help' section. I understand that I have made a lot of posts, but I didn't make the topic. I think it might be here because it is related to the campaigns.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope that you now understand what I have to say.
Who am I?
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Here are my recent map reviews. I hope this helps.

1. Played 'The Kings Way' map.

Summary: You can't do anything to stop the shadow knights. There's nothing you can do, but lose...

2. Played the 'Battle Of Trenton' map.

Units: 8
Summary: A little hard, but I enjoyed the map! This is good enough to publish.
I like how the player's siege units balance out the enemy forces, and that it is hard but not impossible. No issues with the map.

3. Played the 'Defense Battle East Rome' map.

Summary: The map is too big, it is overwhelming. Player has so many units, it's hard to know what to do with them all. Shows that bigger is not always better.

4. Played the 'King Hess Invasion' map.

Units: 4
Playability: 5
Summary: Nice terrain, but I found the mission a bit easy for my liking. Some issues are:
1. One of the allies, 'admiral grease' is very powerful and do much of the work for you. I suggest having fewer units for him, or more enemy ships.
2. I'm not sure about having the 'Julius Caesar' unit, he seems to make the mission fairly easy. Is this meant to be easy to win?
3. If there are allies, they should be different colors, I got confused when admiral grease's units were the same colour as the player's.

If it's meant to be easy, only number 3 should be implemented.
The star levels are good at the moment, if the others are changed, the star levels will need to rise as it will be harder.
Who am I?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Thanks!

1. Played 'The Kings Way' map.
deleted
2. Played the 'Battle Of Trenton' map.
gone in-game! thanks!
3. Played the 'Defense Battle East Rome' map.
deleted
4. Played the 'King Hess Invasion' map.
I wrote the suggestions to the mapdesigner - thanks!
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

SomeGuy wrote: About this, I'm not sure why this isn't in the 'devs ask for help' section. I understand that I have made a lot of posts, but I didn't make the topic. I think it might be here because it is related to the campaigns.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope that you now understand what I have to say.
That part was for daniel, sorry for the confusion. I feel like Daniel's trying to turn a blind eye though...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hardeep wrote:
SomeGuy wrote: About this, I'm not sure why this isn't in the 'devs ask for help' section. I understand that I have made a lot of posts, but I didn't make the topic. I think it might be here because it is related to the campaigns.

That part was for daniel, sorry for the confusion. I feel like Daniel's trying to turn a blind eye though...
sorry i lost the point, what is the question here?
- I like the thread here
- and i am thankful to SomeGuy checking these maps,
- and i like the "one post form" and the multiple post form too (one post is very little easier to handle tough)
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Hardeep wrote: Also, why is this not under the 'devs ask for help' section. And don't say it's because yiu weren't asking for help. Or else why would you post this thread in the first place. For the sake of an orderly forum, just put it there as its something we aren't obligated to do, but will do anyways, along with every other single thing you would ask of us, were it within our reckoning.
(If for nothing else do it for my wordsmanship (not a real word by the way) that I put together to persuade you)
This is the question, so don't you ignore it :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

as i said i dont understand the point in the question.
and if u dont describe with other words we can not step ahead.
email me if u somehow are not happy with the current situation, so we can discuss it in a few emails.
thanks!
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

I think he is just asking why this is not in the Dev ask for help area.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Darkknight wrote:I think he is just asking why this is not in the Dev ask for help area.
Precisely!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have answered it already. because i do not "ask" anyone to do these. these are less important than the ones i "ask" for. I only posted if anyone likes checking new maps, they are here.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

I have reviewed the ‘Siege Fun’ map.
Units: 3
Playability: 3
Summary: Terrain bugs, and turtle ships on land are not a good way to make a good map.

‘Que’, ‘Goliath’, ‘Phillipines 2’, ‘Freedom 2’, ‘Hun’, ‘age of empire’ and ‘3030’ are corrupted.

