Woodshaper after buildings update NOTYETPROBLEM

MrLich

Woodshaper after buildings update NOTYETPROBLEM

Post by MrLich »

That whole post is just a note that woodshapers mend 20% skill should definitely be nerfed when the buildings update arrives, or it will give elves a great advantage(if defensive playstyle will be more viable, elves could end more defensive than dwarfes overall, as 5 woodshaper mends, and you got your 8 k great tree with regen build, even near enemy base) i suggest to change it to a normal heal in the update(repairs already existing buildings, but doesnt work on the ones in construction)
makazuwr32

Re: Woodshaper after buildings update

Post by makazuwr32 »

20% mend won't be changed on its own.
It will get cooldown and initial cooldown though to avoid abuses.

Also dwarves will still be superior in terms of toughness to elves because they will have mend spell on their 3 turn cost priest units. Yes it will heal a fixed amount of health (and multiplied by bonuses) but it will be presented on cheaper unit, no cooldown and those priests later would be able to get 2 actions from alchemist.

Also dwarves will get a unique tech that will allow for workers and miners to get loose part of mend rate and ability to help in construction in order to get significantly higher actions/turn count (+4-6) to mend wounded not-under-construction mechanical units and buildings.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I see, the cooldown on woodshapers will need to be a hefty one though, or they end being a solid builder replacement, as for dwarfes, getting ahead in building isnt bad, unless ofc it will be twice or several times ahead
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Also is it just me, or dwarfen war Zeppelin is a unfinished unit?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Ability will not be able to target under construction buildings in future. Only on already finished buildings to mend their damage.

War zeppelin is a bit unfinished, yes. Lacks some techs and abilities (same as defenders, light and heavy cannons, mortar, priest, monk).

As for dwarves: that ability will not be usable for under construction units and buildings. But it will be usable for mending wounded mechanical units and buildings.

Alas dwarves will already be in future better builders due to coal carts you may get from gold mine — poor coal cart gives +1 action for workers for few turns, rich coal cart gives +2 actions.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

is this problem actually exitst?
is here any imbalance NOW?

or will be only after buildings update? if so we dont need to have it open.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Right now it is fine as i stated already.
After buildings update he will loose ability to help in construction of unfinished buildings.

Better to close.

Return to “Closed ones”