Plan - Buildings plan

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Plan - Buildings plan

Post by Stratego (dev) »

What will we add/change (plan at least) in buildings update:

1. Cheap and cost factories:
1.1. We will add cheap and cost factories categories. Also we will unify construction and mend rate for cheap factories and for cost factories — if factory is cheap than you know for sure that it will have «a» construction rate and «b» mend rate regardless of race. No limits though to hp for them.
1.2. We will rebalance hp of factories — most cheap factories will have hp around 100 ± hp for now. Alas that does not mean that we can't have higher or lower hp — for example temple of nature for elves will have 150 hp but will keep same mend rate. Cost factories will have hp at minimum of 200 and will have less mend and construction rate than cheap ones.

2. Proper implementation of tiers for workers/laborers and other ways of mend rate increase for races/workers without tiers.

3. Rebalance of construction and mend rates for constructible units.

4. Rebalance and implementation of fortifications:
4.1. Cheap fortifications will have hp at most of 300 (wall of dwarves) and will be somewhat easily destroyable by regular infantry. Cheap towers also will have unique functionality so they will be useful as backbone fortifications — for example high carry capacity or high attack range.
4.2. Costly and tough fortifications will have much higher hp (up to 1200-1500 for dwarves, not sure here — will finish this later) and also much higher construction cost. In return normal infantry will not be able to deal significant damage to them (high armors, high hp) so siege units will become important against these.
4.3. Implementation of 1 cheap wall and 1 tough wall for all races.

5. Rebalance of megas (first step):
5.1. Current 2x3 megas will become more costly, will get unified construction and mend rates and less hp difference than now — it is weird that one mega has 8000 hp while other has 2400 hp — will be changed to around 6000-8500 hp. Hp of dwarven kingdom might be reduced by the way.
5.2. Implementation of extra abilities for megas and overall increase of their usefulness — they will not be anymore "just another more tough factories".

6. Addition of racial techs to improve one way or another buildings, fortifications and megas. Regeneration for elves, armor for humans, retaliation damage (or just aura to deal damage in melee range to enemies) for orcs, improvement of construction and mend rates for dwarves (in total it will be around +50% for all techs they will have) and so on.

7. Proper rebalance where needed bonuses to buildings, fortifications, megas...

8. Bug fixing and such for abilities which can be used on buildings (goodbye curse on buildings, mend building ability on woodshaper won't be able to speed up construction and so on).

And ofc some minor additions like extra factory for dwarves that is really required.

Uruk tent by the way will have considerable amount of hp (200-250 hp) for factory but will still count as cheap factory and will share construction and mend values with other cheap factories.

As an example of cheap factory with high amount of hp.

9. Implementation of other buildings category for non-factory extra buildings (fountains, graves and such, we will add more such buildings in future for all races). These also will get 3 categories — cheap, costly, special — with unified mend and construction rates for first 2.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Plan - Buildings plan

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Makaw plan, i have yet checked so it needs discussion before starting to make it.
(i just saved it here to forum)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@makazuwr32 : is there any more up-to date plan about this?
as i wanted to
1. check tru and understand the concept
3. and if i can approvve it than trying to split up to smaller updates (eg. max 1 day tasks)

thanks!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Here is problem i have found is that we have quite a variety of construction/mend rates for factories. From 70% and up to 200%. I want to unify these rates so regardless of race if factory is "cheap" it will have "cheap" construction/mend rates regardless of race, if factory is "costly" it will have "costly" construction/mend rates regardless of race. We will balance actual construction speed (build time) by other means — health of factory and mend rate of workers and laborers.

3. Savra is saying that just updating stats alone can be done within few evenings. So that is not required.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the drops: That i will decide.

the real question is: is there any up to date plan i can read and accept before we start anything about it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not complete plan — with stats and such — is ready yet.
Mainly because i have 5-7 variants of mend rates for each race and their workers/laborers combo and i am in the middle of deciding which will be the best. Might add 2-3 more variants in order to reduce if possible any unnecessary changes to campains.

