Are These Races like AoF?

MaharajaInfernape

Are These Races like AoF?

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

Why is there a division of British, French and Mercenaries in Units Section? Are these like the races in AoF (i.e. a player can use only 1 race in a game)?
Maxbirykov2004

Re: Are These Races like AoF?

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:08 am Why is there a division of British, French and Mercenaries in Units Section? Are these like the races in AoF (i.e. a player can use only 1 race in a game)?
Well... Yes... It has factions (races), but they arent like aof (more like Aoww)... They has pretty same units, and Mercenaries are available for all faction...
Any other questions?
Plus link to discord server... Since all work moved there
https://discord.gg/DX5k9F6wQY
MaharajaInfernape

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:49 pm all work moved there
Why?
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:38 pm
Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:49 pm all work moved there
Why?
It is super effective...
Because at the server you should every time refresh page, plus max image file can be 12 Kb, at Discord more convenient to communicate... And more other facts...
Plus AoA, AoR, AoMw mostly moved at Discord...
So... @MaharajaInfernape do you want to join (link is https://discord.gg/DX5k9F6wQY)
MaharajaInfernape

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:49 pm Well... Yes... It has factions (races), but they arent like aof (more like Aoww)... They has pretty same units, and Mercenaries are available for all faction...
I suggest not to make these factions like those in AoF. (I haven't played AoWW yet, but I assume factions in AoWW are like races AoF but with "pretty same units", as you said.) That is, in a game more than 1 faction should be allowed to be used. This is because there are going to be much more factions in future, such as Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese and many more. If factions are still added in this manner then they should be based on cultures with different military systems (like Western European, Russian, Indian, Japanese, etc.) and not simply on countries. If British and French militaries were very similar, they should be in same faction.
Last edited by MaharajaInfernape on Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Hi, buddy, i am the design leader of the project, u can share me any doubts u have. Fornow i will only set clear that this project is focused in european conflicts during the age of discoveries. That way, we wont have asian, african or american factions/races. Dont worry about that. We have already decided a limit of factions and decided what countries wil be those factions, only have 1 slot left for another faction (maybe italian or swedish).
We are going slowly polishing the first faction before advancing to the next one. We are open to suggestions, so feel free to share them with us. Thanks
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
MaharajaInfernape

L4cus wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:59 pm Hi, buddy, i am the design leader of the project, u can share me any doubts u have. Fornow i will only set clear that this project is focused in european conflicts during the age of discoveries. That way, we wont have asian, african or american factions/races. Dont worry about that. We have already decided a limit of factions and decided what countries wil be those factions, only have 1 slot left for another faction (maybe italian or swedish).
We are going slowly polishing the first faction before advancing to the next one. We are open to suggestions, so feel free to share them with us. Thanks
Hi! So this game is only focused on European factions and not all over the world like that in AoS? But IMO having units all over the world will be far more interesting. Then AoD will be even better than AoS because it is based on gunpowder age, and also in this era much more kinds of units of different parts of the world and much more information about them are known to us.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

It oul be a yes and a no. Lately the topic of american and aisan units being introducd on the regular gameplay by structures or tech specific for every faction. Since we strted with england we though about the east company introducing indian units, some rsource acting lke the mine roduction and even slaves...
About adding non european civs as factions id due to the feact that history development is different in evwrypart of the world. With tht in mind, we noticed that an american faction would be pretty different fr the time lap...herri mean that , for exmle, aztecs didnt exit till 1815...btw, the way asian civs evolved was far from european, so dont see this like a lack of variety, its just that historical accuary is the trait that we are looking for, and we would have to sacrifice this trait if we tried to add non european factions (only otoman are acepted and maybe another north africa civ)
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
MaharajaInfernape

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:09 pm I suggest not to make these factions like those in AoF. (I haven't played AoWW yet, but I assume factions in AoWW are like races AoF but with "pretty same units", as you said.) That is, in a game more than 1 faction should be allowed to be used. This is because there are going to be much more factions in future, such as Indian, Persian, Chinese, Japanese and many more. If factions are still added in this manner then they should be based on cultures with different military systems (like Western European, Russian, Indian, Japanese, etc.) and not simply on countries. If British and French militaries were very similar, they should be in same faction.
Here I give some examples, both British and French were mainly based on infantry such as musketeers and pikemen (and later bayonet guns), and had less cavalry during this time. On the other hand, Poland had its military mainly based on cavalry such as winged hussars. So they should be on different faction. This is what I meant to say.