I have played the ‘Idek’ map.
Terrain: 6
Units: 5
Playability: 4
Summary: Nice terrain, a few issues:
1. Knights on top-left corner are on a mountain, and can’t move. Suggest moving the mountain to the left.
2. Holes in the northern road, suggest using different terrain there.
3. The base in the middle is not assigned to a team, and will not do anything. Suggest making a third player, and replacing neutral units with third player’s units.
4. Mission is fairly easy, suggest either:
-Reduce star levels. Finished in 8 turns, not 15 for a 3 star victory.
-Giving Player 2 a production building, such as a town centre.
Other than that, it is good!

Played the ‘War’ map.
Terrain: 2
Summary: Units… so many units, it’s overwhelming! And there’s a neutral team with a huge army as well.
It seems people don’t realise the gray team is neutral and doesn’t do anything, could we put in the help section that the gray team does nothing?
Who am I?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I have always thought of this that the neutral team should attack. It should attack anyone which tries to capture their lands or wipe them out.no one stays donig nothing on being attacked
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

SomeGuy wrote:I have reviewed the ‘Siege Fun’ map.
Units: 3
Playability: 3
Summary: Terrain bugs, and turtle ships on land are not a good way to make a good map.

‘Que’, ‘Goliath’, ‘Phillipines 2’, ‘Freedom 2’, ‘Hun’, ‘age of empire’ and ‘3030’ are corrupted.

I have played the ‘Idek’ map.
Units: 5
Playability: 4
Summary: Nice terrain, a few issues:
1. Knights on top-left corner are on a mountain, and can’t move. Suggest moving the mountain to the left.
2. Holes in the northern road, suggest using different terrain there.
3. The base in the middle is not assigned to a team, and will not do anything. Suggest making a third player, and replacing neutral units with third player’s units.
4. Mission is fairly easy, suggest either:
-Reduce star levels. Finished in 8 turns, not 15 for a 3 star victory.
-Giving Player 2 a production building, such as a town centre.
Other than that, it is good!

Played the ‘War’ map.
Summary: Units… so many units, it’s overwhelming! And there’s a neutral team with a huge army as well.
It seems people don’t realise the gray team is neutral and doesn’t do anything, could we put in the help section that the gray team does nothing?

Thanks! all are removed except ‘Idek’: i sent your suggestions to designer.

thanks!
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Reviewed ‘Easy Peasy’ map.
Terrain:0
Summary: An army of trebuchets against a bird. Must I say any more?

Reviewed ‘The Chase Down Of King Don’ map.
Summary: I don’t know what’s going on, it’s a chaotic mess of hero units. At least, I think it is. And there’s two even crazier maps after this one!

Reviewed ‘King Don Attacks The Rebels’ map.
Terrain: 1.5
Summary: Units… so many units…

Reviewed ‘King Don Is Finding Alliances’ map.
Summary: I can’t even tell where my guys are, and I’m surprised my phone didn’t crash from all the units! If only the creator knew that more units aren’t always better…
Who am I?
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Maps that are corrupted:
130, 1944 normandie, 30, ambush, bitva na cedaru, escape, hold the line,kill barbarian
Terrain/units/playability

Hide
4/6/8
Was fun, balanced but not necessarily easy, great to see poison destroying the knights. The terrain could be better though. Suggest that rocks become humans rocks so that you need not stand ground to avoid shooting them.

Jkirkian uprising
2/4/6
Wasn't bad, but too easy. Terrain not smooth for hills

Ey
3/4/1
Just a bunch of neutral walls that are a pain to get rid of

Rohan vs urukhai
0/0/0
Wrong game, buddy :). Lancers are cute but they don't do squat against spartan hoplites

Pet battle
1/3/1
Just a huge amount of pets and a long, disinteresting battle
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

SomeGuy wrote:Reviewed ‘Easy Peasy’ map.
Terrain:0
Summary: An army of trebuchets against a bird. Must I say any more?

Reviewed ‘The Chase Down Of King Don’ map.
Summary: I don’t know what’s going on, it’s a chaotic mess of hero units. At least, I think it is. And there’s two even crazier maps after this one!

