Pirates

Maxbirykov2004

Pirates

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

As i know, some countries (England) gives an opportunity to rob Spanish and Portugal ships... And as i know we had a similar topic before... Could somebody post here link to this old topic.
Squirrel5555

Re: Pirates

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Yes, privateers
AOD Team - Join Us!
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

@Squirrel5555 is right they are called privateers and they were very successful against slow moving cargo ships.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

what about a melee attack and spell canon shots?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I think perhaps they should be more focused on conversion/boarding than cannon fire.

As Sharky says, their purpose was to steal the booty from merchant or trader ships to rather than destroy enemy War ships.

Basically they were licensed pirates, been given written permission to plunder enemy (or even neutral) ships in return for a share of the loot given to the Crown.

Would it be possible to reflect this financial gain by changing any ships they convert into something like the AoS merchant ship (does that exist here) which can then be sent home to do the normal speed up of productions?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:54 am I think perhaps they should be more focused on conversion/boarding than cannon fire.

As Sharky says, their purpose was to steal the booty from merchant or trader ships to rather than destroy enemy War ships.

Basically they were licensed pirates, been given written permission to plunder enemy (or even neutral) ships in return for a share of the loot given to the Crown.

Would it be possible to reflect this financial gain by changing any ships they convert into something like the AoS merchant ship (does that exist here) which can then be sent home to do the normal speed up of productions?
Exactly! Conversion is much better idea. Would make it more unique also. It could have conversion AND cannon shot, but obviously be weaker than regular frigates, which don't have convert ability
AOD Team - Join Us!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

got it. i will make sure it happens
btw get an image an stats
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “ships”