I don't think this game should be like a few European nations fighting together like the WWs; but it should be more like AoS, having campaigns throughout different civilizations of the world, but based on gunpowder units instead of Ancient and Mediaeval units.
Last edited by MaharajaInfernape on Sun May 23, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaharajaInfernape

L4cus wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:36 am we though about the east company introducing indian units, some rsource acting lke the mine roduction and even slaves...
By Indian units, I don't mean Indian sepoys employed on the East India Company, but I mean the units Mughal Empire (16th to 18th century) and other empires such as Maratha (18th century), which existed since much before the British.
L4cus wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:36 am we noticed that an american faction would be pretty different fr the time lap...herri mean that , for exmle, aztecs didnt exit till 1815
I didn't ask for adding Aztec units because they didn't exist till 19th century.
L4cus wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:36 am the way asian civs evolved was far from european, so dont see this like a lack of variety, its just that historical accuary is the trait that we are looking for, and we would have to sacrifice this trait if we tried to add non european factions (only otoman are acepted and maybe another north africa civ)
I could not understand this. Early Modern military systems evolved differently throughout civilizations but also had much connections between them. Moreover, if Ottomans can be added then Persians can also be added, then Indians too. Then Chinese, Korean and Japanese. All civilizations had linkage between one another and so military tactics spread from one civilization to another.

Overall I would always suggest AoD to have units throughout different civilizations of the world (which existed during the time period of 15th/16th to 19th centuries) like AoS. Also, the units in the game should directly correspond with real history, just like AoS.
Last edited by MaharajaInfernape on Sat May 22, 2021 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Aztecs in the 19th century?

Persians?

Theres a bit of a time gap but yes if theres enough info about this other civilizations they may be added but keep in mind that each project has its goals and limitations, by no means will we ever be able to represent the entire planet let alone all of the micro nations of asia.

If anything the qing-ming dinasty, the moors, the mughals or any other asian/north african civilization will have to wait considerably.

If you are this interested i recommend you getting into our discord were we will be able to have a more in depth discussion about this.
~Gral.Sturnn
MaharajaInfernape

Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:30 am Aztecs in the 19th century?

Persians?

Theres a bit of a time gap but yes if theres enough info about this other civilizations they may be added but keep in mind that each project has its goals and limitations, by no means will we ever be able to represent the entire planet let alone all of the micro nations of asia.
Please try to understand. I never asked for the addition of Aztecs here; they are suitable for AoS.
And Persians? The Safavid Empire existed during the Gunpowder Age. So Persians are not comparable with Aztecs in this sense. Also, the military of Iran was much advanced in 18th century at the time of Nadir Shah.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Ah now thats different, you had me confused for a second, and yes we may add special units from other civilizations for campaings and such.
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Like the anglo sikh war, anglo afghan war, the maratha confederacy and the such.
~Gral.Sturnn
MaharajaInfernape

Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 am Ah now thats different, you had me confused for a second, and yes we may add special units from other civilizations for campaings and such.
Like the anglo sikh war, anglo afghan war, the maratha confederacy and the such.
I think you are again confused. I mean that in future AoD should contain units from different civilizations not only as special units but also as normal units in factions. (Like AoS has Dojo for Japanese units, Roman Garrison for Roman units, and Nordic, Celtic, etc. units with their respective buildings, and so on)
MaharajaInfernape

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:21 am I mean that in future AoD should contain units from different civilizations not only as special units but also as normal units in factions.
By 'civilization' I mean 'an empire or group of adjacent empires having similar military tactics'.

