version 1.159

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.159

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.158 is published
DreJaDe

Re: version 1.159

Post by DreJaDe »

Wait
Is there smt new?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Also did something happen to Endru? Haven't heard of him in the last few weeks...
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

dont worry, he got little busy in his household in his last weekends.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:40 am dont worry, he got little busy in his household in his last weekends.
Oh, ok then. I was starting to get a bit worried indeed.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

In the dev version it says for me to update so I did but when I do, it still says that I should update.

This is true for both aos and aoww.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i always forget, ok i am on it - check in 10 minutes. srry.
Marine25

Post by Marine25 »

Its been 2 months, the game wasn't updated
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Endru was not around due to real life to work on the game so there were no reason to update.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

mega pack thanks to Endru!

uos 10

New terrains:
Wooden bridge (on terrain layer) with full joins with water and land.
Stone road - 2 new, additional versions of stone road. Uneven paved + ancient city styled.
Pavement ground - 2 terrains - one designed to be city like, which joins with normal terrain showing elevated edges and 2nd one being like internal road, but without movement bonuses.
Dry cracked desert - decoration layer designed to be put on desert tiles (treated as rough terrain and removable by workers)
New upgrades:
Reinforced Wagon - increases carry capacity, hp and pierce armor.
New techs:
Better explosives - +5 ability power to units with explosive abilities (petardier, demolition ship).
Contracts - unlocks more modern mercenaries (those previously unlocked by writing).
Berserker Training - +2 power, +2/1 armors to berserker.
Bonuses change:All anti-mounted have bonuses slightly changed in working - Effect damage is removed and constant bonus added instead (e.g. Spearman unit have bonus of +60% +5 vs [Mounted], +80% +8 vs [Slow][Heavy Cavalry], etc.). Thus ability power no longer increases damage, but after researching reach full damage is applied before enemy counter.
Additionally some units total bonus damage against mounted were changed.
All anti-building infantry and classic heavy infantry have some bonus damage against wagons added. Catapults and cannons have symbolic bonus damage, only to avoid miss chance.
Change:Added [Slavic] category to flailmen.
Change:Dismiss Propaganda now also decreases Declare Oni Possesed and Demoralise effects duration by 1 turn.
Change:Berserkers attack 7->5, armors 2/1->0/0 (stats come back to old level after new tech), bonus damage against Medium and Heavy Cavalry is removed. Against Elephants +200%->+75%
Change:Horse Crossbowmen armors 1/0 -> 1/1, HP 25->28, Elite armors 2/1->2/2, HP 30->34.
Change:Terrain Road and Terrain Stone Road constr. affect. 150%->200%. Road build time with Laborer 4/3->3/3 turns, Worker 3/3->3/2 turns. Stone Road build time with Laborer 5/4->4/4 turns, Worker 4/4->4/3 turns.
Change:To Heavy Lancer tech cost 3->4. To Gendarme tech cost 3->4.
Change:All anti-mounted cavalry is given [Lance] category, which makes them only get basic damage vs mounted from other lancers.
Great ships changes:Carrack attack 9 -> 7, HP 110->100, Galleon attack 10->8. Both get [Archers] category added, so bonus damage from 2 blacksmith Ranged damage techs. To Galleon upgrade tech cost 5->7.
Explosives change:
Petardier ability power 18->10.
Bonus from explosion vs megas +1000%->+1200%. Along with new tech total damage is similar vs megas, ~20% weaker vs other units.
Bonuses from petard: vs structures and siege +120%->+130%, vs fortifications +450%->+560%, vs megas +1400%->+1700%. Along with new tech total damage is similar vs megas and fortifications, ~15% weaker vs other structures, ~20% weaker vs other units.
Demolition ship final damage is stronger by ~20%.
Mercenary changes:All [Mercenary] units, that didn't require any tech now require Writing. New 3 cost tech - Contracts - which also requires Writing unlocks medieval mercenaries.
Change:Northern Axe Thrower damage bonuses changed. General vs [Flesh and Blood] one is removed, but added instead: +5% +2 vs [Ranged][Foot], except [Heavy Armored], +20% +2 vs [Melee][Foot], except [Heavy Armored], +25% +2 vs [Mounted], except [Misc], [Heavy Armored], [Elephant].
Change:Battle Song removes poison weapon effects. Poison weapon and Slowing Poison Weapon removes Battle Song.
Change:Winged Hussar range 2->1, but 0 action cost ability added to boost range by 1 for 1 attack. Cooldown 1 turn.
Change:Wagon carry capacity 3->2 (back to 3 with upgrade), speed set to 3, but ability added to increase speed by 2, locking it from loading/unloading units this turn.
Change:Light Hoplite bonuses vs buildings boosted to have ~17% higher damage.
Bugfix:To Ace Light Cavalry was unavailable in Ger Tergen Yurt.
Bugfix:Kern added to Veteran's Roundhouse.
Bugfix:Roman physician didn't have [Support] category assigned.
Bugfix:Auxilary Skirmisher didn't have [Irregular Infantry] category assigned.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Huge amount of great changes, nice work there :D

Also nice idea for nerfing winged hussars by removing half of their ranged attacks, didn't think of that. :ok_hand:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version 1.158

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the wagon changes are undoed for a little, we figured out a new way to balance wagon "assault" balance problem.

so please EVERYONE using the new dev version wagons, please delete them from the games as those will crash! (also true for the new wagon tech: stop that production in all games - thanks!)

(reason: i try to keep the original wagon ID, so the new will not exists probably causing crashes)

uos already.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also update :
terrain image fix, send money courier set to no autocast

uos already

(new wagons are removed! hope u deleted all instances - thanks!)
heroX

Post by heroX »

I noticed that for Hospitaller elite, it says they cannot be converted, but this is not true (given enough priests on the opposing side).
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Are the blinking icons in unit production menu intentional? If so, what do they mean?

Also shouldn't there be a
version 1.160

version 1.159 is published
post? :D

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”