version 1.111

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.111

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.110 is published
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version 1.111

Post by Stratego (dev) »

The recent resign problems are hopefully fixed.
(was on server side, so all new resign attemps should work fine from now)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok all app version have these changes
- pinch zoom
- scrolling (pan) reworked
- modified longpress-waypoint things (eg. on movable playes it will nto show)

these changes could bring any bugs i did not find - so please test it a little and tell me if u find anything weird - thanks!

uos 20
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also some waypoint changes:
- pathfingding will not make vertical-horosontal movement but ditectly to target location (like diagonal)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Pathfinding (waypoint) fixes: It will chose fastest ways (roads, avoid woods etc.), and goes diagonally if that is the direction

(most important in AOW as there are many terrain modifiers)

uos 10 AOF/AOw/AOS

please test this too - thanks!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Still the problem of managing waypointed units in bottle necks is a bigass problem for waypointed ais.
As well as that waypointed ais do not choose not-so-optimal movement sometimes (for example it just stays on the place because units are before him on the same "optimal route" instead of trying to go around that; most noticable when from one side you have some additional obstacle - river, mountains, walls...).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Yes, thanks for reminding me :(

also please make me sample maps to show the problems - i can not reproduce these problems (or i reproduce something else) based on descriptions - thanks!

only one i have found when i have a bunch of units in a circle, and waypoint all to move 20 tiles away, they get form to one line and arrive slower.
i am just making a hotfix for this that on target position i try to keep the formation that will result in parallel movement (but only in simple cases)

i read a lot about it and seems i would need to implement a very costy (in development, and in processor too) algorithm as the current A* will not ever handle well grouped movements.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, the "mini" fix on grouped pathfinding is uos 20

it will only spread the waypoints around the selected waypoint location in the same alignments as the selected units were standing.

altough this can cause other problems we need to find out.
(first i think is a unit too far from the "bunch" should not arrive that far - may only within a certain distance we should keep the formation, units outside that should be using single waypoint as earlier.)
(second i can think if target location is beside a river, some waypoints can point to other side of the river - that might not be wanted)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

in trigger there is a new bug with message toast triggers, if a single trigger has multiple message toast effects, it will display the message on the last effect only
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, but toasts should only be alone - so use only one or use other messaging method.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Using two or so toasts allow me to add message in smaller portion so reader can read whole message before it disappears, i usually use it for short events that are not part of main story, like cheap cinematography in between quests :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually i see that hey are all fired but the toasts might overlap/overwrite each other (by Android system)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I see. So toast messages for now better not to use.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new feature in mapeditor: condition can be inverted. (so will be true if that is actually false)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also "Cond: Obj visible to Player1" was not working - it is fixed now.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Cond: Obj1 or player1 unit beside/in Obj2" also fixed (the mandatory fields now set)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new coditions and their opposites (and since we have "invert" already)

Cond: Player1 has Tech - This condition checks if the Player already invente a tech or not. "Does PlayerNr owns the tech?"
Cond: Player1 producing Tech/Unit - This condition checks if the Player is now producing the given unit or inventing the given tech. "Does PlayerNr currently produces this unit/tech?"
Cond: Is Player1 defeated - This condition checks if the Player is already lost the game. "Is PlayerNr Defeated?"
Cond: Game Difficulty is EASY/HARD - This condition checks the game is started in EASY or HARD (write EASY or HARD in message text). "Is Game launched as EASY/HARD?"
Cond: Obj selected by player - This condition checks the specified unit is currently selected by player (selected by clicking on it). "Is Object selected?"

Also!:
"Objs in area" is usable for units in a building too, to see how many units garrisoned - simply select the are so the building is in it and that will count all units inside too.

please someone volunteer to help me testing them - thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

uos 5 in all versions (aos/aof/aow)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

2 new messaging kind:
Eff: Message announce fading Shows a big self-fading message on top of the screen "Show Announcement!"
Eff: Message flavour fading Shows a small self-fading message on bottom right of the screen "Show Flavour texting"

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”