And on those values (range here varies from 6 mend rate as minimum possible for orcs up to 140 as maximum possible for dwarves, ofc all values of all races will be within some reasonable range) will depend literally every single other value of buildings update.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I dont need values.
only like "increasing hp of factories by about +20% except Orc put that will get 80->150hp " so something like this (so the main points of change)

these are the ones i will be able to
1. accept
2. sort / split into "drops"

worker mend rates: btw i think is very good that workers are different a little among all races - that makes them differing , unifying that is not a good way imho.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I am planning to make workers different, yes.
Only question is about range of this difference.

As for values — for factories specifically i can't say anything for sure since in case of 6 mend rate for undeads and so on for other races cheap factories will have hp around 80 while in case of 140 mend rate maxed for dwarves hp of factories might be even 250-400 hp.

Only completed values are for megas:
Dwarves will have 9000 hp
Humans will have 8500 hp
Undeads will have 8100 hp
Elves will have 7500 hp
Orcs will hsve 7200 hp
Scalefolks will have 7000 hp
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, no need for values, only a list like the first post (just updated if there was any change)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No update yet.

I may only add that we will split this into 2 major parts:
Firstly for sure we will update stats for existing in game units and buildings (and i hope to put all this in single update since it will be just update to stats).
Than in second part which might take longer (and that is fine) we will add required abilities and new buildings.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, no problem, when u have the updated (not deatiled, but like the first post) please send me, we can not start without a written plan - thanks!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It will not be more updated than the plan in the first post if it is without stats.

When i will finish preparing i will post all details here.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, than i check the text in first post (as u sort of said it is up to date) and try to split up to drops.
Savra

Post by Savra »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:34 pm I am planning to make workers different, yes.
Only question is about range of this difference.

As for values — for factories specifically i can't say anything for sure since in case of 6 mend rate for undeads and so on for other races cheap factories will have hp around 80 while in case of 140 mend rate maxed for dwarves hp of factories might be even 250-400 hp.

Only completed values are for megas:
Dwarves will have 9000 hp
Humans will have 8500 hp
Undeads will have 8100 hp
Elves will have 7500 hp
Orcs will hsve 7200 hp
Scalefolks will have 7000 hp
Why does a volcano have less HP than a tree? It should be the other way around.

Anyway I think it might be better if the megas we're closer to how they are now. (Not by means of HP and stats but, similar to how they are compared to each other)

For example:
Dwarves:9000 hp
Humans: 8500 hp
Scaledfolks: 8100 hp
Orcs: 7500 hp
Undead: 7200 hp
Elves: 7000 hp

This because, elves have nature buildings mostly and it was planned they would get Regen. Plus it's closer to being reasonable (I could understand cheaper megas being closer to those but, a literal mountain being weaker compared to a tree isn't exactly understandable :lol: )

As for basic factories and towers, I can agree orcs will have the weaker end on the spectrum, only after scaledfolks.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Tree is bigger but it will not have as much armor and p.armor than volcano. 4/30 armor for great tree vs 14/60 for volcano. Might even more reduce armor and p.armor for great tree — around 2/20 maybe.

Why Yggdrassil sized tree should have less hp than a mere volcano?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Because the volcano is a literal mountain, like dwarves kingdom under the Mountain.

Anyway, we should probably just begin the list of changes (eg what everything will look like), so we can get a better view of the update.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Also undeads should have better fortifications than orcs, elves and scalefolks since while being undead they still keep knowledge from being alive.
That is why they are counted as third in making mega building.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, I guess that's fine since eventually volcano's and similar style structures will eventually be immune to burning. (When we add the mold effect and the such that is).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes.
Volcano and kingdom both will be immune to burning (or at least will receive much less damage, maybe about 20 damage/stack) while against tree burning will be even more effective than against regular buildings (probably 100-150 damage/stack).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Balancing discussions”