elves vs shielded

Dahdee

elves vs shielded

Post by Dahdee »

I recently began using elves and am really finding myself challenged vs shielded units. I can only find a few in the unit listings that say anti shield, and none of those list a bonus vs shielded. Should a unit that is anti something not receive a bonus vs that unit it is intended to counter? I can understand the concept of not having many counters to a particular class of unit, obviously that means it's what they are weak against, but it seems a balance issue to have not a single unit that offers a bonus vs a class in wide use from early to late game.
Laxus

Re: elves vs shielded

Post by Laxus »

You can go melee route against shielded units (blade dancers with 3 actions deals a lot of DMG especially with swirl)
Vladneral

Post by Vladneral »

Composite archers against [milee] & [shielded] and sword dancer, right, against [throwers]. With their speed they can avoid battles where they dont need to fight and impose it if they have advantage.

P.s. Would be my favorite race if not this random(dodges) aspects...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Composite archers and glade aegis both deal +20% bonus damage to shielded melee as well.
2. Melee cavalry always deals bonus damage to any non-giant foot unit including shielded ones.
3. Poison archer while does not have direct bonus is a good choice due to poison effect is stackable and ignores any armor.
4. Last option is magic damage since it fully ignores armor.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
IssaKobayashi

Post by IssaKobayashi »

I like to use disamor + poison/frost archers and build some wolf nest so you can "resist" meanwhile you train more advanced units
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Disarmor on human swordman who has at base 1/1 armor is not good way to use an action. And he is shielded thus will not get bonus damage from regular archers.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
IssaKobayashi

Post by IssaKobayashi »

I think he was talking about shielders spam, so you that thing happend on small maps

Return to “Balancing discussions”