Rebalance of ettins

Should we increase stats — hp, attack, armor — and cost (up to 10 turns) of ettins?

Yes
50%
No
25%
I want to see results
No votes
I am Makazuwr32
25%

Total votes: 4

makazuwr32

Rebalance of ettins

Post by makazuwr32 »

I feel that for 8 turns unit even for orcs giving range 3 and power range 2 is too much.

While i like this uniqueness i think 8 turns cost is too low for such awesomeness.

Which is why i want to increase cost of ettins up to 10 turns but with current stats they will not be worth that cost.
Hp will be increased up by +40-60 points.
Attack will be increased by +10-15.
Armor by +2/+2.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Re: Rebalance of ettins

Post by Anchar »

Maybe somehow reduce his speed? He is too mobile due to walking on water and mountains, as well as his range and attack area...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No. This is one of unique traits for it — combination of speed 4, attack range 2-3 and power range 1-2 (it was nerfed already though — power range distribution?).
And i do not want to remove it.

Which is why i want to increase its cost and improve its stats.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I must admit though that most melee giants will get highly reduced bonuses to buildings — they will have only slightly higher bonuses when compared to regular foot melee units.
They anyway have incredible amount of attack so such insane bonus is too much.

Only several specific giants will keep current anti-building bonuses — olog hai, ent warrior (normal ent summon will get reduced bonuses), upcoming flesh titan.
Rest of giants will get reduced bonuses.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i would increase cost but keep stats unchanged,
i would rather decrease slinger damages against giants as last time i saw they dealt too much damage to ettins (and to all giants)
at least i have killed several giants easily with a few skaledfolk flying slinger unit.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Current bonuses for slingers are wip — we are testing that fixed bonus part and it may be decreased down to 30 or even 20.
But in general that is role of slingers — to kill giants.

As for ettin — current stats are worth for 9 turns but i want to make it cost 10 thus slight stats increase is needed.

As for bonuses on most giants with exception of mentioned above olog hai and ent warrior as well as upcoming flesh titan — they are bound to be changed or otherwise they would be too good in upcoming buildings update.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Balancing discussions”