version 1.160

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.160

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.159 is published
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version 1.160

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hi!

anyone having
- any dev version of the games
- AND having android 11 or higher
- please write here or to me in email
->> as i have an theoretical fix for the "how to get gems" / "Check other apps" for 10 gems thing.

(it was no longer working on android 11 and above - many kisses to Google...)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru helped me texting it - thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

changes thanks to Endru !

uos 10

New terrains:
Ice water on decoration layer. Joins better.
Shallows on decoration layer. 3 color versions. Join better.
Tall Grass on decoration layer - 2 color versions
Change:Hastati and Principes have changed promotion rules. It's no longer chance, instead it happens after set amount of turns (21/33) and each attack + each kill decreases it by 3 turns.
Bugfix:Nordic Warlord didn't have armors properly changed along with rebalance. Corrected 3/2->4/2.
Bugfix:Herbal Double Strike from Herbalist was removing itself, thus not working.
Bugfix:Berserker Training was impossible to be researched.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait i got error - so not yet uos 10
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, uos 5 now.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Tested the change to hastati/principes and the 3 bugfixes, and they all seem to work properly in the map editor :thumbsup:. Though I couldn't find any change in the amount of items in the upgrade menu. Is the new berserker training tech granted by default?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Tested the hastati promotion.

What I don't understand though is the need to increase it from the second promotion... Most if not all upgrades only have the same time limit. Why is this special all to more when you need to promote them 1 by 1.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

DreJaDe wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:34 am Tested the hastati promotion.

What I don't understand though is the need to increase it from the second promotion... Most if not all upgrades only have the same time limit. Why is this special all to more when you need to promote them 1 by 1.
Because it's not an upgrade - I don't feel the need to make it closer to them.
And the need to do more attacks/kills fits very nicely with flavour.
Previously each attack (that didn't kill) had lower chance to trigger principes promotion, that hastati ones (10% vs 15%), so it's not something new - just more visible.
b2198 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:27 am Tested the change to hastati/principes and the 3 bugfixes, and they all seem to work properly in the map editor :thumbsup:. Though I couldn't find any change in the amount of items in the upgrade menu. Is the new berserker training tech granted by default?
Yup. Right now it's free.
I know similar research mostly requires shop item, but on the other hand there is already quite big difference between sum of gems from the maps vs total cost of shop upgrades.
So I wonder if it should have separate one. Maybe just give some existing one as a requirement or move some existing one to be given by another and insert berserk training there?

BTW. being free it's probably in "All techs" right now - should it be removed from it?
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:16 am Yup. Right now it's free.
I know similar research mostly requires shop item, but on the other hand there is already quite big difference between sum of gems from the maps vs total cost of shop upgrades.
So I wonder if it should have separate one. Maybe just give some existing one as a requirement or move some existing one to be given by another and insert berserk training there?
Would it be possible (and would it make sense) to make it be given when unlocking zerks themselves?
Endru1241 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:16 am BTW. being free it's probably in "All techs" right now - should it be removed from it?
I have no clue. I very rarely play with "All techs", because I prefer to strategize around choosing (some of) those techs, so I don't really know the state of the game with that setting. Also is there somewhere in the game where we can see which techs it unlocks when that option is set?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

b2198 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:42 am Would it be possible (and would it make sense) to make it be given when unlocking zerks themselves.
That's the least restricting approach.
And actually one I had planned, but forgot to add the tech to list of unlocked things.
Also is there somewhere in the game where we can see which techs it unlocks when that option is set?
Start the game with all techs unlocked and look at the list of researched techs.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new update thanks to Endru!

uos already

Assasin Dagger Throw - activates new assasin ability - ranged attack, that leaves poison.
Change: Berserk low morale aura range 4->2.
Change:Assasin and Lasiq Assasin cannot attack (or use abilities) while garrisoned. Assasinate ability damage changed to 80 (from instant kill -10000), Assasin inside ability damage applied to all carried units changed from instant kill (10000 damage) to 21 damage (decreased by armor) with bonuses +35% vs [Mounted], +50% vs [Machine], +200% vs [Siege Machine Armored], [Leader].
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Already?? o.O That was fast. Gonna test those in a few hours probably.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Narrator: He did not, in fact, test those in a few hours.

Anyway...

Does this mean that it is working properly in regards to berserker training? (that is where zerks are in 1.159)

Aura range nerf seems to be working.

Is this the tech for the assassin ability?

Just did some testing with the assassin changes, and one thing I noticed is that multiple uses of Assassination Sweep Inside don't deal further damage in the same turn. Maybe because it's being applied by the aura itself? One way I thought of to try to fix this would be making it work at the start of turns, like the roman physician aura, though that would either remove the instant damage or apply it twice to the units inside. Also a weird thing that happens with this aura is that it also does damage to units that are trained in the opponent's next turn, moments before the aura is removed. I think it also works like that in 1.159, but I'm not sure if that's intended.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

b2198 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:31 am Narrator: He did not, in fact, test those in a few hours.
That's why I try to add "probably" or "maybe" to any declaration, that contains stating time or date of doing something.
Does this mean that it is working properly in regards to berserker training? (that is where zerks are in 1.159)
Yup. I added berserker training to be unlocked by berserker shopitem.

Is this the tech for the assassin ability?
You found it.
Just did some testing with the assassin changes, and one thing I noticed is that multiple uses of Assassination Sweep Inside don't deal further damage in the same turn. Maybe because it's being applied by the aura itself? One way I thought of to try to fix this would be making it work at the start of turns, like the roman physician aura, though that would either remove the instant damage or apply it twice to the units inside.
I send a fix. Aura was not set to be stacking.
Also a weird thing that happens with this aura is that it also does damage to units that are trained in the opponent's next turn, moments before the aura is removed. I think it also works like that in 1.159, but I'm not sure if that's intended.
So we just found out, that effect lasting countdown happens after production.
Let's just accept it.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”