Reviewed ‘King Don Attacks The Rebels’ map.
Terrain: 1.5
Summary: Units… so many units…

Reviewed ‘King Don Is Finding Alliances’ map.
Summary: I can’t even tell where my guys are, and I’m surprised my phone didn’t crash from all the units! If only the creator knew that more units aren’t always better…
thanks! all removed
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hardeep wrote:Maps that are corrupted:
130, 1944 normandie, 30, ambush, bitva na cedaru, escape, hold the line,kill barbarian
Terrain/units/playability

Ey
3/4/1
Just a bunch of neutral walls that are a pain to get rid of

Rohan vs urukhai
0/0/0
Wrong game, buddy :). Lancers are cute but they don't do squat against spartan hoplites

Pet battle
1/3/1
Just a huge amount of pets and a long, disinteresting battle
thanks! these are removed

Hide
4/6/8
Was fun, balanced but not necessarily easy, great to see poison destroying the knights. The terrain could be better though. Suggest that rocks become humans rocks so that you need not stand ground to avoid shooting them.

Jkirkian uprising
2/4/6
Wasn't bad, but too easy. Terrain not smooth for hills
this two i will check ! thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Idek
Playability:2
Triggerring 0
Terrain 1
Units 2
Maker doesnt know anything.he has left two horses on the hill making them immobile automatically.a large town in centre which is neutral, waiting to be plundered by both sides- maybe the maker doesnt know neutral army does not do anything.the terrain is a bit buggy and the map is toO easy, straightforward and boring..:-(
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Idek
Playability:2
Triggerring 0
Terrain 1
Units 2
Maker doesnt know anything.he has left two horses on the hill making them immobile automatically.a large town in centre which is neutral, waiting to be plundered by both sides- maybe the maker doesnt know neutral army does not do anything.the terrain is a bit buggy and the map is toO easy, straightforward and boring..:-(
You must be new here....... :|
This is one of the more promising maps here :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I read that you and someguy liked this map but i couldnt help it. I liked some othe. Maps more which someguy did not and as i was late to report, dev removed them :cry:

SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Reviewed ‘Siege of a new age’ map.
Playability: 1
Summary: Very easy, didn’t need to put any effort into winning at all.

Reviewed ‘Star wars Vs Grate Emp Of Rome’ map.
Playability: 1
Summary: If I wanted to see TIE fighters, I would have watched Star Wars.

Reviewed ‘Rome Vs Rome’ map.
Summary: Not much to say about this map. Small, easy, and no chance for strategy. If there were production buildings, that would be a good start.

Reviewed ‘Prueb’ map.
Units: 7
Playability: 7
Summary: That was fun!
A minor issue with the terrain, but otherwise it is publishable!
I suggest replacing the rocky ground texture with another texture, such as the desert texture. I find that it makes a good road texture.

Reviewed ‘Boat transport puzzle’ map.
Summary: It is not possible to move. So you can not win.

Reviewed ‘Build Your Own Castle’ map.
Units: 6
Trigger Use: 6
Summary: This map was fun, I liked how triggers built up to a countdown which sent enemies, and how the map gives you the ability to create a fortress and try out different strategies.
There are no issues with the map. This map should be published. I think the map maker should be congratulated!

Reviewed the ‘Gladiators Arena’ map.
Terrain: 5
Units: 7
Playability: 7
Summary: A fun map where all players start with the same units. There are two issues though:
1. The ‘Message Chat’ trigger at the start should be changed to a ‘Message Dialog’ as it looks better.
2. No turn limits. I completed the map in 66 turns, so there should be:
-50 turns for 3 stars.
-70 turns for 2 stars.
-More than 70 turns for 1 star.
Other than that, it is good.
Who am I?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

SomeGuy wrote:Reviewed ‘Boat transport puzzle’ map. Terrain: 0Units: 2Playability: 0Summary: It is not possible to move. So you can not win.
No! Don't take this one off! You didn't figure out the puzzle!

We played it and it is SOOO clever! Making a video now! :)
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Implemented/Closed”