Armoured orc warrior's armour IMPLEMENTED

Savra

Armoured orc warrior's armour IMPLEMENTED

Post by Savra »

So I've been comparing the armoured orc warrior to other races and found something that I find could need changing for balance reasons but it won't be too big of a change.

Now, the hp is fine to me, as well as the attack. Orcs are powerful and rather resilient, I understand that and have been making that point on occasions as well. But the armour part doesn't add up too me.

Basically here's the armour values of each races shielders: (excluding scaledfolks)
Human shielder: 4/4, Experienced: 6/6, Veteran: 8/8

Armoured orc warrior: 4/6, Elite: 5/7, Master: 6/8 Orc skin:7/9

Elf shielder: 2/2, Upg 1: 4/2, Upg 2: 4/4, Upg 3: 6/6 plus dodges

Skeleton shielder: 2/6, Armoured: 2/7, Golden: 2/8, plus calci: 4/8

Dwarf shielder: 4/4, Shielder 1: 8/8, Shielder 2: 10/10, plus dodges

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you see the values, I personally think that if we lowered armoured orc warriors armour to 3/3 or at least 3/4 it should make the campaign maps that people had problems with after the orcs big overhaul of units upgrades. It would also solve some of are campaign issues. (Emphasis on SOME)
Basically this would be how it would look now:

Human shielder: 4/4, Experienced: 6/6, Veteran: 8/8

Armoured orc warrior: 3/4, Elite: 4/5, Master: 5/6, Orc skin: 6/7

Elf shielder: 2/2, Upg 1: 4/2, Upg 2: 4/4, Upg 3: 6/6, plus dodges

Skeleton shielder: 2/6, Armoured: 2/7, Golden: 2/8, plus calci: 4/8

Dwarf shielder: 4/4, Shielder 1: 8/8, Shielder 2: 10/10 plus dodges

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being that the armoured orcs health is higher then everyone else's anyway, this seems like a reasonable solution. Besides, orcs were never good armour smiths, and their armour is usually scrapped together scavenged gear off the battlefield, so it's not going to be the best. Also I don't see how he has better armour then the orc leader who has just about the same if not better.

Just a minor thing. I know there is a big stat overhaul coming but if something like this would be considered I think it would be a welcome change with little controversy.

@Alexander82, @makazuwr32, what are your thoughts?
makazuwr32

Re: Armoured orc warrior's armour

Post by makazuwr32 »

I've been asking for similar change of alex for many time. Ask alex.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Just to be clear so no one jumps to conclusions, I am not saying this because I want this unit to be equal to other races, but rather for certain stats to be changed to accommodate other stats, for example health to armour.

Every other games I've played had similar approach's when dealing with multiple races, if unit has higher health them other races similar units, they ended up with lower armour then most.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I believe that the orcs are warlike tribes of barbarians, therefore in stage 1 they should have rag wraps, in stage 2 armor made of skins, and only at stage 3 iron armor. Dark armor at stage 3 looks nice but strange for a tribal people of stupid barbarians.Moreover, they have technologically advanced armored Uruk Hai.

Of course, I don't want the orcs to redraw their armor, I said it just as my opinion, but according to statistics, their armor should definitely be inferior to the armor of people. I personally have not compared the armor statistics of orcs with other races, because I thought that their armor was already weakened, but if this is not so, then this is another serious plus at the expense of the already strong orcs.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, the other orcs armour seems fine, it's just the armoured orc warriors one that bugs me,

Another example is look at the Uruk hai's stats compared to the imperial sheilders:
Imperial shielder:
Hp:55
Atk:16
Rng:1
Sight:4
Spd:3
Arm:6
P.arm:8
Res:50%

Uruk hai:
Hp:60
Atk:20
Arm:4
P.arm:6
Res:5%

As you might have noticed, the Uruk hai's hp and attack is higher then the imperials, but their armours and resistance are lower.

This is how the armoured orc warriors stats should be like compared to other races based on the example above:
Human shielder:
Hp:30
Atk:8
Arm:4
P.arm:4
Res:0%

Armoured Orc warrior:
Hp:40
Atk:12
Arm:3
P.arm:4
Res:0%
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

You forgot to indicate the cost in the comparison of the statistics of the Uruk Hai and the Imperial Shield. The Imperial is 2 turns more expensive as is the Phantom and Elven herbal shield.

I put up 4 imperial shields against 6 rank 1 Uruk zayev, the orcs won.

I believe that not only shields need to be reworked, but also regular fighters. I made a comparison on my map and found that no humans have gnomes (who should be the best in armor) have melee armor even at 3 stages, while orcs have it already at rank 2 and this is without skin.Their long-range armor with skin is higher than that of humans.

And this despite the fact that all their improvements take place in the city center where stupid barbarians seem to process sticks and stones into dark steel.
Savra

Post by Savra »

The cost was left out intentionally, the only thing I'm focusing on here is just the the armoured orc warriors armour, not upgrade costs, unit costs, or were techs are located.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

With upscaling i think we can slightly reduce armored orc's armor.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

So should we rebalance them?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Already have.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is ready? so can i close it?
(if we implement something we sould say IMPLEMENTED in first post subject)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Closed.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Closed ones”