Plan - Magic update plan

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Plan - Magic update plan

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Magic update:

0. Planning and addition of categories for all existing and upcoming abilities. Required for cooldown changing abilities and for cleansing, disenchant and dispel.

1. We will divide disenchant into 3 abilities — disenchant, dispel and cleansing. They will be able to remove different effects and none would be able to remove all of them.
1.1. Cleansing will apply light healing (up to 20 hp) and reduce timer for all dot, on-hit and physical effects.
1.2. Disenchant will reduce timer for various buff effects on enemy units. Also will reduce vanishing on summons. Alas it will not be able to affect self buffs, runes, crystals, auras and physical buffs.
1.3. Dispel will reduce timer for debuffs on allied units. Same here as with disenchant — won't be able to affect auras, self debuffs, runes, crystals, physical debuffs (for example broken armor).

2. Probably will require your help — removal of the auto-disenchant for all buildings and tcs for units inside. With exception of few selected buildings all other must not be able to remove any debuffs or dot effects. Addition of some extra buildings which CAN remove debuffs and protect units from them.

3. Expansion of magic arsenal every race has — more casters and abilities, including aoe buffs and aoe debuffs. I think this one is possible even right now. Some effects and abilities may be postponed.

4. Implementation of elements — fire, water, ice, earth, wind, electricity/lighting — and casters who will use those.
4.1. Also many units will get extra weaknesses to this or that element. May be postponed.

5. Overhaul of spell resistance and debuffs chances. Most units will get drop spell resist to 0%. Only few races will have some base spell resistance. And it will be at most 20% when fully maxed. Alas that does not mean that there might be some number of units who will have higher spell resist.

6. Even more debuffs for undeads. Many of those will also get rather high spell range, comparable to elven attack range for shooters.

7. Magic armor — armor against magic damage (this one may be postponed after unity version).

Among all 4 biggest updates — upscale, bonuses and categories update, buildings update and magic update — this one probably will be least balance breaking one.

Main issue with this is lots of code changing to update abilites that they will require spell power and addition of new units, abilities, effects (both images and jsons).

Also i have some plans here and there for specific units but won't mention them since they might be changed 100500 times before we will get to it.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Plan - Magic update plan

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Makaw plan, i have yet checked so it needs discussion befor starting to make it.
(i just saved it here to forum)
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Can I move it to AoF?
Magic has nothing to do with AoS.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sh*t, both should be there sry.