If factions are to be made then, as I said before, apart from those of Western Europe, there should also be factions for Ming-Qing China, Edo Japan, Mughal Empire, Java & Indonesia, Tsar Russia, Ottoman Empire, Early Modern Iran and so on. These things are to be made in future and definitely not at this moment. But having so many factions can make the game complicated. But the game must be based on the whole world and not only on Western Europe.
Thus, actually, I am completely against the concept of factions.

Unlike L4cas, I would never suggest AoD to be like AoWW but like AoS because AoWW focuses on a single war (between some specific nations) whereas AoD focuses on the type wars fought during an era (from between kingdoms to empires or allies, thus the no. of factions would be huge if factions are there).
I suggest to make categories as in AoS instead of factions. But these categories will act in a different way from those in AoS; so I suggest some other word should be used (e.g. 'civilization') instead of 'category'. In a game each of the categories can be individually enabled or disabled. In campaign maps only certain categories will be allowed. (The same things I also suggest in AoS.) This means that it will not be restricted only 1 single faction. (Though I liked this concept, now I even don't like that only 1 race can be used in the AoF match.)
Last edited by MaharajaInfernape on Sat May 22, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:42 am
MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:21 am I mean that in future AoD should contain units from different civilizations not only as special units but also as normal units in factions.
By 'civilization' I mean 'an empire or group of adjacent empires having similar military tactics'.

If factions are to be made then, as I said before, apart from those of Western Europe, there should also be factions for Ming-Qing China, Edo Japan, Mughal Empire, Java & Indonesia, Tsar Russia, Ottoman Empire, Early Modern Iran and so on. These things are to be made in future and definitely not at this moment. But having so many factions can make the game complicated. But the game must be based on the whole world and not only on Western Europe. Thus, actually, I am completely against the concept of factions. I suggest to make categories instead of factions.
Okay... But whole world will be added in the future... For example i think about shogunat Tokugawa (Japane)...
Mhm... Maybe we should talk about this at Discord? (https://discord.gg/DX5k9F6wQY)
MaharajaInfernape

I was just thinking that someone would write this again.
Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 pm Mhm... Maybe we should talk about this at Discord? (https://discord.gg/DX5k9F6wQY)
Sorry I don't have Discord and I cannot join it now. (I can't explain long reason here.) So for now I'll continue posting my suggestions here. (I hope you will allow me.)
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:04 pm I was just thinking that someone would write this again.
Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 pm Mhm... Maybe we should talk about this at Discord? (https://discord.gg/DX5k9F6wQY)
Sorry I don't have Discord and I cannot join it now. (I can't explain long reason here.) So for now I'll continue posting my suggestions here. (I hope you will allow me.)
Sure...
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:04 pm I was just thinking that someone would write this again.
feel free to make ur suggestions...u like this time lap in particuliar?
would u like to download the apk?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
MaharajaInfernape

L4cus wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:22 pm feel free to make ur suggestions...u like this time lap in particuliar?
would u like to download the apk?
I couldn't understand what you meant.

I'll try to join Discord after few weeks or months. Till then I'll put my suggestions here.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

oh, i meant that u could download the game itself to try it. we are in development so there is a lot of missing units, spells, techs, structures... u can play multiplayer with us as well, and enjoy it. that way u can see what the game lacks. If u want, then send me a private message with ur email
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
MaharajaInfernape

L4cus wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:40 pm u could download the game itself to try it. we are in development so there is a lot of missing units, spells, techs, structures... u can play multiplayer with us as well, and enjoy it. that way u can see what the game lacks. If u want, then send me a private message with ur email
But now I am giving many suggestions may not last longer. I may not get enough time to give suggestions regularly in future because of my other works (like studies). Do I have to keep giving suggestions regularly if I download the dev version?
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

u dont, dont worry about it. aos players come and go...its normal, i am not always active, and sometimes the project is stopped because of work and studies...everyone ahs personal situations and thats good. Enjoy the game before u cant and u regret it
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Others”